MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Oct 2020, 02:35

Brilliant, Anna. You make ME want to hear both recordings!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Oct 2020, 02:36

Charlie O. wrote:Brilliant, Anna. You make ME want to hear both recordings!

I've sent em to a few people! Send us your email. I'll send em.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Oct 2020, 06:04

What a fantastic experience and get ready for more old memories to surprise you. Shit happens as they say.

Our short getaway is locked in. I only need to figure out what we’re going to eat and pick out the wines to go with the food. Everything else will be decided on the fly. I’ve been coming to this place since the late 80s so it’s obviously a place I enjoy. Casual elegance with a dash of rustic and a feeling of being far away from the world. Really looking forward to this after seven months at home. I wouldn’t stay in a traditional hotel at this point but more often than not I’d prefer something like this anyway so it doesn’t feel like a compromise.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Oct 2020, 20:55

I voted today. Was in line for over two hours. Countering the seemingly popular assumption that all of the early voters are Democrats, I can attest that there were some Republicans there - including the chattering idiot couple immediately behind me who were neither wearing masks nor socially distancing. They were the ONLY people I saw in that line not wearing masks... and they had to get in line behind ME. :evil:

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2020, 17:24

I went into my corner variety store and saw that they had ... LUCKY ELEPHANT POPCORN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Elephant_Popcorn

I haven't seen it for several years and it's only a dollar a box. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Oct 2020, 04:25

I got a thumbs up from one of the top djs in the city for my gig last night. I’ll take that over ten from regular customers. I was playing an all acoustic set so not my usual jazz/r&b/rock set so rightly chuffed on the recognition.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Oct 2020, 12:29

Nice work, Charlie!
Nice work, six string!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 24 Oct 2020, 12:52

Charlie O. wrote:I voted today. Was in line for over two hours. Countering the seemingly popular assumption that all of the early voters are Democrats, I can attest that there were some Republicans there - including the chattering idiot couple immediately behind me who were neither wearing masks nor socially distancing. They were the ONLY people I saw in that line not wearing masks... and they had to get in line behind ME. :evil:

oh lord, i hope ya don't get sick.

i know my own experience was lucky.

mind ya, when i chose the tucked away place to vote early, it was in a poorer section of the parish. 80% of the line was black. i'm sure there were a few trump supporters in line with us, but at least they were very, very quiet. small favors and all.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 24 Oct 2020, 22:02

I'm currently entering my 45's into Discogs and was rather pleasantly surprised that I own an ultra-rare, privately pressed Swiss French punk single by "Jack" (the two song titles, in translation: Army and Fuck Off Everybody b/w Theologically :lol: )

https://www.discogs.com/Jack-Armee-And- ... se/6357522

The fact that the cover is missing will make it less valuable but still: The one copy that changed hands so far did so for almost 400 Swiss francs (ca. 340 quid), and the asking price for the one currently on offer is more then 1000 Swiss francs. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Oct 2020, 14:51

That’s cool Felix. Are you selling it? One of these days I’m going to start selling off my lps and I have some jazz lps in particular that go for silly money.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 26 Oct 2020, 07:50

i guess i'm gonna put this here? dunno where else to put it.

i lived in huntsville, alabama for twenty years. they just took down a confederate statue that's been in front of the courthouse for 115 years.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/confederate-monument-removed-alabama-courthouse-73784106

i'm actually pretty amazed about this. mwhahaha.

they moved the statue to an old civil war cemetery. maple hill. i lived a mile from it. i've been there many, many times. (is it only people from new orleans who love cemeteries? maybe. but i love em.)

maple hill is a beautiful cemetery, especially when the dogwood trees bloom. yeah, it's sposed to be haunted... it has a playground for dead children... but it isn't haunted. it's just beautiful.'

so anyway, they put the statue in the right place.

now if only they'd send me a copy of my car title, i could get new plates.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Nov 2020, 14:29

