Coan's new board - It's all gone a bit Pete Tong

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Did you get invited?

YES, but I'll be staying where I am thank you very much
11%
YES, and I'm just stopping off here to say "see you suckers" to hoi palloi who didn't.
5%
YES, but I'll be using both until one or both goes tits up
30%
NO, and I'm spitting feathers
7%
NO, and I really couldn't give a shit
46%

Total votes: 56

C
Robust

Re: Coan's new board - It's all gone a bit Pete Tong

Postby C » 02 Oct 2019, 16:55

It's great to have interesting posts like the one above

Very interesting

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Oct 2019, 16:57

C wrote:It's great to have interesting posts like the one above

Very interesting

I like the part about no aliases. As if Coan wasn't the king of aliases here.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Oct 2019, 17:22

Matt Wilson wrote:

It's the simple truth, Matt. John changes his avatar all the time, as he did/does here, but he only has one account. As an admin, I can check this sort of thing really easily.
I'm not recruiting or trying to change anyone's mind. The two boards are different. I'm happy with the way preludin is now, and to check in on BCB and keep my photo thread running. I just want to put the record straight: fake news, you know.
Anyway, you can and will and maybe should distrust anything you hear coming from skope or JC, but I hope you've known me long enough to know that I don't do lies, especially when I sign my name to it.
Ray
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 Oct 2019, 17:23

Personally, I'd never go into a rage about posts on another forum, nor do I care about hidden threads or other non interesting things. Hopefully, this won't set a precedent and we won't become a bacon .. err .. beacon for hens crossing the road.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Oct 2019, 17:27

Rayge wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:

It's the simple truth, Matt. John changes his avatar all the time, as he did/does here, but he only has one account. As an admin, I can check this sort of thing really easily.
I'm not recruiting or trying to change anyone's mind. The two boards are different. I'm happy with the way preludin is now, and to check in on BCB and keep my photo thread running. I just want to put the record straight: fake news, you know.
Anyway, you can and will and maybe should distrust anything you hear coming from skope or JC, but I hope you've known me long enough to know that I don't do lies, especially when I sign my name to it.
Ray

Wait a minute, Ray. Are you seriously telling us Coan never had an alias here at BCB?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Oct 2019, 18:06

I don't think he's saying that. And as he's not an admin here, I doubt he'd claim it.

I am an admin and will say that any aliases he's used here have been the most blatant, obvious ones, and you don't have to be an admin to figure them out. Has he 'hid behind' an alias? Maybe, but I haven't seen it.

Not saying that to defend anyone, just to be upfront. Just like Ray doesn't do lies, I don't do 'loyalty.' Not to a dang message board, anyway.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Oct 2019, 18:11

Everybody lies.

Last edited by Samoan on 02 Oct 2019, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Oct 2019, 18:12

Some points need to be clairified: I never said Coan did have aliases at Preludin, but he sure had them here. He has more aliases than probably any other BCBer I can think of. So to promote Preludin in a positive light because there are no aliases when the board was started by the alias king is the height of irony. If you don't see, then that's not my problem, but it's there.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Oct 2019, 18:49

Matt Wilson wrote:
Rayge wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:

Ray

Wait a minute, Ray. Are you seriously telling us Coan never had an alias here at BCB?

No. I have nothing to say about that. He only has one account on preludin. Sorry about the ambiguity. I thought you were questioning my statement earlier about there being no aliases on preludin, a response to an even earlier suggestion by another poster that there were, and that they were somehow being used to deceive about the amount of activity on the preludin music board.

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Oct 2019, 18:54

Matt Wilson wrote:Some points need to be clairified: I never said Coan did have aliases at Preludin, but he sure had them here. He has more aliases than probably any other BCBer I can think of. So to promote Preludin in a positive light because there are no aliases when the board was started by the alias king is the height of irony. If you don't see, then that's not my problem, but it's there.

I tried posting the explanation above immediately after your reply, once I'd realized the misunderstanding, but it wouldn't post because of an SQL error, whatever that is, although I suspect it has something to do with squirrels, so I went and cooked dinner.
As I said, I wasn't promoting anything, just correcting someone who was sneering.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Oct 2019, 19:01

I take issue with the "more aliases than any other BCBer" statement, but it may just be a simple matter of interpretation. I tend to think of multiple aliases as meaning, by definition, multiple accounts. Coan certainly changed board names often, but as far as having separate accounts? He's not even in the top ten. And, like I said, not exactly under heavy cloaking.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Oct 2019, 19:10

Poor wittle Johnny, he's just so misunderstood!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Oct 2019, 01:09

Matt Wilson wrote:Poor wittle Johnny, he's just so misunderstood!

I heard he was raped by strippers when he was 13.
Wait a minute. That was Bob Fosse. Sorry. I always get those two mixed up.
uggy poopy doody.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 03 Oct 2019, 07:50

Sneelock wrote:I heard he was raped by strippers

I heard he rapped with Stryper. But I was in the next room with a glass held to my ear.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

`

Postby ` » 03 Oct 2019, 09:18

Rayge wrote:

As I said, I wasn't promoting anything, just correcting someone who was sneering.

Surely you mean "trying and failing to correct"?

