Joe Biden

Postby Jimbo » 04 Aug 2020, 12:10

Yay! Joe. :)
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Joe Biden

Postby Jimbo » 05 Aug 2020, 14:23

No one has anything to say? How about refuting that the man is a physical and mental wreck and should not be running for president. Or do you see in him a picture of robust health and that he'll do a fine job? Or would you support Caligula's horse over Trump for the job?

Who would you like to see as his VP considering ...?
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 05 Aug 2020, 15:13

Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Aug 2020, 15:22

Jimbo wrote: ..do you see in him a picture of robust health and that he'll do a fine job?
Or would you support Caligula's horse over Trump for the job?

B please.

Jimbo wrote:Who would you like to see as his VP considering ...?

Warren, of course.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 05 Aug 2020, 15:29

"Settle For Biden" is hardly the most inspiring slogan... and he's not the most inspiring politician but..surely.... anyone but Trump.

`

Postby ` » 05 Aug 2020, 15:39

Settle for Biden? This is something out of the Onion, right?

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 05 Aug 2020, 15:59

Joe Biden is a safe pair of hands while we wait for the next politcian of vision to appear.

VP choice? Someone who sees into the future. I would pick Stacey Abrams or maybe Kamala Harris.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 05 Aug 2020, 15:59

Jimbo wrote:No one has anything to say? How about refuting that the man is a physical and mental wreck and should not be running for president. Or do you see in him a picture of robust health and that he'll do a fine job?

Joe is in fine health for his age. He has always had a little problem with his speech. I would say Trump is the one falling apart his speeches lately are down right lunacy. He stumbles over words all the time .

No I'm Settling for Biden, while he was far from my first pick, I'm happy to vote for Joe.
I am concerned about who he picks for VP, but it certainly will be better than Pence.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 05 Aug 2020, 17:11

Jimbo, if you think that Biden is a 'physical and mental wreck' but not Trump, who literally cannot speak in complete sentences and is obese, then you really have lost it.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Aug 2020, 03:58

Matt Wilson wrote:Jimbo, if you think that Biden is a 'physical and mental wreck' but not Trump, who literally cannot speak in complete sentences and is obese, then you really have lost it.

The choice is not so stark for me. Joe's infirmities aside, he is (or will be) the head of a political party that hasn't done shit for the vast progressive majority of its membership, i.e., Medicare for all. Also the party has voted along with Trump for war and military expansion, and his wall. Adding insult to injury this party is allowing this doddering man to be its representative. Given that they're both horrible candidates, for entertainment's sake, I'd kinda rather see an actual bull in a china shop do its thing.

For VP he should choose Amy Klobachar. She struck me as a hard worker and capable administrator.
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 06 Aug 2020, 09:02

Jimbo wrote:

Given that they're both horrible candidates, for entertainment's sake, I'd kinda rather see an actual bull in a china shop do its thing.

Yes, how everyone living in the powder keg that is the Middle East laughed when Orangey went on the TV and thoughtlessly informed the world that Monday's Beirut explosion was the result of an attack.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Aug 2020, 14:02

Jimbo wrote:Given that they're both horrible candidates

One of which you campaigned for during the last election cycle and lauded his achievements for the first year or so of his Presidency.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Aug 2020, 15:47

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Given that they're both horrible candidates

One of which you campaigned for during the last election cycle and lauded his achievements for the first year or so of his Presidency.

And there really is no comparison between them.
OK so they have both been accused of sexual assaults - although I thinkTrump has about ten times the volume of complaints against him and is on record describing how he goes about the process of assaulting women.

Then you have the whole white supremacy thing, the fundies, the pro-lifers - literally all the worst people in the US (the world) support Trump.

Biden may be a total bellend but compared to Trump he's a fucking minnow.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2020, 07:26

Deebank wrote: Biden may be a total bellend but compared to Trump he's a fucking minnow.

That's what I call that a hosanna! Count me in. I'm with Joe!

Wait ... wait ... Who's the minnow?

Ahh fuggit. Even if Biden is a minnow or a sea slug, he's better than Trump and he's the man to lead the USA!
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 07 Aug 2020, 08:52

Jimbo wrote:
Deebank wrote: Biden may be a total bellend but compared to Trump he's a fucking minnow.

That's what I call that a hosanna! Count me in. I'm with Joe!

Wait ... wait ... Who's the minnow?

Ahh fuggit. Even if Biden is a minnow or a sea slug, he's better than Trump and he's the man to lead the USA!

And us Brits are so sniffy in insisting that our Colonial cousins don't "do" irony!

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 07 Aug 2020, 13:11

Its a bit redundant. Everyone knows that Biden will be a better President. Its disingenuous and trolly to pretend otherwise. The better question is whether America wants to restore some credibility in the world, or if they still want to turn their back and implode.

The big points gap between the two has me worried because it breeds apathy. If people think Joe's a shoe-in then they won't bother to help the campaign, or maybe even to vote? The points lead always seems to evaporate in the final weeks until its neck and neck (emphasis on "seems", I have no evidence for this). By then it could be too late to energize people. I'd prefer if it was more like 50-50 right now.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 11 Aug 2020, 21:39

Kamela Harris will be Joe's VP

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 11 Aug 2020, 21:45

Hightea wrote:Kamela Harris will be Joe's VP

He has to win the election (and the election lawsuits) first!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 12 Aug 2020, 01:10

She was pretty low on my list but people on social media sure as hell seem fired up!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Aug 2020, 02:41

As this race goes on I see it more and more as Dumb vs Dumber. Which candidate is dumber is up to you. I think it is Biden because how dumb the Democrats are to have allowed this senile, doddering, handsy old man into the contest tips the scale. But Dumb Trump ain't smarter, just somehow crafty enough to have slipped through the gauntlet of first, his election, then the electoral college, then Russiagate, then Ukrainegate, now Covidgate, and on and on until he will weasel his way back into office in November.

Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”