I've avoided social media and news for the most part for a few days to try and give my brain some peace. The election run up has been so overwhelmingly awful and full on and I don't understand how people can do it. I've had to make a conscious decision to avoid things so that I don't go to bed at night worrying. I had media re-entry just now, to news of overwhelming Covid statistics, lockdowns, Vienna shootings, voting projections and now John Sessions is dead. John fucking Sessions. Fucking hell.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 03 Nov 2020, 22:44

We went out to our car this morning at the hotel and we had a note on the windshield from a neighbor who mistakenly thought we were the randy neighbors making noise all night. I’m confident this person based it on where the car was parked even though spaces aren’t numbered but we were parked close to the offending room. This building has four rooms and three were occupied so we were in #7 and #5 was the noisy room and #6 was the complainer. So the complainer said she was happy for our robust sex life but that it kept them up all night and they were going to have a rough day today. Both rooms checked out so no one will ever know the truth except us and the manager as we took the note to her and explained that we went to sleep at 9:00 last night and didn’t have sex so we were innocent of any violations and besides we had done all that noise making the night before at home! We kind of over indulged the night before so combined with the three hour drive we were bushed and retired early. It was pretty funny actually, we just reported it to keep our reputation intact as we are frequent visitors of this establishment.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Nov 2020, 23:13

Six String wrote:We went out to our car this morning at the hotel and we had a note on the windshield from a neighbor who mistakenly thought we were the randy neighbors making noise all night. I’m confident this person based it on where the car was parked even though spaces aren’t numbered but we were parked close to the offending room. This building has four rooms and three were occupied so we were in #7 and #5 was the noisy room and #6 was the complainer. So the complainer said she was happy for our robust sex life but that it kept them up all night and they were going to have a rough day today. Both rooms checked out so no one will ever know the truth except us and the manager as we took the note to her and explained that we went to sleep at 9:00 last night and didn’t have sex so we were innocent of any violations and besides we had done all that noise making the night before at home! We kind of over indulged the night before so combined with the three hour drive we were bushed and retired early. It was pretty funny actually, we just reported it to keep our reputation intact as we are frequent visitors of this establishment.

:lol:

Fantastic.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Nov 2020, 21:18

Lovely day of hiking at Salt Point State Park sitting on magnificent sandstone carved by the wind and the rain, waves crashing majestically as they do. Then we stopped at a proper beach and had a picnic. Nothing like the roar of the ocean to clear your head. One more night and we straggle home tomorrow.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Nov 2020, 13:11

I'm fifty smackers heavier in my bank account, which is very nice, as an apology and compensation from my bank. I'd been to the post office to pay a big time-sensitive bill but it wouldn't go through. I was mortified and embarrassed, as well as frigging furious but with an abundance of caution as it was a 3 figure bill, I'd taken another payment card with me which went through fine.
So after lots of animated high-pitched telephone conversation at home with my bank who had no explanation, a boss bank person rang me back later to say in essence, what can we do to make this complaint go away and make you happy, would you accept fifty pounds ? Which I did.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Flower

Postby Flower » 07 Nov 2020, 14:17

Very sad that "The Mod Club" closed its doors yesterday. We had some great times there, saw Bif Naked, The Zombies and others. :(

http://themodclub.com/

Thinking now of Shanghai Cowgirl where we used to go before and/or after the Mod Club. Great pierogies as well a great chicken fried steak .. etc.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/shanghai-cowgirl-toronto
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Nov 2020, 18:12

Victory breakfast of a 3 egg omelot filled with smoked blue cheese and a few left over brussel sprouts and a little bacon on the side.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Nov 2020, 15:43

On Saturday we met up with Gracie our last placement before finishing up. She is now 4 and a total chatterbox. She was full of questions about when she stayed with us. I had a wee moment when she said that she missed us.

The plan was that we would see her on a regular basis, of course the virus put paid to that. It was last December when we last saw her, hopefully not as long to see her next time.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Nov 2020, 15:47

Jimbly wrote:On Saturday we met up with Gracie our last placement before finishing up. She is now 4 and a total chatterbox. She was full of questions about when she stayed with us. I had a wee moment when she said that she missed us.

The plan was that we would see her on a regular basis, of course the virus put paid to that. It was last December when we last saw her, hopefully not as long to see her next time.

Lovely!

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”