in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 05:21

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote: Meanwhile my sources ..

Shut the fuck up.

I might when you start saying something for once. Your troll-ish sniping is utterly useless.

You do understand by my "sources" I mean relevant shit that I read and watch, not deep state whistle blowers whom I meet in parking garages.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Nov 2019, 16:05

People who watch Fox tv and InfoWars and read Breitbart think they have “sources” too.

A confirmation bias loop is a confirmation bias loop.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 16:21

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:People who watch Fox tv and InfoWars and read Breitbart think they have “sources” too.

As do "lying" New York Times readers.

We 9/11 truthers have this thing for the truth.
Question authority.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 18 Nov 2019, 16:24

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:People who watch Fox tv and InfoWars and read Breitbart think they have “sources” too.

Oh for fuck's sake! Yet somehow you refuse to accept the possibility (certainty actually) that your own preferred "sources" are equally biased.

:roll:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Nov 2019, 16:48

Hepcat wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake! Yet somehow you refuse to accept the possibility (certainty actually) that your own preferred "sources" are equally biased.

:roll:

I don’t have “sources.” Neither do most of the sane people I know - including ALMOST everyone on this thread.

Unless I’m projecting, my sense of it is that most of us here access news from across the information spectrum. We trust certain publications more than others, based on track record - but we’re always skeptical. Even of more generally trusted news providers.

Of course, it is always good to ignore the charlatans (**cough** Caitlin). But bad actors earn their way onto that list.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Nov 2019, 17:02

the corporate media is it's own problem. just because I use it reliably does NOT mean I use it unquestioningly. in fact, you can use "media watchdog" groups to help you navigate this. there is undeniable bias in our mainstream press as even the slightest grazing of current events in any Latin American country right now will attest.

Propaganda is another matter. yes, I said the word. I choose the word carefully because I think it's exactly the right word to use. Jimbo has become infatuated with modern day Russia at pretty much the same time I've been increasingly concerned. I've been noticing RT techniques being rather brazenly adopted by our own commentators & politicians. Falsehoods or hasty conclusions suddenly dominate all conversation. many sources reach the same conclusions. Our Right-wing has always been good at suddenly all being on the same page but look how drastically this has sped up in the last two years. "No Quid Pro Quo" was on every right winger's lips even as the evidence of Quid Pro Quo was mounting. Also, the steady drum-beat of challenging the "credibility" of people who reach other conclusions.

we are knee deep in propaganda right now. Attorney General William Barr gave a couple of speeches recently where he characterizes evil "Radical Secularists" who he, the main custodian of the rule of law in America rails against as being the main law and order issue in America today. think about that for a minute - "Radical Secularists" what is he getting at? well, it's pretty obvious and it should chill you to the fucking bone.

people who are sorting through the news are NOT doing the same thing as people who are grabbing a bucket to gather up what is being sprayed at them.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 17:17

Davey the Fat Boy wrote: I don’t have “sources.”

Of course you do. Whichever news story or editorial you tend to believe or agree with, that is your "source."
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Nov 2019, 19:58

Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote: Meanwhile my sources ..

Shut the fuck up.

I might when you start saying something for once. Your troll-ish sniping is utterly useless.

You do understand by my "sources" I mean relevant shit that I read and watch, not deep state whistle blowers whom I meet in parking garages.

So stop quoting them as "your sources" as if they are someone akin to Deep Throat. Just put "I read" or "I saw" or even "I believe" but stop with the "my sources" shit, like they're answerable directly to you and no one else on here is in the 'inner circle'.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 18 Nov 2019, 20:58

Sneelock wrote:Our Right-wing has always been good at suddenly all being on the same page but look how drastically this has sped up in the last two years.

And this is only the "Right Wing"? Not the "Left Wing"?

And is there a good quantifiable definition of either, other than of course whoever/whatever you dislike is "Right Wing"? And is there any internal consistency in the views of either wing?

This of course all revolves around my underlying point "How do you know if a politician is lying? His lips are moving." They all promise pie-in-the-sky funded with your own taxpayers' money but since there is never enough of that money, they're very hard pressed to deliver. All they can do is to take several steps further along the way to Venezuela style insolvency.

:(

"That government governs best that governs least."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 21:19

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Shut the fuck up.

So stop quoting them as "your sources" as if they are someone akin to Deep Throat. Just put "I read" or "I saw" or even "I believe" but stop with the "my sources" shit, like they're answerable directly to you and no one else on here is in the 'inner circle'.

