Brazil comps by Aloysius

Do talk back
billy
A pound

Brazil comps by Aloysius

Postby billy » 08 Feb 2020, 11:28

He was a nice guy -- from Manchester, I think

Does anyone have the disks -- all I seem to have now is the printed notes .... *glum emoticon*

mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: Brazil comps by Aloysius

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Feb 2020, 13:18

I let a friend borrow mine and he’s never found them. I, too, have lived in hope that these things would turn up again.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 08 Feb 2020, 18:57

Still Baron wrote:I let a friend borrow mine and he’s never found them. I, too, have lived in hope that these things would turn up again.

The more I think about it, much of my life revolves around waiting for things to turn up. This is a sad realisation :?
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Feb 2020, 10:25

I too no longer have them. They were such a treasure trove, with albums that are next to impossible to get, and all we had to do was look after them.. :(

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 12 Feb 2020, 01:35

The Jorge Ben albums have all been reissued on CD is the last couple of years.

Also the Arthur Verocai - who is touring Europe this summer I believe – the Brazilian David Axelrod!

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 12 Feb 2020, 08:47

The Modernist wrote:I too no longer have them. They were such a treasure trove, with albums that are next to impossible to get, and all we had to do was look after them.. :(

Isn't this just the case with most things. The things we once treated as trivial toys nearly always often end up being the subject of regret. Pets, partners, friends ... and CDRs :shock: :D

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 12 Feb 2020, 08:49

echolalia wrote:The Jorge Ben albums have all been reissued on CD is the last couple of years.

Also the Arthur Verocai - who is touring Europe this summer I believe – the Brazilian David Axelrod!

One of my fave finds from this was Tom Ze. Alas, no more. I shall say a prayer in his absence ;)

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 12 Feb 2020, 11:56

I think it would be possible to rebuild the set from the list in the pic.

I’ll give it a go.
Give a shit or be a shit.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 12 Feb 2020, 21:11

I've located the first 11 albums on the list.
More to come.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 12 Feb 2020, 21:36

Hellfire!

Modernist is right, of course. The ridiculous thing is that I have boxes full of cd-r’s, but not those three. :oops:

To my credit, I did lend them out. :?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 13 Feb 2020, 09:10

Tom Waits For No One wrote:I've located the first 11 albums on the list.
More to come.

You have access to all of these? This is amazing. I am only experienced in rooting through old cardboard boxes

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 13 Feb 2020, 09:11

Still Baron wrote:Modernist is right, of course. The ridiculous thing is that I have boxes full of cd-r’s, but not those three. :oops:

This is me too. I was having a tidy and attempting to consolidate some of these things, when I found the notes but not the disks. I am still holding out hope as these things eventually have a tendency to resurface

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 13 Feb 2020, 10:43

The first CD is now reconstructed.
PM me if you want a copy.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 13 Feb 2020, 11:26

Tom Waits For No One wrote:The first CD is now reconstructed.

You're amazing.
Bugger off.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 12 Mar 2020, 01:01

Tom Waits For No One wrote:The first CD is now reconstructed.

oh christ (just seen this), you are a master :D

Return to “Yakety Yak”