PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac: Coming Home

Do talk back
Spock!

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green: Now Playing

Postby Spock! » 31 Jul 2020, 22:08

kath wrote:manalishiiii

let us all toast my dear friend kenneth. he luvved peyer green. he died of cancer a few years ago. we once cleared out a hotel in nashville of all minibar hooch mwhaha

Kenneth

*chink*

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:08

The instrumental “World in Harmony” is a different mental landscape altogether. It operates as a calm and necessary balm to the A-side’s late night autumnal bawl as Green and Kirwan weave gentle guitar textures by a shady, mid-summer water’s edge, located somewhere between Fleetwood Mac’s similarly becalmed “Albatross” and Fleetwood Mac’s future Kirwan composition, “Dragonfly.” The mood is light, and plays peacefully upon the surface of an eddying brook until the buzzsawing background undertow in the multi-guitar middle bridge appears. The main theme of sunny-ness returns with circling molecules that recollect into the direction of the revolving sun, and all is harmonious and at peace once more.

So now you know!

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:08

I say it ROCKS nicely!

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 22:09

love that opening/ repeating run in this track

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:09

John aka Josh wrote:

let us all toast my dear friend kenneth. he luvved peyer green. he died of cancer a few years ago. we once cleared out a hotel in nashville of all minibar hooch mwhaha

Kenneth

*chink*

To Kenneth

*chink*

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 31 Jul 2020, 22:09

C wrote:The instrumental “World in Harmony” is a different mental landscape altogether. It operates as a calm and necessary balm to the A-side’s late night autumnal bawl as Green and Kirwan weave gentle guitar textures by a shady, mid-summer water’s edge, located somewhere between Fleetwood Mac’s similarly becalmed “Albatross” and Fleetwood Mac’s future Kirwan composition, “Dragonfly.” The mood is light, and plays peacefully upon the surface of an eddying brook until the buzzsawing background undertow in the multi-guitar middle bridge appears. The main theme of sunny-ness returns with circling molecules that recollect into the direction of the revolving sun, and all is harmonious and at peace once more.

A

Well done, please accept two team points!

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:09

kath wrote:love that opening/ repeating run in this track

It's lovely - full of music

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 22:10

John aka Josh wrote:
LMG wrote:Green Manalishi!

Now THIS is just sublime!

For all his soulful sensitivity, the man knew what to do with a riff.

He wrote some great songs, let us not forget Black Magic Woman & Man of the World to name but two.

Indeed!

A genuinely heartfelt *chink* to absent friends this evening.

All those who played on this album, played with those on this album, and loved or would have loved this album.

Bless you all.
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:10

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:The instrumental “World in Harmony” is a different mental landscape altogether. It operates as a calm and necessary balm to the A-side’s late night autumnal bawl as Green and Kirwan weave gentle guitar textures by a shady, mid-summer water’s edge, located somewhere between Fleetwood Mac’s similarly becalmed “Albatross” and Fleetwood Mac’s future Kirwan composition, “Dragonfly.” The mood is light, and plays peacefully upon the surface of an eddying brook until the buzzsawing background undertow in the multi-guitar middle bridge appears. The main theme of sunny-ness returns with circling molecules that recollect into the direction of the revolving sun, and all is harmonious and at peace once more.

A

Well done, please accept two team points!

:lol:

That was great folks - thanks!!

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 22:11

John aka Josh wrote:

Kenneth

*chink*

thank yew.

there was another series of entries that has not been gathered and saved on this board. i did four entries. one was mac. and there is a pic of kenneth therein hee her

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:12

HOT OFF THE PRESS:

Joker Slapp Happy

Replacement Horslips

So now we are ranking

Horslips
Genesis
Caravan

Nice one Chris- that works!

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 31 Jul 2020, 22:13

The pond by whose side I sat (bench on the right) this morning for a couple of hours, watching ducklings, a heron and dragonflies. Would have been playing some early Fleetwood Mac had I not been putting the world to rights with a socially distanced chat with a mate.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 22:14

C wrote:HOT OFF THE PRESS:

Joker Slapp Happy

Replacement Horslips

So now we are ranking

Horslips
Genesis
Caravan

Nice one Chris- that works!

:lol:
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

kath

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 22:15

what a great damn album, truly. sniffle.

a toast to peter. a toast to absent friends. a toast to kenneth. and a toast to reap, who loved this album.

my fingers hurt from texting, mhaha. i dont handle it well

love to all. have a great weekend

:: smacksmacksmack::

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 31 Jul 2020, 22:15

LMG wrote:
A genuinely heartfelt *chink* to absent friends this evening.

All those who played on this album, played with those on this album, and loved or would have loved this album.

Bless you all.

Indubitably.

*chink*

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:15

Indeed

A great album in great company

Kenneth
David Colenso
Reap
Loki

Peter
Danny

Thank you so much for the music

*Chink*
*Chink*
*Chink*
*Chink*
*Chink*
*Chink*

x

C
Robust

Postby C » 31 Jul 2020, 22:16

kath wrote::: smacksmacksmack::

To all members

x

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 31 Jul 2020, 22:18

Bye everyone - terrific evening.

See you Tuesday for a good Slapp!

- Charles Taylor

kath

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 31 Jul 2020, 23:15

John aka Josh wrote:A suitable avator for the groovy queen of the cosmos!

i'm glad you and c like the avatar. i wanted to find a replacement that worked pretty much like my last one. i don't like the ones that make yer eyes explode: ya know, fractals spinning at 127 miles per hour suckin ya into a black hole, that kinda thing. i like em when they just kinda pulsate or breeeeathe. yeah, mannnn. breeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe. you understand. like... wowwwwww.

by the way, i didn't really name myself the groovy queen of the cosmos. kinda but not really. see, shortly after i joined, i kept wonderin what my name/subtitle should be. no one was helping me in this regard. one day, as was my occasional wont, i started bitchin a blue streak at somebody. who knows who or about what. someone else responded by laughing and pointing out how bitchy i was being. so i said sumthin like, "oh, that's me, being the groovy queen of the cosmos."

then witchypoo said, "that's it. that's yer title." i guess she tipped off an admin, cuz the next thing ya know, there it was, under my avatar. mwhaha.

my fave one is still the one c gave reap: daft sod. mwhahahaha. reap luvvvvved it.

C
Robust

Re: PSL: In memoriam: Peter Green, Friday 31st July @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 01 Aug 2020, 10:45

kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote: fractals.

I love the mathematics of fractals

Return to “Yakety Yak”