MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 26 Jan 2020, 17:03

Flower wrote:I hope that all goes well with Rebecca and that it's something minor with her vision that is a quick fix.

Thanks. She's had issues with her right eye since she was a child so losing any vision in her left eye could be bad.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2020, 12:53

My wife and I are watching TV and there was this bit about a woman from Bulgaria. My wife asked, "Isn't your friend Manya from Bulgaria?" I said no, Manya is from Hungary. And with her Japanese tongue in her Japanese cheek my wife said, "Bulgaria, Hungary. Same thing."
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Jan 2020, 19:46

Rebecca's eye exam was good. No retina issues. We celebrated with a nice dinner at home. I tried replicating a kale salad we had at a restaurant in Marfa, Tx while on our road trip. The dressing was a Dijon vinaigrette with a little maple syrup in it. I had to substitue the red currants with dried blueberries and I rhink it had some type of nut in it too so used some toasted pecans from my Mom's tree. It was a successful attempt imo and the ribeye steak helped balance out the healthy veg. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 27 Jan 2020, 20:42

Great news, SS!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Jan 2020, 22:56

I agree, great news for Rebecca and yourself. AND .. Rebecca gets to eat your fabulous meal. You could open a Boutique Cafe for Fussy Eaters, :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 Jan 2020, 18:07

While cleaning up the patio of the last leaves from the sycamores I got buzzed by a hummingbird. My feeder was empty and dirty from the winter months so I guess he was trying to say he was back and it was time to clean it up. As I always follow their orders I did just that. the bar is now open.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Jan 2020, 06:01

Tonight's karaoke challenge was The Animals Don't Bring Me Down followed by Steppenwolf''s Born To Be Wild, the latter getting a robust response to the chorus.

I ended up playing some improvised music on piano with a dare I say it band member. Fun!

This was in a back room away feom karaoke to be fair.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Jan 2020, 15:53

Wandering about I happened upon this Turkish goods shop with a pile of lovely kilim covered pillows in the window and thought a pillow would be a nice gift for my wife whose birthday is today. I entered and it really is a nice place just like one of many you'd see in the big Istanbul suk. The clerk/owner was not Japanese. He told me he was from Istanbul. I asked him how much for a pillow and he told me 4,500 yen. That was more than I had in my wallet and so I thanked him and turned to leave when he said "3,500 yen." I said back to him, "3000 yen." He said okay and I paid him. It was a funny situation because bargaining just doesn't happen in Japan. I hadn't bargained since I bought a hippie shirt in Jerusalem's old city but being a real Turkish business person in a real Turkish goods shop of course bargaining is the way business is done. It was fun.
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Feb 2020, 17:37

Another late night jam session last night. Got home somewhere near midnight. Fun times.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 03 Feb 2020, 00:19

The Wee Man was 15 today, he's now taller than me by a fair bit. A name change might be required.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Feb 2020, 17:57

This is the busiest weekend I've had in a while. Live music Friday (Americana), Saturday (Neo Soul) and Sunday (Jazz) plus hung out at friend's shop to watch him blow glass for the crowds and after the music Sunday we're opening a bottle of vintage port from 1985 with a new recipe of chocolate cookies called Deep Desire to go with them. Hope I survive. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Feb 2020, 22:42

Six String wrote:This is the busiest weekend I've had in a while. Live music Friday (Americana), Saturday (Neo Soul) and Sunday (Jazz) plus hung out at friend's shop to watch him blow glass for the crowds and after the music Sunday we're opening a bottle of vintage port from 1985 with a new recipe of chocolate cookies called Deep Desire to go with them. Hope I survive. :)

Splendid!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Feb 2020, 22:49

I finally got round to trying to deal with the thick layer of Texas Oak leaves that has been covering all our plants and soil since they fell. The unusually warm February has been playing havoc with decisions of whether or not to cut back plants yet and I am normally an advocate of letting leaves mulch into compost, except these don't. They may provide a layer of insulation to things scuttling around underneath but when I moved a few, there were plants trying to grow that had been bent double under the weight of them so I just decided to get rid of them with the exception of some left round the plant bases. All sorts of incredible tiny cacti have popped up since last year and there were loads of amazing orange, black and white millipedes that I left untouched to carry on their multicoloured lives.

On an unrelated note I have been trying to work out how I can find out how to "locate" a lost film, as my Grandad was in one of Estonia's first. It is categorised as 'lost" although they have all the photos from the film shoot and I am trying to work out how they have copies of pictures on set, but not the film. Obviously a fuck shit load of things happened in Estonia from 1924 onwards but it is driving me mad thinking someone might have this in their attic and have no idea. Also, would they have only had one copy? There are existing films from both before and after this date and I want to see the bloody thing!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 10 Feb 2020, 15:42

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Feb 2020, 17:35

Minnie the Minx wrote:I finally got round to trying to deal with the thick layer of Texas Oak leaves that has been covering all our plants and soil since they fell. The unusually warm February has been playing havoc with decisions of whether or not to cut back plants yet and I am normally an advocate of letting leaves mulch into compost, except these don't. They may provide a layer of insulation to things scuttling around underneath but when I moved a few, there were plants trying to grow that had been bent double under the weight of them so I just decided to get rid of them with the exception of some left round the plant bases. All sorts of incredible tiny cacti have popped up since last year and there were loads of amazing orange, black and white millipedes that I left untouched to carry on their multicoloured lives.

On an unrelated note I have been trying to work out how I can find out how to "locate" a lost film, as my Grandad was in one of Estonia's first. It is categorised as 'lost" although they have all the photos from the film shoot and I am trying to work out how they have copies of pictures on set, but not the film. Obviously a fuck shit load of things happened in Estonia from 1924 onwards but it is driving me mad thinking someone might have this in their attic and have no idea. Also, would they have only had one copy? There are existing films from both before and after this date and I want to see the bloody thing!

I would leave the leafs and/or contact someone at your local garden center or horticultural society.

Start here with the film search .. in any case these people might know people who can find the film. Good luck!

https://www.filmi.ee/en/movies/estonian-film-history

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Feb 2020, 17:37

YAY on the first point. A big BOO on the second. I hope that the photographer is safe and can stay safe.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 10 Feb 2020, 19:16

Flower wrote:

YAY on the first point. A big BOO on the second. I hope that the photographer is safe and can stay safe.

we are getting up dates but not looking good bad people are looking for him in Yemen. Luckily lots are working to get him back.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Feb 2020, 00:24

Awful news Hightea. Amother reason to hate the Trumpster Dumpster. :twisted:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Feb 2020, 11:31

Thinking about this poor photographer .. sending prayers for his safety and for others in this type of situation. So sad. :(

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Feb 2020, 18:16

An unplanned jam session last night worked out really well. It started with just me and a friend in the space at Two Rivers Cider where we have a piano at our disposal. I brought a new Alejandro Escovedo song (It's About This Love) I have been working on by myself and Jeff played piano instead of guitar or banjo and it worked beautifully. His solo almost made me cry. Another friend showed up later and we knocked out some more good tunes.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”