Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
`

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby ` » 20 Apr 2020, 10:30

Doctors are twice as likely to commit suicide as the members of any other profession - and this was before Covid came along..

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Apr 2020, 15:14

A recent study commissioned by the Nevada Resort Association begins “Nevada relies more on tourism than Alaska does on oil, Wyoming does on coal mining or New York City does on the financial sectors; Las Vegas—the state’s largest economic center—is more dependent on tourism that Detroit is auto manufacturing, Seattle is on aerospace or Nashville is on music and entertainment.”

:shock:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Apr 2020, 16:12

Works for today. :(
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Apr 2020, 17:37

Huntsman spiders in the desert navigate their path at night by following stars.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Apr 2020, 19:14

On March 26th :

Jimbo wrote:Have you heard this? This is from the British government. It's certainly not news in Tokyo. I need to hear it in my email via Jon Rappaport. This is PROOF it's a load of horseshit, nowhere nearly as bad as we are being led - like sheep - to our impoverishment and impotence.

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/03 ... -covid-19/

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-conseq ... f-covid-19

And on last nights Panorama expose of the Govt lies throughout... the reason for the downgrading of COVID-19 (on March 19th) from an HCID was finally explained.... by downgrading the disease, the level of PPE required was also downgraded - as the disease fell into a 'lesser' category. Therefore the Govt - who have been unable to supply the correct PPE or resource adequate levels of it- used the artificial downgrading of the virus to explain why they didn't need the more robust (and vastly more expensive) PPE that the HCID category required (under WHO rules).

There you go Jimbo. Nothing to do with the disease itself. Totally to do with a cover up of this incompetent Govt's failure to provide adequate and correct PPE for NHS and care workers in the UK.
Cocaine

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 28 Apr 2020, 20:01

Diamond Dog wrote:
And on last nights Panorama expose of the Govt lies throughout... the reason for the downgrading of COVID-19 (on March 19th) from an HCID was finally explained.... by downgrading the disease, the level of PPE required was also downgraded - as the disease fell into a 'lesser' category. Therefore the Govt - who have been unable to supply the correct PPE or resource adequate levels of it- used the artificial downgrading of the virus to explain why they didn't need the more robust (and vastly more expensive) PPE that the HCID category required (under WHO rules).

There you go Jimbo. Nothing to do with the disease itself. Totally to do with a cover up of this incompetent Govt's failure to provide adequate and correct PPE for NHS and care workers in the UK.

So suddenly we all believe the BBC do we?
How convenient.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Apr 2020, 20:08

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

So suddenly we all believe the BBC do we?
How convenient.

Have you seen a rebuttal by the Govt today? Did Matt Hancock actually say this exact allegation was untrue on the briefing tonight, when asked?

Here's a clue - both answers are NO.
Cocaine

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Apr 2020, 03:21

I actually learned this a few weeks ago. This is a little record I'm fond of. It has a good groove.

I learned two things.
1. The b-side is "I'm Slowly Molding"
2. The record is going for $1,300 on discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/Cody-Black-Keep ... er/1184473
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 May 2020, 18:02

That John Coan is a female impersonator. :lol:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 02 May 2020, 18:33

Flower wrote:That John Coan is a female impersonator. :lol:

Joan Cans?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 May 2020, 18:39

souphound wrote:
Flower wrote:That John Coan is a female impersonator. :lol:

Joan Cans?

That works but Joan Cohn would be the perfect anagram. :)

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 03 May 2020, 18:54

Very true. I wonder what her kitchen would look like. :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 May 2020, 14:15

I didn't know that Alligators could live that long or had their own Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_(alligator)

Saturn (1936 – 23 May 2020) was an American alligator residing in the Moscow Zoo. He is most notable as the subject of an urban myth that he was previously Adolf Hitler's "pet alligator".

Born in the state of Mississippi, United States, Saturn was soon brought to Germany, residing at the Berlin Zoological Garden. It was here that his association with Adolf Hitler originated, as Hitler reportedly enjoyed visiting the zoo and especially liked the alligator. However, while Hitler may have viewed Saturn at the zoo, he was never Hitler's personal pet. During World War II, the Berlin Zoo was destroyed, but Saturn was discovered by British soldiers, who then gave the alligator to the Soviets in 1946. He lived at the Moscow Zoo until 23 May 2020, when he died of old age.[1] He was one of the zoo's most famous and popular attractions.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 May 2020, 16:22

‘Laughter’ is just ‘slaughter’ without an ‘s’!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 May 2020, 17:10

That one of my staff didn't understand why I turned virtually white when she explained she had mixed bleach with another household cleaner..... and choked violently from the gas....
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 May 2020, 17:30

Diamond Dog wrote:That one of my staff didn't understand why I turned virtually white when she explained she had mixed bleach with another household cleaner..... and choked violently from the gas....

A the pizzeria I mixed bleach with ammonia to make a super cleaner and nearly choked to death. Luckily the floor had a built-in drain and I kicked the bucket over to get rid of the boiling and steaming mess.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 May 2020, 18:34

Produces chloramine, I believe. It will fucking kill you in a confined space.
Cocaine

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 26 May 2020, 19:46

Memorial Day started as Decoration Day to honor the dead of the Civil War. There are at least 25 different versions of its origin.

One interesting one I read this weekend (which sounds plausible and a story I'd LIKE to believe but is probably unverifiable) is that it was started by families of slaves to thank fallen Union soldiers for giving their lives for their freedom.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2020, 03:50

I learned/realized that there is not a chef on this planet who could make something as delicious as a grapefruit.
Question authority.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 31 May 2020, 00:09

I learnt that Amanda Lear, '70s model (that's her walking with a panther on the cover of For Your Pleasure) turned disco singer, was the inspiration for the Stones song "Miss Amanda Jones" (on Between The Buttons).

Return to “Nextdoorland”