Fleabag

..and why not?
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Fleabag

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Nov 2019, 02:16

I've just got round to watching the second series having loved the first when it came out. I wasn't sure what direction the second series could go in after the glorious, overwhelming fireworks of the first but my oh my.

I'm reluctant to name specifics as I can't remember how to do the spoiler thing but there is a scene in series 2 so thrillingly sexy that I dropped my soup spoon into my bowl with a splash! fucking hell! But aside from all that malarky - everything is spot on. The casting, the acting - absolutely everybody is pitch perfect - and Phoebe truly is gripping to watch. She has a kind of emotional translucence about her - you feel she should be bubbling over with things that are tangible and yet part of her is very fragile and almost uninvolved with herself. I find myself hoping there won't be a season 3 - I would genuinely hate to see this series do any kind of shark jumping. Anyone else been watching?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Re: Fleabag

Postby ChrisB » 26 Nov 2019, 15:52

It is magnificent. The writing, the acting, the comedy, the "Oh my God" moments, everything is spot on. Unlikely there will be a season 3, but, who knows

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Nov 2019, 16:25

AT LAST

Great innit?
I mean - just everyone is PERFECT.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 26 Nov 2019, 18:19

Phoebe has become a national treasure. Fleabag, Killing Eve, co writing the script for the new Bond ... She even recreated the original Fleabag monologues on stage in London, and it was broadcast live to many cinemas

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 15 Jan 2020, 13:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:Great innit?
I mean - just everyone is PERFECT.

I just binge-watched most of it recently. I'd started it a couple of months ago but stopped watching after two episodes because I didn't like the main character. Not sure why I started again but then it all fell into place and I loved it.

However!

I don't think everyone is perfect.

The hot priest. I didn't believe in his character. It may be that I've been twisted by my catholic upbringing but I just couldn't believe in a priest behaving like that.
Bugger off.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Jan 2020, 18:23

Rorschach wrote:I don't think everyone is perfect.

The hot priest. I didn't believe in his character. It may be that I've been twisted by my catholic upbringing but I just couldn't believe in a priest behaving like that.

Yep. Fancying adult females? Pull the other one.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 16 Jan 2020, 10:39

Rayge wrote:
Yep. Fancying adult females? Pull the other one.

You know, I went through the whole catholic system: church, choir, schools etc. and never even heard of anyone suffering 'inappropriate behaviour' from a priest. In fact, the deputy head of my 6th form college (a Marist) had to leave because he fell in love with his brother's ex-wife!
So, while I never doubted the stories that started to emerge when they did (priesthood is a logical career for a paedophile, after all.) I always assumed it wasn't happening in Middlesbrough.
However, my elder brother recently informed me that he's been in touch with some old school friends and other ex-catholics and a darker story has emerged of specific types of boys being targeted: ones lacking in social confidence who would be unlikely to tell people.
Now, I can't help thinking about some of the kids I knew and wondering...
Bugger off.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 16 Jan 2020, 20:36

They just didn't fancy you
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 16 Jan 2020, 20:38

I was lucky enough to have caught PWB in a play she did before Fleabag.
She was so good that we went back and saw Fleabag when it first appeared.
I liked the series but somehow it was more 3 dimensional than I wanted it to be.
On stage it was just her, and I rather liked it that way.

(actually I just looked back at the reviews and The One was after Fleabag - so it was Fleabag we saw first)

(nope - we did see The One first - Fleabag had a second run there just after The One)
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 17 Jan 2020, 05:55

The Slider wrote:I was lucky enough to have caught PWB in a play she did before Fleabag.
She was so good that we went back and saw Fleabag when it first appeared.
I liked the series but somehow it was more 3 dimensional than I wanted it to be.
On stage it was just her, and I rather liked it that way.

(actually I just looked back at the reviews and The One was after Fleabag - so it was Fleabag we saw first)

(nope - we did see The One first - Fleabag had a second run there just after The One)

If you can remember the 2010s you weren't really there.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 17 Jan 2020, 08:18

The Slider wrote:They just didn't fancy you

Story of my life. Thank god for pity-fucks.
Bugger off.

Return to “Screenadelica”