70%
Footy
4%

Total votes: 53

`

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 11 Sep 2020, 16:45

Matt Wilson wrote:
If Jimbo were banned, The Preludins would have nothing to talk about on their BCB thread.

Since that's the far and away the busiest thread on their board, that effectively means
they'd have nothing to talk about at all.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 11 Sep 2020, 16:52

Since I posted that about twenty minutes ago, two of them have already commented on that thread and mentioned me. LOL

Christ...

`

Postby ` » 11 Sep 2020, 17:38

Matt Wilson wrote:Since I posted that about twenty minutes ago, two of them have already commented on that thread and mentioned me. LOL

Christ...

If there’s one thing worse than being talked about...

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Sep 2020, 20:39

I personally banned Jimbo almost two years ago. I highly recommend it.

While it may appear that his shtick is keeping the board alive - it is actually doing the opposite. From my own perspective, while I do post at Preludin, I’ve never made any commitment to it over BCB in my mind. I just look in both places and join in where it is interesting. But I’ve posted a LOT less here recently because, even having blocked him, there’s still no way to talk with folks here on any subject that intersects with politics without joining into a Jimbo-centric conversation. So that’s kept me away.

For some, that might be a good-enough reason to keep Jimbo. But I can’t be the only one feeling that way.

Ultimately I don’t dislike the guy, and I’d hate to see him lose his outlet. But if you keep him, you might as well rename this board Jimboville, because that’s what it is becoming.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 11 Sep 2020, 20:59

well, as i said earlier, i missed a good chunk of this board when i was offline, but when i came back, i realized just how far gone jimbo is.

i defended googa when folk wanted to ban him. i defended skope at great length when he got banned. banning is against my very nature.

but i honestly do not care with jimbo. i can't stand him. i think he is a delusional non-human. and if you think he aint on twitter or wherever spreadin his junk with other batshit jerkwads with "critical thinker" listed in their bio, i think you are very wrong.

fucque him.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Sep 2020, 21:13

Agreed.

Then there’s this thread itself. Will the attention-seeking never end?

It can at BCB. Jimbo’s over. If you want it.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 11 Sep 2020, 21:53

What exactly is "alternative information"? Is it fake news, paranoid conspiracy theories of just bullshit?

I don't have any particular view on Jimbo. He certainly royally winds up the Preludin deadbeats, and for that alone he should stay.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 11 Sep 2020, 22:28

:lol:

Yay Purgy baby!!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 11 Sep 2020, 23:32

Sam Stone wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
If Jimbo were banned, The Preludins would have nothing to talk about on their BCB thread.

Since that's the far and away the busiest thread on their board, that effectively means

And that's just the BCB thread that they'll let you see!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 01:25

p.s. davey, is all okay with you and yers? i swear, when i haven't talked to anyone in awhile, i get a lil freaked. it's like the world is burnin and gettin plague-ridden, and my only thought, honestly, is above ground is good.

er... anyway.

go fucque yerself, people. if i gotta check, i gotta check.

davey, yer spawn is okay?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Sep 2020, 10:17

Well it seems the majority have had enough of him. I'll ask the other admins to make a decision.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Sep 2020, 10:20

The Modernist wrote:Well it seems the majority have had enough of him. I'll ask the other admins to make a decision.

Go away, Geraint.

I'd prefer to see your Admin privileges revoked as I've caught you misusing them on a few occasions. You removed an op topic post once when Gogga tried to reply to it. You'll remember that.
You're a head fcker at times.
Last edited by Samoan on 12 Sep 2020, 10:27, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Sep 2020, 10:22

Why?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Sep 2020, 10:25

Samoan wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Well it seems the majority have had enough of him. I'll ask the other admins to make a decision.

Go away, Geraint.

I'd prefer to see your Admin privileges revoked as I've caught you misusing them on a few occasions. You removed an op topic post once when Gogga tried to reply to it. You'll remember that.

Toodle Pip.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Sep 2020, 10:29

Samoan wrote:

Go away, Geraint.

I'd prefer to see your Admin privelages revoked as I've caught you misusing them on a few occasions. You removed an op topic post once when Gogga tried to reply to it. You'll remember that.

You're imagining things. I've never knowingly done any of that. The only thing I've done - and it has only happened once or twice- is accidently edit when I meant to quote a post as the two buttons are easily confused.

`

Postby ` » 12 Sep 2020, 10:47

Matt Wilson wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:

And that's just the BCB thread that they'll let you see!

Was having a "looky lou" as they call it at Deludin a couple of minutes ago. It seems Sneelock is very aggrieved that I had remarked
that the BCB thread was the longest and busiest there when General Blethering apparently has slightly more posts.

What S omitted to mention was that the current BCB thread only started last October* while GB has been running since Jan 2019.

That's nine full months of posts Coan has squirrelled away.

I wonder why he's so afraid to let anyone here see them...

* October 6th to be exact. Maybe they'll declare a cease fire and invite us over to play a game of football in no man's land

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Sep 2020, 11:09

It was done by Rayge rather than John. He did it, as far as I understand it, because it was creating too much ill feeling between the boards. It was a peace keeping gesture.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 12 Sep 2020, 11:42

The Modernist wrote:It was done by Rayge rather than John. He did it, as far as I understand it, because it was creating too much ill feeling between the boards. It was a peace keeping gesture.

:lol:

`

Postby ` » 12 Sep 2020, 12:14

The Modernist wrote:It was done by Rayge rather than John. He did it, as far as I understand it, because it was creating too much ill feeling between the boards. It was a peace keeping gesture.

No one here objects to people posting on both boards. What most - if not all - BCBers do object to
is people from P coming over and stirring up the shit as is happening here.

The earlier BCB thread on P dated back to the board's earliest days and ran to quite a few pages.

The thread was only removed from view after Matt W had succeeded in registering over there.

Foolishly (sorry M!) rather than screencapping a few the nastier posts, M reported back
here to alert BCBers what was being posted about them.

Certain - but by no means all - sections of Preludin were subsequently made visible to
outsiders.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Sep 2020, 12:46

Was BanJimbo! by Talking Heads or Echo & The Bunnymen?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Return to “Nextdoorland”