MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 27 Feb 2020, 14:27

This was the other night and I noticed how the door to the toilet has a small window near the top. It's there to allow a person to see how if the light is on the toilet is occupied. I mean I always knew the room had a window but seeing it the other night set off a bell in my head. The idea I got wasn't original but I had always thought it was a funny idea like the monkey picture I keep in my wallet. I ask strangers if they want to see a picture of my son and show them the monkey picture. It's not original but I've gotten a lot of laughs from it. So, noticing the window I went online and Googled "scary faces" and the face I chose was this one.

I printed out the picture and then pressed the paper face into the small window so it looks like this guy is staring out the window. Funny, right? Well, I hadn't expected such a quick response but almost as soon as I got the picture to stay in the window frame the door flew open and my wife was livid. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Was it scary?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's scary. What the hell makes you want to do something like this?"

"Because it's funny?"

But she was so not amused I immediately took the picture down.

But it looked really spooky, like there really was a stranger in our toilet. 8-)
Question authority.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Feb 2020, 16:01

I was sent flowers in a box in the post this morning unexpectedly.
I had no idea what they'd turn out like quality wise with transit but they were very pretty and smelt gorgeous. Blue hyacinths, golden rod, white roses, yellow daffodils and white tulips.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Feb 2020, 18:58

I stopped at my local hardware store to get some floor cleaner and they had a sign on the door that they are sold out of N95 face masks. Let the panic begin!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 28 Feb 2020, 04:15

Here’s something about the changes in the criminal justice system in Houston. It was pretty good!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct05 ... 2z-9NEgfCU
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 28 Feb 2020, 05:29

Six String wrote:I stopped at my local hardware store to get some floor cleaner and they had a sign on the door that they are sold out of N95 face masks. Let the panic begin!

If it's anything like Hong Kong then today it'll be facemasks, tomorrow rice and the next day toilet rolls! Stock up on those toilet roll NOW before it's too late.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 Mar 2020, 21:28

trans-chigley express wrote:If it's anything like Hong Kong then today it'll be facemasks, tomorrow rice and the next day toilet rolls! Stock up on those toilet roll NOW before it's too late.

I went to the supermarket earlier for cat treats and noticed that the shelves were practically bare of toilet paper. No worries for me as I always hoard toilet paper. I doubt if there are any face masks around anywhere.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Mar 2020, 15:39

Last night at karaoke i did Stop In The Name Of Love with two male and two female backup singers. Actually we shared in the leads and sang it all together. It was fun, fun, fun.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Mar 2020, 16:33

Six String wrote:Last night at karaoke i did Stop In The Name Of Love with two male and two female backup singers. Actually we shared in the leads and sang it all together. It was fun, fun, fun.

Pics please!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 05 Mar 2020, 16:38

Made soup
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Mar 2020, 16:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:Last night at karaoke i did Stop In The Name Of Love with two male and two female backup singers. Actually we shared in the leads and sang it all together. It was fun, fun, fun.

Pics please!

If someone took one I'll post but I was too busy commandeering the mic to notice if anyone did. It's quite possible. We had the dance moves and everything and of course we sang with gusto!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Mar 2020, 06:09

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Pics please!

I learned tonight the manager of the cider room recorded it but the copy sent to me by a coworker was empty so I'll have Sara send it to me asap. Stay tuned!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Mar 2020, 17:39

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

Pics please!

I learned tonight the manager of the cider room recorded it but the copy sent to me by a coworker was empty so I'll have Sara send it to me asap. Stay tuned!

Get yon lass to text it to me!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Mar 2020, 21:03

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Pics please!

Get yon lass to text it to me!

I will. She's do to arrive in an hour or so. It plays on her phone but not on my iPad. I don't know if I need an app I don't have or something else. Sound is poor but the fun is rich.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Mar 2020, 16:22

I must be some sort of a freak as I was just about the only one at the supermarket not purchasing toilet paper or Lysol of any kind. :D

*Since I make most purchases when items go on sale, there is rarely a need to buy into panic buying as my shelves are full.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Mar 2020, 04:33

Karaoke tonight was Ode To Billy Jo and Last Train To Clarksville.
That is all.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 14 Mar 2020, 12:10

I like my neighbourhood -

Corona virus - community support

Ayca - Mar 14 - #11344

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry about coming up with an email like this but I wonder how can we support our community, elderly people or anyone who may get ill or need to stay in quarantine because of corona virus?

When/if people gets ill , they won’t be able to go to shops, pharmacies or maybe cook. Elderly people maybe at risk already. Is Furzedown project organising anything for them? Also I wonder if we organise a volunteering group for the community to raise the awareness about helping out neighbours?

Any thoughts?

Best, Ayca

Note: I can technically post an URL link to the thread to show the numerous stream of posts with generous responses, offers of help and advice - it's quite overwhelming & heartwarming - but I can't as there's too much personal info on there - Tel Nos, E mail addresses, full names, yada yada
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 14 Mar 2020, 19:20

What a relief, Count x - saw your post rather late
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Mar 2020, 16:04

I went to a jam session with some newish friends last night and at the end of the night the guitarist asked me to play at his gig at Two Rivers in April. 8-)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 15 Mar 2020, 18:20

made more soup
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 Mar 2020, 20:12

School is canceled for the next two weeks, so are church services, sports, etc. Sitting here listening to Chris Squire's Fish out of Water in 5.1 (been on a surround sound kick lately) and thinking about taking a walk for a bit of exercise. Methinks the next few weeks will be dull, frankly.

Return to “Nextdoorland”