MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 03 Oct 2019, 15:20

Minnie the Minx wrote:Crikey! How often does your cat get lost??

Only once .. she was a stray that we had fixed and chipped but couldn't take her immediately inside because our elderly cat was ill. Lots of hiccups along the way. We and neighbors put out shelters when she first showed up and in a sense, she was a community cat. Long story but I fed and played with her on a Monday morning .. we were going to take her inside on that Friday but after she was fed, I never saw her again.

I don't know how many posters I've put up, she's listed on multiple facebook pages, Craigslist and Kijiji .. etc. I'll not give up until she is found.

Animal services scans for chips for all animals that they pick up .. dead or alive.

I'll not give up until she is found or we find out what happened to her.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Oct 2019, 16:25

I just scored a subscription sales campaign for the St. Louis Symphony. Go me!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Oct 2019, 02:12

Rebecca and I have arrived at Mono Lake and it is soectacular. First stop on our epic roadtrip of the southwest. We're going to the south tufa area tomorrow which is the place that postcard from Wish You Were Here with the diver looking like he's stuck upside down in the lake was shot.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2019, 13:57

Six String wrote:Rebecca and I have arrived at Mono Lake and it is soectacular. First stop on our epic roadtrip of the southwest. We're going to the south tufa area tomorrow which is the place that postcard from Wish You Were Here with the diver looking like he's stuck upside down in the lake was shot.

:D

See you soon!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2019, 15:11

I’m at a hospital continuing education forum. We’ve each got a little IPad that we can make notes on that go to the speaker.
I’m sat next to a pharmacist. She ate her croissant with a knife and fork. She is writing ‘INTERESTING!’ Next to every slide, including the dullest and least interesting slides imaginable. I watched her submit a question to the panel which was ‘where is the nearest Tex Mex restaurant?’

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 05 Oct 2019, 15:22

There’s a place called “Pelon’s Tex Mex on the southwest across from Stubbs on Red River between 8th and 9th.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2019, 15:29

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 05 Oct 2019, 20:11

I was checking my five dollar Lotto ticket when my husband walked into the room. He told me that even if we won (I bought the ticket) that he didn't know what to do with 65 million dollars and that I could buy the cheaper tickets that had smaller payouts. I explained that I purchased one five dollar ticket for Friday night which was up to 65 million this week but was won by someone else and a three dollar ticket for both Wednesday and Saturday which is a different game than the Friday's ticket, that I spend eleven dollars a week and that I know what to do with the money.

I then informed him that I would start a few charities, mainly to help cats, children and other animals. He told me to carry on with my purchases. :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Oct 2019, 02:17

Dr Markus wrote:

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 07 Oct 2019, 12:04

Moving all the kids stuff out of the loft that we wont be needing now. So far, 6 large IKEA bags of clothes all ages from 0 -10, 3 small IKEA bags of the same. 3 prams and 1 buggy. One cot, with bedding. A sterliser, potty, toilet seat, step for reaching the sink. Bouncer, small chair for babies, big chair for sitting at the table.

Still up the loft, 5 car seats, one dolls house plus boxes and boxes of toys and books.

I've filled one bedroom so far.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2019, 00:33

Last night we ate our dinner on the deck of our motel (common space not our private deck) and had a bottle of wine with the meal. After we ate the owner came out with her own glass and joined us as we finished off our bottle. I retrieved my guitar from the room to sing some songs and she went back to her space and brought out a magnum of chardonnay and we had a little party. Her husband arrived from a Las Vegas weekend JU and we continued on. They wanted to keep it going beyond anything that made sense as we wanted to get up early to leave town so we turned down their offer of more wine bottles. Coincidently one of my tunes was Two More Bottles Of Wine from Delbert McClinton via Emmylou Harris. An excellent time was had by all.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Oct 2019, 12:27

Standing on the platform I saw a derelict kind of guy on the opposite platform fishing under a vending machine hoping to swipe out fallen coins with closed umbrella. It was a sad little scene until I noticed that this guy needn't be derelict but could possibly get a job with Cirque du Soleil. Now if I were the guy I'd need to sprawl out, lie down on the dirty platform floor to sweep the umbrella into the inch, inch and a half space under the vending machine. But this guy was an acrobat. He was standing with his back to the front of the vending machine and bent so steeply forward he was bent in half. Looking backwards between his legs he swept the umbrella with one hand and could see immediately what he had swept out. Sad to say he found nothing but it really wasn't much effort for this pretzel man. This free show made my day.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Oct 2019, 21:46

Today we stopped at the Hoover Dam since it was on the way and it is very large. The security is in place for such infrastructure so pulling up to the gate we were asked if we had any firearms. We said no of course and then one of the officers asked if that was a guitar case in the back. "Yes". Please pull over. So I had to lay it on the ground and open it up to reveal it really was a guitar and not a Thompson machine gun. :lol:

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Oct 2019, 21:57

Good thing you keep your machine guns in the trunk!

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Oct 2019, 22:08

Six String wrote:Today we stopped at the Hoover Dam since it was on the way and it is very large. The security is in place for such infrastructure so pulling up to the gate we were asked if we had any firearms. We said no of course and then one of the officers asked if that was a guitar case in the back. "Yes". Please pull over. So I had to lay it on the ground and open it up to reveal it really was a guitar and not a Thompson machine gun. :lol:

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Oct 2019, 00:00

Over the past week or three, I've been wondering, why the shit do I still hang around this place? Why the steadfast refusal to bail?
Thanks to T-Berry for the wonderful reminder by way of his memories of Raph. This place is special, even if the only life left is in the archives. You people are special (well, most of you), even if the vast majority fucked off long ago.It's been so long for some of us, it's easy to forget or take it for granted. I'm glad I sent T-Berry a sad text today.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Oct 2019, 00:09

Charlie O. wrote:
Six String wrote:Today we stopped at the Hoover Dam since it was on the way and it is very large. The security is in place for such infrastructure so pulling up to the gate we were asked if we had any firearms. We said no of course and then one of the officers asked if that was a guitar case in the back. "Yes". Please pull over. So I had to lay it on the ground and open it up to reveal it really was a guitar and not a Thompson machine gun. :lol:

I didn't know this movie existed! :D

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Oct 2019, 00:09

Still Baron wrote:Good thing you keep your machine guns in the trunk!

:lol:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Oct 2019, 14:24

We had a cricket invasion in Austin yesterday - some weather phenomenon brought them in in droves and they were gathering round shopfronts on strip malls and turning walls into twitching black masses. Some businesses had to close until they had gone. We were in Target last night and there was a cricket hopping around in underwear and I took it outside. It jumped out my hands as I got outside and sat on my shoulder. The first thing I saw outside was a young boy jumping up and down on all the crickets going ‘look Mummy! Look!’ And she said yes dear, ha ha. Then she caught my eye and my shoulder and screamed pointing like Donald Sutherland in the Body Snatchers. Bizarre.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Oct 2019, 14:24

Dp
Last edited by Minnie the Minx on 10 Oct 2019, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Markus wrote: