Megxit

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Re: Megxit

Postby Samoan » 13 Jan 2020, 12:47

Does nobody think there's the Hint of the Hustle* about her ?

Just throwing that out there for consideration.

(*that might make a good name for a marketable fragrance..)
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 13 Jan 2020, 12:54

That's the unfortunate narrative isnt it. And it is inevitable.

"She's been divorced and she's American"

"She's mixed race so anyone who criticises her is a massive racist"

Personally I've got no qualms about what they do. But I do think they should have given it a longer time frame in which to go about it. It's understandable because they have a very young son and that sense of permanence and settlement is extremely important. On the other hand, deep down both of them must know that this is no ordinary marriage and no ordinary family.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Jan 2020, 12:56

KeithPratt wrote:It all started when they started banging on about climate change and became overtly political.

Absolute cobblers.

Charles has been banging his own particular drums for decades (architecture, environment, organic farming etc), no more or less political really.

To answer Minnie's question. why I think the media is particularly arsed about Megan Markle - it is because she is:

American
Black
A holywwod celeb

in no particular order - I suspect different ones rankle different people.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Jan 2020, 13:11

KeithPratt wrote:That's the unfortunate narrative isnt it. And it is inevitable.

"She's been divorced and she's American"

"She's mixed race so anyone who criticises her is a massive racist"

A narrative that one of course creates for oneself, in the same way that anyone who is anti-zionist suddenly becomes an anti-semite, if that's how you chose to see the world.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Jan 2020, 13:13

Deebank wrote:
KeithPratt wrote:
It all started when they started banging on about climate change and became overtly political.

Absolute cobblers.

Charles has been banging his own particular drums for decades (architecture, environment, organic farming etc), no more or less political really.

And of course the press and public give Chazza such an easy ride over his talking to plants, his footman's having to cook him something like 15 eggs for breakfast each morning and his pathetic need to pack his own toilet seat whenever he visits friends houses.

Deebank wrote:
To answer Minnie's question. why I think the media is particularly arsed about Megan Markle - it is because she is:

American
Black
A holywwod celeb

in no particular order - I suspect different ones rankle different people.

In addition to all of the moans outlined above, some would argue it's more a case of her coming across as a cold and calculating person who has a habit of dumping people once they've outlived their usefulness.

One only has to look at the sad sight of Ginge hassling the Disney big wig to give Winge some Voice Over work to see who wears the provebial trousers in that soon-to-be-ex-Royal Household.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Jan 2020, 15:24

KeithPratt wrote:It all started when they started banging on about climate change and became overtly political.

The Royals don't do politics. That's not their job. They are public servants who carry out roles - but not political ones.

And not relevant ones for the 21st century either. If they want to have any relevance at all, then they're going to have to do more than cut ribbons.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Jan 2020, 16:21

What will Sussex do without a duke?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Jan 2020, 18:25

harvey k-tel wrote:What will Sussex do without a duke?

Which one? :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Jan 2020, 18:29

Which one is he the duke of?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 Jan 2020, 18:35

I think Deebank means that there are 2 English counties, East Sussex and West Sussex.

Sussex is now an imaginary fantasy place, (officially an historic county) - and How!
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Jan 2020, 19:04

harvey k-tel wrote:Which one is he the duke of?

Good question!

I have lived in both and was never aware of being in a duchy.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Jan 2020, 19:06

"I won't bail out Fergie!"
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 13 Jan 2020, 19:12

Dp

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Jan 2020, 19:27

Greta Thumberg wrote:I think Deebank means that there are 2 English counties, East Sussex and West Sussex.

Sussex is now an imaginary fantasy place, (officially an historic county) - and How!

Thank you for Samoansplaining.

;)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 14 Jan 2020, 12:28

Oh, dear, despite all their high-performing (and one imagines highly paid support staff) as of last Thursday, Ginge and Whinge still hadn't appplied to trademark Sussex Royal in the US. Now someone else has nipped in and looks like having beaten them to it.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 17 Jan 2020, 20:59

I can appreciate that if they want out, they need to get all the way out including giving the money back. I gave been kind of shocked looking at the a/b of how they are being covered. The weirdest was one that said Megan's wedding bouquet could have killed her bridesmaids because it had Lily of the valley in it. Granted, I know the deadly potential of that flower because I watch Breaking Bad. But the same flower was in Kate's bouquet too and no one went to the hospital.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Jan 2020, 03:42

bobzilla77 wrote:I'm not sure I totally comprehend what's going on here. Im aware the right wing press don't like her. In that case, shouldn't they be pleased Meg and Harry
are getting out of the crown game? Were those people just assholes who were going to bag on her no matter what they did?

I find it hard to summon any feelings at all about English royals. But I kind of like it that someone is turning their back on the idea without their hand bring forced by scandal.

Haven't even bothered to read the thread & am barely conversant on the subject, but I think there's an inherent scandal in her being a person of color (somehow) in the first place.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Jan 2020, 06:38

On the treadmill today I determined that if we get a dog and it's a female we'll call her Duchess and if it's male he's gotta be Duke.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Jan 2020, 14:21

The hard Megxit

If you have the audacity to try to hustle Queen Elizabeth II, it's not going to work - she's seen it and been through it all before in one way or another

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/18/harry-meghan-buckingham-palace-deal-analysis

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/19/hard-megxit-uk-papers-revel-in-harry-and-meghans-royal-dismissal

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 19 Jan 2020, 16:12

Off with their heads. Grasping parasitic cunts.
You don't like me...do you?