If there was another BCBer who backed me up from time to time I might be looser with my terminology. But on this board it seems like I'm always alone so I need to be careful to source my words to show you I am not talking out of my ass. I need to show there are other humans who share my opinions or from whom I get ideas. Oddly none of those guys or gals seem to like music like we do. Nonetheless, they are my sources, my inspiration, my back ups, fellow travelers, etc.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Nov 2019, 21:28

But “my sources” doesn’t just mean “I read” or “I saw.” The emphasis should be on the “my” - as in “these are the people that I identify with.”
They are his friends. His tribe. He really wants us to accept them, because rejecting them means rejecting him.

Jimmy. Caitlin. Cenk. The ghost of Robert Parry. Vladimir. The online “truther” community. They provide for him what Rush, Alex, Sean, Tomi and Tucker provide to conservatives.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 21:36

This is perfect. :D

CNN vs Caitlin

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/17/poli ... index.html

25 times Trump was soft on Russia

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/25-t ... a915b07f97

25 Times Trump Has Been Dangerously Hawkish On Russia

(This is where Davey (If he bothers to read both stories) will say, "I never said CNN was the "be all end all" Trump-Russia source." Because Caitlin fucking nails it!!!!!)
Last edited by Jimbo on 18 Nov 2019, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 21:45

Jimbo wrote:

If there was another BCBer who backed me up from time to time I might be looser with my terminology. But on this board it seems like I'm always alone so I need to be careful to source my words to show you I am not talking out of my ass. I need to show there are other humans who share my opinions or from whom I get ideas. Oddly none of those guys or gals seem to like music like we do. Nonetheless, they are my sources, my inspiration, my back ups, fellow travelers, etc.

Of course there are other humans who share your opinions but this is a small sample of humanity. I do believe that I understand your point.

Question .. Were you on the original Classic Rock Forums when Dwight ran the board? CRF had an "hidden" political discussion forum for a while and things would get pretty heated. One of the posters was called NewDawnFades or Dawnie by some of us. Dawnie's opinions were the polar opposite of my opinions concerning GWB. He would often come after me, demanding for me to show my "sources" and I would provide links to articles but the "sources" were never up to his satisfaction. I recall at one of my "sources" was no good because it was from the WSJ, another from the NYTimes, one was from a Canadian writer, etc.

I just stopped posting political comments because it wasn't worth it for me. I am not saying in any way that you should stop posting about what you feel, know or think but that posting about politics will always be heated and everyone will read things that they feel are wrong, illogical or just plain dumb. No one can change my mind about Trump. I hate him to my very core. He could give his fortune to protect animals and save the planet and I would still not trust him.

People will believe what they want to believe. You know that some people just like to stir the pot, you do it yourself. The trick is not to allow it to get to you.

Post to please yourself. I doubt if you're alone. You are allowing people to jerk your chain. Peace.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 22:04

Oh, I think that chain-jerking definitely goes both ways. And I do think there's times it's deliberate trolling to get a response, which I'm always happy to provide. If I weren't, I'd ignore him. There are folks here I ignore.

And as I've said before, I don't have a personal issue with Jimbo - I'd love to have a drink with him some time and tell him he's full of shit in person. :D

Hell, I tell my best friends they're full of shit when I think they're full of shit.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 22:10

Flower wrote: Post to please yourself. I doubt if you're alone. You are allowing people to jerk your chain. Peace.

No, on BCB I am alone. I have been staggered by that since 9/11 and now with Russia-gate and even now-er, Ukrainegate. Yes, BCB is a small pond but usually if you see one carp there's another one or two somewhere near by. But on BCB, noooooo.

No matter, we are just jousting with words here and I think I am getting better and better at it. Not good enough to get another BCBer on my side but someday I will. :D
Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 22:28

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, I think that chain-jerking definitely goes both ways. And I do think there's times it's deliberate trolling to get a response, which I'm always happy to provide. If I weren't, I'd ignore him. There are folks here I ignore.

And as I've said before, I don't have a personal issue with Jimbo - I'd love to have a drink with him some time and tell him he's full of shit in person. :D

Hell, I tell my best friends they're full of shit when I think they're full of shit.

Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Jimbo ... good luck and hope that your find your carp-mate soon. :)

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 23:19

Flower wrote: Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Enjoy your everything bagels.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2019, 00:39

Looks like the Dem's dream President Mike Pence may be realer than you think. Trump's gone to the hospital with chest pains.
Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 Nov 2019, 02:09

Jimbo wrote:
Flower wrote: Very well said and I agree with you on all points.

Enjoy your everything bagels.

Wrong thread ... ;)

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Nov 2019, 15:12

This Vindman guy is dropping some bombs in a nerdy understated way.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “Nextdoorland”