Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Jimbo » 16 Sep 2019, 05:39

Biden’s Brain Is Swiss Cheese And It’s Creepy That We’re Not Talking About It

Caitlin Johnstone
Sep 16

In mainstream discourse we’re speaking as though this is just a charmingly gaffe-prone old man who makes a few controversial statements from time to time but would still make a fine president, when really he shouldn’t even be allowed a driver’s license.... https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/bide ... dab65d0b60

The level of denial in the US is astounding. Elephant? What elephant?
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Sep 2019, 17:26

"charmingly gaffe prone"?

there are many good articles about Biden and his baggage especially in Esquire. many are actually well written! :p
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 12:06

Five Questions for Joe Biden
Q: Joe, how’s the asthma?
Q: Joe, can you explain your recent financial success?
Q: The cost of higher education is a major 2020 campaign issue. How much have you contributed to raising the price? No, no, sorry, that’s not fair. Joe, can you name a speaker you think is worth $180,000?
Q: Joe, do you remember the tax loophole you and Obama tried to close, S Corporations? Since leaving office you and your wife laundered money through S Corps to save millions in taxes ordinary Americans have to pay. Why the change of heart, Joe?
Q: Final question, because I know you’re getting tired. How do you intend to debate Trump when corruption, tax fudging, and skipping out on military service come up?
Bonus Sixth Question! Joe, name a couple of substantive accomplishments for your eight years as Vice President.

Learn the significance of these prized GOTCHAZ! at https://wemeantwell.com/blog/2019/09/19 ... joe-biden/
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Sep 2019, 00:46

It's not too late to support Tulsi!

Saagar from Rising goes after Biden! Love how Biden says he isn't guilty because it wasn't in the mainstream media. But long, long ago I (reminder to Hillary fans esp. Hatz and Davey) I, via Robert Parry called bullshit on Biden and his son who got cushy job in Ukraine after the Obama/Biden/Clinton admin pulled off a coup and overturned the Moscow friendly boss for a Euro-friendly one, not to mention was a key and early element in the utterly bogus Russia/election conspiracy theory.

Bbbuuuuttt Trump ....

:roll:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Sep 2019, 23:42

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Oct 2019, 17:56

Bernie had heart surgery last night. I would suggest he is probably not going to be advised to be campaigning anytime soon.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Oct 2019, 03:05

Just heard that Tulsi is no longer in favor of Medicare for All and now supports a "choice" system. Another disappointment.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Oct 2019, 13:52

Confused about the Democratic field? Don't worry...Right Wing Dad has got you covered with this handy guide!

RWD wrote:Importance of the 2020 Election? If the Democrats win:

1. Fred Stevens, a welder, and Joe Frisco, a bartender, neither of whom went to college, will have to pay off the student loans for Eric, an Art History major, and Emma, a Gender Studies major, because they cannot get jobs. (Elizabeth Warren)

2. Yusef Hussein, who killed 23 children by bombing their school, will be allowed to vote from prison. (Bernie Sanders)

3. Grace Thompson, who worked hard for 47 years, must give up her employer furnished medical plan and join the National Health plan. (The whole slate)

4. La'Darius Washington, who has never had a regular job, will receive a monthly income from the federal government to spend as he pleases. (Amy Klobuchar)

5. Billy White, age 16, who has trouble with subject/verb agreement in English class, still has trouble with fractions in math class, and who thinks Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court , will get to vote. (Kirsten Gillibrand)

6. Stan Billings, an avid deer hunter, will have his semi-automatic rifle (fires one shot each time you pull the trigger) taken away, or go to jail, because it looks like an AR 15. (Eric Swalwell)

7. Sven Johannson, whose grandfather immigrated to the US in 1953, will have to pay reparations to Sha'lyndia Jefferson because she THINKS her great-great-great grandfather MIGHT HAVE BEEN a slave. (Cory Booker)

8. Thomas Finch, who is an ambitious and motivated adult, cannot get a job because he doesn't want to join a labor union. (Kamala Harris)

9. Sammy Thomas, a farmer, will no longer be able to haul his crops to market in his 3/4 ton diesel pick-up, but will have to make 43 trips in his Toyota Prius. (The whole slate)

10. The population of the US will become 76.4% Hispanic because all of the existing border wall will be torn down. (Beto O'Rourke)

11. NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER BECAUSE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN TWELVE YEARS. (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Oct 2019, 16:23

those folks are never shy about getting out the NAPALM, are they?
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Oct 2019, 16:24

It's only the second or third most racist thing he's forwarded me.

SIGH
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 04 Oct 2019, 16:43

Count Machuki wrote:It's only the second or third most racist thing he's forwarded me.

SIGH

Dear Dad,

For every political email you send me, I will donate $20 to AOC, and $20 to ____ (Presidential Candidate of CM’s choice). They thank you for your emails!

Love,
Count
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Oct 2019, 17:27

Still Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:It's only the second or third most racist thing he's forwarded me.

SIGH

Dear Dad,

For every political email you send me, I will donate $20 to AOC, and $20 to ____ (Presidential Candidate of CM’s choice). They thank you for your emails!

Love,
Count

:o :idea: :o

I love it.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Oct 2019, 17:34

you got that kind of money? ; )

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 04 Oct 2019, 20:10

Adjust sums as necessary etc.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Oct 2019, 00:58

Set up a Patreon or whatever the kids do these days to collect money. I"ll pledge $40.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Oct 2019, 01:01

After working hard to get into the third debate having not met the asinine DNC criteria for getting into the second, now in my email I get a notice from Tulsi saying she is considering boycotting the debate. She aims to show how rigged the DNC has this election. The DNC and the other Hilbots want Biden or, if it must be, Warren. Here is Tulsi's letter.

Jim — (Tulsi knows my name!!!)

I want to thank you all very much for your support. I need to share something with you. It is very important: I am giving serious consideration to boycotting the next debate and I want to tell you why:

There are so many of you who I've met in Iowa and New Hampshire who have expressed to me how frustrated you are that the DNC and corporate media are essentially trying to usurp your role as voters in choosing who our Democratic nominee will be.

I share your concerns, and I’m sure that all our supporters throughout the country do as well.

The 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders.

In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.

They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten

In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.

In order to bring attention to this serious threat to our democracy, and ensure your voice is heard, I am giving serious consideration to boycotting the next debate on October 15th. I will announce my decision within the next few days.

With my deepest, and warmest aloha, thank you all again for your support.

– Tulsi

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Oct 2019, 05:06

So anybody watch the debate? As vapid and obscurantist as mainstream media can get, but being what it was, a reality TV show, whom should we kick off the island?

Hate to say it but buh-bye, Tulsi. Yes, the format did not suit your issue, war and peace, nor did the moderators call on you enough, but as far as this debate went, you struck no home runs as you had in previous debates. Let's see if you are most Goggled again. Somehow I think you won't be.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Oct 2019, 17:40

I’d guess Yang but if he can’t catch on after offering FREE MONEY then I don’t suppose he ever will.
I saw maybe a third of it & it looked like Bernie’s night to me.
I don’t like the whole “winner” model for these things but I think his heart episode, if anything, made him seem stronger and more vibrant than ever.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Oct 2019, 17:50

I fully expected Kloubachar to go after Warren. she got singled out for doing it before. she's always framed herself as the "practical" candidate and was one of the first to play the "BUT HOW DO WE PAY FOR IT???" card. she's getting better. you know, I actually like her quite a bit and think she's a pretty savvy politician (as far as that goes). So, it was no surprise that she went after Warren especially since all the commentators seemed to ordain that this would be the debate where people went after Warren. I've noticed something - I heard Warren referred to as "THE" front-runner more often in the hours before the debate than I have in the hours since. Now I hear her referred to as "A" front-runner. I think Tom Perez wants these things to be fucking Cage Matches or why would they have so many furshlugginer candidates on the stage?

what does surprise me although it probably shouldn't is Buttigieg's obvious lane change. let's face it - Joe Biden is bombing out and everyone knows it. for all the talk of "unseating the front runner" I think what really happened is that K. and B. are jockeying for Biden's crown as "reasonable" candidate. This has been gradual in Mayor P. but noticable. Things he scolds for being unreasonable now are things he's championed in the past. He does a good job (and so does K.) at still sounding like a good, modern, progressive Democrat while taking on the role of reality scold. I'm not sure it suits him but it just might give him a very high profile boost.

don't get me wrong. I think "going after Warren" is fair. IMO she just knows if she answers the question "how do you pay" with the answer "raise taxes" (like Bernie has done) she is all but doomed. (Bernie's fate is another matter). so, she keeps ducking the question. this takes away some of her "new kind of politician - straight talker" appeal and could be a problem for her.

to beat my dead horse - I think this "how do you pay?" thing is a "we can't have nice things" trap and personally I think it is to be avoided. yeah, people don't want their taxes to be raised and we're at a point where they can deep-fake Warren's face on Disney's Pochohantas saying "I'm going to raise your taxes!!! woo woo woo!!!" and Facebook would make sure everybody saw it. The fact of the matter is, her and Bernies basic message - the one they keep returning to is sound. Billionaires have a different set of rules. Harping on how to pay for "Medicare for all" is fair but Seeing Mayor Pete & Harris criticizing the "billionaire tax" is disappointing. every poll shows overwhelming support for raising the taxes on billionaires among voters of every description. so, why single this out as an unrealistic goal? because it's a well aimed shot at those candidates or because we need to watch what we say about Billionaires?

Edit: fix poor word choice.
Last edited by Sneelock on 20 Oct 2019, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Oct 2019, 19:08

Facts are a Kremlin talking point, and anyone who believes them is Russian. Facts are Russian. Truth is Russian. Skepticism is Russian. Asking questions is Russian. Dissent is Russian. Revolution is Russian.

So let’s all get Russian then, baby.
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/trut ... 21202b2df3

You know they are still calling Tulsi a Putin puppet? Yang, too. Hilbots, bite your tongues, hard.