What did you have for breakfast?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

What did you have for breakfast?

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 02:25

Scrambled eggs smooshed into a fried potato and onion, bubble and squeakish kind of hash. And coffee. No toast. Trying to keep my weight down.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Re: What did you have for breakfast?

Postby Flower » 23 Sep 2019, 02:34

One large mug of coffee .. one heated multigrain bagel with brie cheese. One small linzer tart.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 02:46

Flower wrote: multigrain bagel

:roll:
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Sep 2019, 12:33

Jimbo wrote:

I've eaten and enjoyed multigrain products for years. It's not as if I was eating a blueberry or some other, by New York standards, bagel. :D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 13:30

Flower wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

I've eaten and enjoyed multigrain products for years. It's not as if I was eating a blueberry or some other, by New York standards, bagel. :D

Do you know which place has the worst bagels? Israel. Or they did when I was there a century ago. Maybe nowadays you can get a decent bagel but one of the best bagels I can get are right here in Japan and not far from my house. Two Japanese women (not JAPs) opened up a small bakery that only makes bagels. Admittedly their Japanese versions, sour plum and konbu seaweed bagels are flops but I can't go wrong with their plain. I suggested they make an onion bagel and they looked at me like I was weird.

Nearby there's also a German-style bakery run by this Japanese guy and he makes the best rye bread and kaiser (hard) rolls this side of the Catskills. If only he made that heavy black Russian rye we had when I was a kid. Yum.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Sep 2019, 13:41

I hear you about the bagels. I grew up on salt, plain, sesame seed bagels. I now go for the multigrain or everything bagels. Not too many places make salt bagels anymore.

Also, the "corn rye" that I grew up on seems to be extinct or at least on the endangered species list.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 13:43

Flower wrote:I hear you about the bagels. I grew up on salt, plain, sesame seed bagels. I now go for the multigrain or everything bagels. Not too many places make salt bagels anymore.

Also, the "corn rye" that I grew up on seems to be extinct or at least on the endangered species list.

Hellloooo. :o (except for the yuppified multigrain/everything bagels.)

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Sep 2019, 16:47

Coffee and an Atkins protein bar. Same thing I have every day.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 23 Sep 2019, 16:55

An orange cranberry muffin and a vat of iced tea.

The usual for weekdays, more or less.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 18:07

toomanyhatz wrote:A vat of iced tea.

Vats a vat?

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 23 Sep 2019, 20:51

Bowl of porridge with mixed summer fruits mixed in, the porridge made up with heavily diluted semi skimmed milk (100ml milk, 150ml water) & a mug of hibiscus tea.

Sets me up for the day. Occasionally I add a banana into the porridge.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Sep 2019, 01:02

Finished off the fried potato and onion and egg hash, (Enough potato for breakfast for now.) a thick slice of white toast slathered with raspberry jam - a gift from Vermont - and a cup of what is supposed to be the best instant coffee one can get in Tokyo .... runs to kitchen to check .... Organic Mountain. It's okay. Tastes like coffee.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Sep 2019, 06:42

Plain toasted bagel with butter and honey. Cuppa tea.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Sep 2019, 06:47

Lord Rother wrote:Plain toasted bagel with butter and honey. Cuppa tea.

Do you put the honey on first so it soaks into the bagel or do you put it on top of the butter where it dribbles off onto your keyboard and other places?

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Sep 2019, 06:55

Jimbo wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Plain toasted bagel with butter and honey. Cuppa tea.

Do you put the honey on first so it soaks into the bagel or do you put it on top of the butter where it dribbles off onto your keyboard and other places?

Butter first so it melts in nicely, followed by honey, adding a few pricks into the bagel so it too soaks in. Then I cut it in half so it’s easier to eat and I can hopefully avoid getting honey on my earlobes.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Sep 2019, 01:42

I'm thinking of eggs ackley for tomorrow morning. ;)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 26 Sep 2019, 00:13

Two 3 minute eggs, one slice of focaccia toast, black coffee. Typical diet breakfast until I went back into the kitchen and scarfed down one of my wife's home made oatmeal cookies.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 04:30

Broke my diet completely and I'm a pig, a bad pig. I awoke at 9:30 and following my wife's orders I went to the new urologist who replaced the old one who died. Walking there was a healthy move but after a blood test and a digital examination I got what I really went to that doctor for: sleeping pills. On the way home I passed a supermarket which has a pretty good deli, with a wide variety of fried golden brown shit. I chose the all plastic holder of a fried golden brown chicken cutlet on black curry rice. Now I feel full and ashamed. That was my breakfast. :oops:

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 27 Sep 2019, 11:08

1 apple
1 pear
1 coffee
The Complete Roxy Music Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 11:34

The Slider wrote:1 apple
1 pear
1 coffee

There's a lotta sugar in that there froot.

(Good for you!)