Far from "sneering", I was merely countering Coan and Skope's increasingly pathetic attempts to shore up their board now the initial novelty has worn off.

Interesting how BCBers formerly deemed untouchable have mutated into valuable commodities now preludin posters - including your good self - have slowly but surely started to drift back here.

Like you, I am not a liar or purveyor of "fake news". FWIW, the figures I quoted in my earlier post on this thread reflected the times and names that I saw on the main music page of Preludin yesterday morning.

Unlike yourself, I have neither admin rights at Coan's site or the time or inclination to count every post made on every thread over there. Short of justifying the figures you claim we'll just have to do the gentlemanly thing and agree to disagree.

The idea that neither Coan or Skope use aliases is frankly risible, btw.

As is your board founder's claim that the occasionally annoying but essentially harmless Dr Markus has become a regular Preludin poster following the mean-spirited way Coan hounded him off BCB about a year ago.

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Oct 2019, 09:35

Powehi wrote:
Rayge wrote:

Surely you mean "trying and failing to correct"?

Far from "sneering", I was merely countering Coan and Skope's increasingly pathetic attempts to shore up their board now the initial novelty has worn off.

Interesting how BCBers formerly deemed untouchable have mutated into valuable commodities now preludin posters - including your good self - have slowly but surely started to drift back here.

Like you, I am not a liar or purveyor of "fake news". FWIW, the figures I quoted in my earlier post on this thread reflected the times and names that I saw on the main music page of Preludin yesterday morning.

Unlike yourself, I have neither admin rights at Coan's site or the time or inclination to count every post made on every thread over there. Short of justifying the figures you claim we'll just have to do the gentlemanly thing and agree to disagree.

The idea that neither Coan or Skope use aliases is frankly risible, btw.

As is your board founder's claim that the occasionally annoying but essentially harmless Dr Markus has become a regular Preludin poster following the mean-spirited way Coan hounded him off BCB about a year ago.

Seminally robust points, well made.

It's laughable how solarscrote, bully-boy and his henchmen just can't keep away!

Sad fucques…!

:lol:

Flower

Postby Flower » 03 Oct 2019, 12:41

C wrote:It's laughable how solarscrote, bully-boy and his henchmen just can't keep away!

Sad fucques…!

It is laughable .. indeed.

I hope that Dr. Markus reads this and comes back to BCB.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

`

Postby ` » 03 Oct 2019, 13:07

Flower wrote:
C wrote:It's laughable how solarscrote, bully-boy and his henchmen just can't keep away!

Sad fucques…!

It is laughable .. indeed.

I hope that Dr. Markus reads this and comes back to BCB.

I hope that Coan and Skope and/or however many aliases they happen to be using
at 1.05pm on Thursday October 3 read this and slink back to Preludin

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Oct 2019, 17:52

Powehi wrote:I hope that Coan and Skope and/or however many aliases they happen to be using
at 1.05pm on Thursday October 3 read this and slink back to Preludin

Good riddance to all of that lot I say (as previously listed) - all they want to do is keep coming back to stir things up, insult folk and try to upset them.

They hate to be ignored though but get their knickers in a twist when you label them a 'bully-boy', 'cry baby' or 'henchman'

As we say, if the predludin hat fits - wear it!

Yes, if the predludin hat fits - wear it!!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 05 Oct 2019, 15:52

Well, I was actually banned from Preludin! I registered yesterday to check out their hidden (naturally) BCB thread. You know, the one Johnny Boy won't let us see in the 'general' section of the forum. They started it when Preludin first got off the ground in January I think. My God, at 119 pages, it's by far the longest thread that I saw, there's even another BCB thread which is a few pages but this first one was the more interesting. Get this, they do nothing but bitch about us all day long!! They're fucking obsessed. If we say something here, they respond to it over there. Goat Boy is one of the worst offenders - what a vile, evil man he is. Filled with hate, he seethes at googa, feury, me, anyone who stands out at BCB. Remember Sloop John C? He's another one. Remember how he seemed to be a nice guy? Nope, he's another snake in the grass. Bitter at all the people he thinks turned against him here. Apparently, he's been banned from the BCB section of Facebook, and boy is he upset! :lol: Skope is the exact same there as here, but since he's around all the other cunts, they seem to accept him there. He'll proudly announce he's coming here to stir shit up, and Coan will want him to post any personal messages we send him, so remember that if you reach out to him.

Anyway, these people do nothing but talk shit about BCB all day every day. It's some weird stalking thing they've got going on over there. I should've snapped pictures of those pages and posted them here, but enough current BCBers post over there as well and they've posted on that thread too so there's that. Oh, and googa, God, they really hate him. They go on and on and fucking on about googa. It's relentless. And Diamond Dog? He's got his own fucking thread! They've got something to say about every regular poster here. Swear to God, I was only there yesterday afternoon and evening and had me an eyeful. Ray sent me a 'welcome mat' text, so I asked him if he knew who I was and today I'm banned! You see folks, they can come here and see all they want and start shit, but if I go there just for a peek, I'm banned. :D Priceless! Old Coaney is so scared of me saying anything over there that I won't even be given the chance!!! Lol

But seriously, you guys should've seen this. It was sad, really

Return to “Nextdoorland”