MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 07 Dec 2019, 20:19

I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.

Flower

Postby Flower » 07 Dec 2019, 21:32

Six String wrote:I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.

I am always super impressed by men who cook. After I left my first husband, I swore that I would only date or marry men who cooked. I stuck with this for a long time but now I'm stuck cooking again. :D

Your wife in a lucky woman. I enjoy reading about your cooking skills and explorations.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Dec 2019, 22:15

Flower wrote:
Six String wrote:I'm going to make a bean soup today along with some chochoyotes (masa dumplngs) that I saw on a cooking show last week. The dumplings have queso fresco, cilantro and mint mixed into them and then they are cooked in the puréed soup.

I am always super impressed by men who cook. After I left my first husband, I swore that I would only date or marry men who cooked. I stuck with this for a long time but now I'm stuck cooking again. :D

Your wife in a lucky woman. I enjoy reading about your cooking skills and explorations.

I love to cook. I can thank an old gf from forty years ago for setting me on this path. I prefer eating at home to going out for food as it is more relaxing and my body feels better afterwards with less salt, sugar, fat, etc. It's a dark, stormy day so a perfect day to stay indoors and make soup. The mess in the kitchen is always worth it.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Dec 2019, 03:21

Soup was a success. The cilantro/mint in the dumplings added a brightness to the soup I really liked. A new winter soup recipe I think.

I drank an old red burgundy with it and thought it might be too old for the soup flavors but it complimented them well.

Flower

Postby Flower » 08 Dec 2019, 12:34

Six String wrote:Soup was a success. The cilantro/mint in the dumplings added a brightness to the soup I really liked. A new winter soup recipe I think.

I drank an old red burgundy with it and thought it might be too old for the soup flavors but it complimented them well.

:D

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Dec 2019, 03:32

I went to a jam session today that had a bass player (acoustic/stand up) who toured with Wayne Hancock (old school country dude) and he was really good. Made my day. We did a bunch of Johnny Cash tunes amongst other. I pulled off a couple of leads on slide guitar that I was happy about and got complimented by a few people so I left with my head held high. My retired lfe seems to revolve around cooking, eating, music and of course drinking. :D Things could be worse......

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2019, 13:40

Came upon this Timothy Leary quote today.
“Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the ‘normal people’ as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like ‘Have a nice day’ and ‘Weather’s awful today, eh?’, you yearn inside to say forbidden things like ‘Tell me something that makes you cry’ or ‘What do you think deja vu is for?’. Face it, you even want to talk to that girl in the elevator. But what if that girl in the elevator (and the balding man who walks past your cubicle at work) are thinking the same thing? Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger? Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.”

Hellooo???
Civilization can never be taken for granted. Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2019, 14:22

Always gobsmacked by China's progress I read this in the American Conservative site

Last month ... a mammoth Chinese cargo train arrived in Turkey en route to the heart of Europe. It will be remembered as the first freight train to pass from China across central Asia and under the Bosphorus Strait, using the Marmaray tunnel as part of China’s historic Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ton-dozes/
Civilization can never be taken for granted. Thierry Meyssan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Dec 2019, 16:27

Bowie: why so sad, Bing?
Bing: My inflatable butt has gone flat!
Bowie: you need my rubber bum pump?
Bing: Rubber bum pump?
Bowie: Rubber bum pump.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Dec 2019, 16:57

:lol:

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Dec 2019, 11:39

A noise or something woke me at 2 AM and I haven't been able to get back to sleep. :x

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Dec 2019, 21:51

We’ve got new neighbours. One of them has the same name as my cat, which probably confused them totally over the weekend as I implored him loudly to come in at 9pm.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Dec 2019, 22:07

Count Machuki wrote:It's a big secret but I might have a promotion coming, too, so go me.

Starts Tuesday...I might be able to keep The Girl in her fancy Montessori school for another year! :D
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Dec 2019, 22:09

Count Machuki wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:It's a big secret but I might have a promotion coming, too, so go me.

Starts Tuesday...I might be able to keep The Girl in her fancy Montessori school for another year! :D

Excellent news Count.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Dec 2019, 22:29

Count Machuki wrote:

Fantastic!
The latest pics of her are something else. What a cherub.

Dr Markus wrote:

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 Dec 2019, 23:27

Nice work, Count!
Get back to work!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Dec 2019, 11:55

Computer issues this morning ... :(

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Dec 2019, 09:27

Look at me coming home at 1 a.m. from a jam session at a friend's house. I can't remember the last time THAT happened. :D
Playing music is my heroin.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Dec 2019, 15:17

Six String wrote:Look at me coming home at 1 a.m. from a jam session at a friend's house. I can't remember the last time THAT happened. :D
Playing music is my heroin.

:P

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Dec 2019, 15:18

We were at T- Berry’s Xmas party on Saturday. I wish y’all could have seen him dressed as a reindeer.

Dr Markus wrote: