What’s pissed you off today?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

What’s pissed you off today?

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Oct 2019, 22:57

Having 12 crisps + a few crumbs in a bag of McCoys. Has it really come to that? :twisted:

Otherwise a pretty zen day so not a great time to start the thread. But I’m sure someone on here has been raging about something(s).

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: What’s pissed you off today?

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 Oct 2019, 00:57

I am not sure that it pisses me off, but Wilson's report from Preludin about how much they hate me is certainly baffling. I can understand hating someone who has harmed you, but hating me for being different, hating me for having in their view bad taste, seems like a waste of energy and a little bit absurd. I've had some run-ins with one of them, but for middle-aged men to spend ten months and turn and weigh every word I write, 112 pages worth, seems to me a waste of time and energy. Although I find BCB harmonious now (at last), I am not sure it's good for me, or indeed them, to continue providing fodder for their hatred, simply by being who I am. I'll see how I feel over the next few days, maybe I'll get over it, maybe not.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Oct 2019, 02:19

GM ~ Don't allow these bullies and cowards to piss you off or get to you in any way. These posters are cowards and bullies who are afraid to confront others with whom they have imaginary issues. They hide in their secret forum section sniping at others who can't respond or defend themselves from these attacks. Please shrug it off, be yourself and don't give them a thought,
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Oct 2019, 03:59

I was fine until I read Goog's post. Now I'm pissed off. :x

But to Rother's point, the product in the packages is shrinking and it can be infuriating. My wife told me this week how every morning she swoops into the station convenience store and picks up the same tofu hamburger bento box. She knows the weight. This week it felt lighter and she registered the grievance in her brain. :x
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 Oct 2019, 05:36

Flower wrote:GM ~ Don't allow these bullies and cowards to piss you off or get to you in any way. These posters are cowards and bullies who are afraid to confront others with whom they have imaginary issues. They hide in their secret forum section sniping at others who can't respond or defend themselves from these attacks. Please shrug it off, be yourself and don't give them a thought,

Thanks, Flower, I'll try.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Oct 2019, 08:27

GoogaMooga wrote:I am not sure that it pisses me off, but Wilson's report from Preludin about how much they hate me is certainly baffling. I can understand hating someone who has harmed you, but hating me for being different, hating me for having in their view bad taste, seems like a waste of energy and a little bit absurd. I've had some run-ins with one of them, but for middle-aged men to spend ten months and turn and weigh every word I write, 112 pages worth, seems to me a waste of time and energy. Although I find BCB harmonious now (at last), I am not sure it's good for me, or indeed them, to continue providing fodder for their hatred, simply by being who I am. I'll see how I feel over the next few days, maybe I'll get over it, maybe not.

Unless there’s a secret secret part of Preludin that m not privy to, this is simply not true, so relax GM.

Bcb activities in general do get some commentary, and occasional posts/posters attract a bit more flak, but the idea that you have been singled out for attention is ludicrous and a misrepresentation of the truth.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 Oct 2019, 09:11

Fonz wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I am not sure that it pisses me off, but Wilson's report from Preludin about how much they hate me is certainly baffling. I can understand hating someone who has harmed you, but hating me for being different, hating me for having in their view bad taste, seems like a waste of energy and a little bit absurd. I've had some run-ins with one of them, but for middle-aged men to spend ten months and turn and weigh every word I write, 112 pages worth, seems to me a waste of time and energy. Although I find BCB harmonious now (at last), I am not sure it's good for me, or indeed them, to continue providing fodder for their hatred, simply by being who I am. I'll see how I feel over the next few days, maybe I'll get over it, maybe not.

Unless there’s a secret secret part of Preludin that m not privy to, this is simply not true, so relax GM.

Bcb activities in general do get some commentary, and occasional posts/posters attract a bit more flak, but the idea that you have been singled out for attention is ludicrous and a misrepresentation of the truth.

Good to know, Fonz. I cannot verify since I am banned and only went by what Wilson reported in another thread.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 Oct 2019, 09:14

I'd like nothing more than peace with that crowd, but that is probably hoping for too much.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 06 Oct 2019, 10:03

Fonz wrote:

Sorry, Fonz, while I don't wish to inflame any problems I may have had with you in the past, you are just following the well-trodden path of coming over here and stealing our bandwidth with some concilatory words and phrases to try and calm the shit storm Coan and/or Skope have stirred up the day before. Given that Skope seems to be permanently enslaved by a seething hatred of people who - in most cases - he has never met and will never meet, I'd be a bit worried about the sort of company I was keeping quite frankly. But then like people say on Preludin (P) (and probably quite a few people here), I'm a massive cunt so what do I know?

If the stuff you claim above is true, perhaps you might explain why...

