MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby doctorlouie » 15 Apr 2020, 13:48

Still Baron wrote:
doctorlouie wrote:Rejoined this place... Carlsson asked me to. Which was nice.

Welcome back!

Cheers. And thanks for the Commie postcard. Arrived today.

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Apr 2020, 16:42

Last night I performed in my neighbor's driveway (acoustic guitar/vocals). She is having a particular tough time as she's very social and she has a few underlying medical issues that puts her more at risk so she's pretty scared. Another neighbor came out as well so I had three ladies for an audience and later four. We were sitting six feet apart of course to keep our distance. In fact one of the songs I played was Keep Your Distance by Richard Thompson. :) The sun was going down, it was probably 70 degrees (F), a beautiful evening for a little diversion for Nancy.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 15 Apr 2020, 17:45

That's so sweet.
Bleep wrote:I agree with Beebsy

Copehead wrote:Small but beautifully formed Irish contingent

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Apr 2020, 14:51

doctorlouie wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
doctorlouie wrote:Rejoined this place... Carlsson asked me to. Which was nice.

Welcome back!

Cheers. And thanks for the Commie postcard. Arrived today.

I thought that airmail would be totally slowed right now, but those cards were sent really only a few days ago. I have sent stuff to you before that hasn't got there for what seems like weeks. Stuff I have sent Beebsy seems to operate in a time zone unlike anything I have ever known!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 18 Apr 2020, 15:43

I never get anything on time! I don't know why. No such thing as one day delivery here either.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 18 Apr 2020, 15:43

doctorlouie wrote:Matt Lucas just followed me on Twitter after some interaction involving Gideon Coe and our childhoods... (that is, mine and Gideon's).

I love this! No word from Gideon? Have you spoken to him since?

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 18 Apr 2020, 16:37

Stop the bus! Just got an email back from Gideon Coe to say you were in touch a few years ago "which was most welcome". Awh that's so lovely ❤️

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Apr 2020, 18:53

This fake song title popped into my head.

The Days Are Made for Workin' and The Nights Are Made for ______.
a. Food
b. Eatin'
c. Cold Pizza
d. Lovin'
Question authority.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 20 Apr 2020, 11:25

Beebsy wrote:
doctorlouie wrote:Matt Lucas just followed me on Twitter after some interaction involving Gideon Coe and our childhoods... (that is, mine and Gideon's).

I love this! No word from Gideon? Have you spoken to him since?

No. I haven't spoken to him since a party to mark the end of recording a season of WDY in about 1978(?). I don't listen to the radio and didn't realise that one of us had gone on to be a DJ. I was dimly aware of Gideon Coe, but hadn't made the connection. He follows me on twitter, but we don't interact much.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Apr 2020, 06:37

Birthdays

Congratulations to: toomanypillowz (55), Apollo's Frock (52), Richardhari (44), Raymondcut (40), cimainsaria (38), Polinauyx (37), VolodyaRaw (34), Svetikbaply (32), Genkabaply (32), Marinabaply (32), Malinabaply (32), ValenlAtmot (32), Uriybaply (32), Gregorbaply (32)

:lol:
Question authority.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Apr 2020, 16:59

I woke up at 4am this morning and these three thoughts were whizzing round my head:

1. Surely it’s time for school curriculums to include very basic infection control information. I mean the sort of things that you learn outside of basic science subjects - things like what a vector is, modes of transmission, why gloves aren’t worth a shit of you don’t change them, that sort of thing. These sort of things are not difficult to learn and a basic grounding in them would really help people’s understanding of disease spread in the future at an early stage.

2. I wondered if more people will go into healthcare professions on the back of this. Or, less.

3. I wondered why more people are not interested in shaving their heads so that they can see what the skin on their head looks like, just the once.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 23 Apr 2020, 13:55

I'd love to shave my head but I'm a coward so instead j just dyed my hair purple.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 23 Apr 2020, 13:55

I posted a thread over in the other place that I never go near.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Apr 2020, 15:15

During a YouTube trawl the other night I stumbled across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqGe4V9obE8

which we watched last night. I can't get enough of researching Estonian heritage stuff and was really looking forward to it. Nothing prepared me for the poignancy and intimacy of this beautiful documentary which touched on so many aspects of the experience of those who flee war - and this documentary in particular mirrored my mother's experience in so many ways. Not only was the subject of this probably on my Mum's ship, I knew a few of the British people involved in it. It's only about 46 minutes long and I urge you to watch, but be prepared for tears.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2020, 20:41

Some guy without a shirt on just cycled past our house with a stereo system on the back pumping out Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Apr 2020, 20:51

Last night around twilight there was a Good Humor ice cream truck stopped on the street in front of my house for ten minutes, with its "bells" going the whole time. Weird, as I don't think there are any kids on this stretch of my (dead end) street. There were some trees between me and the truck so I couldn't quite see what was going on; at one point I thought maybe he had been pressed into service delivering groceries, but... ten minutes??

I can tell you that his "bells" were playing the most insane non-stop medley of melodies - LOTS of xmas tunes, plus "Dixie", "Waltzing Matilda", "My Darling Clementine", "Rhythm Of The Rain", "Love Is Blue", and many many more! (And if you order now, you'll also receive...)

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Apr 2020, 21:04

Charlie O. wrote:Last night around twilight there was a Good Humor ice cream truck stopped on the street in front of my house for ten minutes, with its "bells" going the whole time. Weird, as I don't think there are any kids on this stretch of my (dead end) street. There were some trees between me and the truck so I couldn't quite see what was going on; at one point I thought maybe he had been pressed into service delivering groceries, but... ten minutes??

I can tell you that his "bells" were playing the most insane non-stop medley of melodies - LOTS of xmas tunes, plus "Dixie", "Waltzing Matilda", "My Darling Clementine", "Rhythm Of The Rain", "Love Is Blue", and many many more! (And if you order now, you'll also receive...)

Send him to me. Our freezer is packed with grown up food. I want ice cream. :) :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 29 Apr 2020, 21:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:Some guy without a shirt on just cycled past our house with a stereo system on the back pumping out Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’

I hope you shot the fucker.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2020, 21:23

Even better - I wagged my finger at him through the window!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Apr 2020, 22:01

Two nights ago while lying in bed with a WNW wind blowing in my bedroom window I noticed I could smell Dixon (a small town west of me). Not the town itself though but the fields surrounding the town. When I would drive home from San Francisco after a night of music I could always tell whe I approached the Dixon area. It's a small town on I-80 surrounded by fields of busy farmland so it always smells like vegetation which I always thought of as a nondescript smell until it entered my bedroom window the other night. It must be the cleaner air due to decreased traffic as I can't remember smelling Dixon unless I was actually there.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”