1) ...the hugely contentious area of P where BCBers like Googs, Matt W, DD and myself were/are routinely traduced was swiftly removed from the forum's publicly viewable front page to a members-only area inside the site? I know the area exists, I saw it and some of the stuff that was written about me before it became verboten.

2) You don't simply prove what you are claiming by taking screen grabs of the relevant area of P and posting them here*?

By not doing so, you're merely being an apologist for unpleasant and usually totally unjustifiable attacks on mostly defenceless individuals who can do nothing to defend themselves.

Like Matt W, DD and several other of the more - ahem - "forthright" BCBers, I give as good as I get and don't really give a shit what Cope/Skope et al write about me there - or here for that matter. While I'm sure I've been guilty of mocking Googs myself in the past, he seems to have personal issues that make him less inclined to try and cope with the unpleasantness.

In common with most of the people here who weren't invited to P, I was glad to see the back of Coan and Skope and have no inclination to join them or their board. Aside from P members who come over here to recruit for your founders, I have no problem with people who want to contribute to both boards.

Coan and Skope on the other hand should just scuttle back under whatever rock they emerged from and leave us to our board while they get on with theirs.

* Please feel free to redact stuff related to me if it helps although I need all the laughs I can get right now!

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 06 Oct 2019, 10:18

sorry, dp

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Oct 2019, 10:29

GoogaMooga wrote:
Fonz wrote:

Good to know, Fonz. I cannot verify since I am banned and only went by what Wilson reported in another thread.

I certainly don’t have an axe to grind against Matt, but he probably gets more abuse than you! :)
Heyyyy!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Oct 2019, 13:07

Go to the General section of Preludin, Fonz and find the BCB thread. After I blew them up yesterday it’s got to be 120 plus pages long now.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Oct 2019, 13:12

Powehi wrote:
2) You don't simply prove what you are claiming by taking screen grabs of the relevant area of P and posting them here*?

By not doing so, you're merely being an apologist for unpleasant and usually totally unjustifiable attacks on mostly defenceless individuals who can do nothing to defend themselves.

Like Matt W, DD and several other of the more - ahem - "forthright" BCBers, I give as good as I get and don't really give a shit what Cope/Skope et al write about me there - or here for that matter. While I'm sure I've been guilty of mocking Googs myself in the past, he seems to have personal issues that make him less inclined to try and cope with the unpleasantness.

In common with most of the people here who weren't invited to P, I was glad to see the back of Coan and Skope and have no inclination to join them or their board. Aside from P members who come over here to recruit for your founders, I have no problem with people who want to contribute to both boards.

Coan and Skope on the other hand should just scuttle back under whatever rock they emerged from and leave us to our board while they get on with theirs.

* Please feel free to redact stuff related to me if it helps although I need all the laughs I can get right now!

You are not alone concerning the above quote!

What pisses me off to a mild degree, is anyone denying that the above isn't happening. Sad to say the least.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Oct 2019, 16:13

It’s the idea that GM gets uniquely singled-out that I was contesting. Though he gets name-checked occasionally it’s no more than MW, DD, Fuery, or the Prog contingent etc

Tends to be relatively good-humoured as well, in contrast to some of the petty nastiness that abounded here on bcb.

Best wishes
Heyyyy!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Oct 2019, 16:23

:lol:

What a crock of shit!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Oct 2019, 16:28

Disc 2 of my Grantchester DVD keeps hiccupping which is pissing me off as I was admiring James Norton, a honey who's in the top 4 tipped to be the next James Bond after Daniel Craig.
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Oct 2019, 16:35

Matt Wilson wrote::lol:

What a crock of shit!

Fuck you
Heyyyy!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Oct 2019, 16:57

Lol. Now that's more like what a Preludin would say.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 06 Oct 2019, 17:33

Fonz wrote:It’s the idea that GM gets uniquely singled-out that I was contesting. Though he gets name-checked occasionally it’s no more than MW, DD, Fuery, or the Prog contingent etc

Tends to be relatively good-humoured as well, in contrast to some of the petty nastiness that abounded here on bcb.

Best wishes

Sorry, F, obviously you must have missed my earlier post where I made a couple of perfectly polite requests that you try and explain concerns that you keep attempting to laugh off as "good humoured" joshing.

Namely, why:

1) ...the hugely contentious area of P where BCBers like Googs, Matt W, DD and myself were/are routinely traduced was swiftly removed from the forum's publicly viewable front page to a members-only area inside the site? I know the area exists, I saw it and some of the stuff that was written about me before it became verboten.

* Feel free to remove any material about me. Or not. I don't give a toss either wa
y

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Oct 2019, 17:40

Oh for ffs, some one's put a traffic cone on top of my car!
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.