MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hugh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 19 Aug 2019, 17:58

Six String wrote:In a NYT article on hiccups, one of the ways listed to treat it is a digital rectal massage. :o

Does it work?

I imagine you are more of an analogue rectal massage guy, anyway.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Aug 2019, 19:09

huh-huh - he said analogue

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Aug 2019, 21:38

My guitar playing continues to be revived by more playing with friends and working on songs at home to present to the group. I was a bit worried when I found my left hand tightening up earlier this year when I played guitar at home due to me playing very infrequently. So I'm happy that devoting time again to my playing has made that issue go away. I've also been focusing on my singing as well which has been a weak point in my performing. This is what retirement is about, right? Doing what makes one happy. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Aug 2019, 20:01

My sister got in touch today to say she’s getting married. She told me her fella asked my Dad, to which he was told ‘I don’t give a fuck what she does as long as I don’t pay for it. You can’t be any worse than the last twat she was with.’
I don’t know what response he was expecting, but I could have told him that was how it was going to go down!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2019, 21:49

Minnie the Minx wrote:‘I don’t give a fuck what she does as long as I don’t pay for it. You can’t be any worse than the last twat she was with.’

:lol:
Question authority.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 31 Aug 2019, 19:49

Considering leaving the Gong fanpage I follow on Facebook after someone posted enquiring whether any other members had ever had contact with extra-terrestrials.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 31 Aug 2019, 20:14

Belle Lettre wrote:Considering leaving the Gong fanpage I follow on Facebook after someone posted enquiring whether any other members had ever had contact with extra-terrestrials.

Let’s drop the false shock and outrage, Belle!
IT’S A GONG FAN PAGE ..:
It’s incredible it is only just now happening!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 31 Aug 2019, 20:33

:D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Sep 2019, 04:51

The drum circle was epic tonight. We had about a dozen people participate including dancers and a guy who improvised lyrics in Spanish over our Afro-Cuban rhythms. It is everything I've wanted from this experience since we started in April. It only took five months to reach the objective. :? The pop up restaurant made various versions of empenadas. I was in heaven.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 06 Sep 2019, 20:06

I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Sep 2019, 03:41

Positive Passion wrote:I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

How come?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 07 Sep 2019, 16:47

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

How come?

Thanks for asking!
We had the pupils in for the new term. A few of my pupils can be very dysregulated, particularly when things are unfamiliar. But we (I, the teacher, together ithmy 4 teaching assistants) had thought carefully about how we would approach the new term. And most of our strategies worked beyond our dreams. The pupils really had two great days.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Sep 2019, 16:29

Excellent!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Sep 2019, 05:08

I got to play a steel drum at the drum circle tonight at the cider tasting room. I think it's only the second time I've ever had the opportunity. It was a lot of fun. The McIntosh cider on tap now is really excellent too. It's had some time in barrel which gives it some added depth.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Sep 2019, 14:09

I was flying into NY yesterday in the morning and at the exact time the first plane hit, our flight attendant got the microphone and started singing ‘Our Country Tis of Thee’ and it was astonishingly moving.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Sep 2019, 17:50

There’s a guy in this airport who has Charge of the Light Brigade as his ring tone. He’s having lots of calls, which he is slow to answer. There may be a massacre.

Dr Markus wrote:

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 16 Sep 2019, 21:53

Funniest thing happened to me over the weekend.

I'd had extreme flatulence for days, the kind which is both explosive and deadly. One or the other is bad enough, but when combined the effects are akin to being forced to listen to a 90-minute tape of Sting, Phil Collins, and Scott Walker at more-than-maximum volume for days. You're damn lucky to survive in other words. Further elaboration is pointless, you get the idea.

A friend and his always-nagging wife came up to spend the weekend with me, and after a bacchanalian-filled blowout which lasted for two days, I finally passed out on my stomach wearing only a T-shirt and nothing else (don't ask). The countless beers I had consumed, the Mexican food, frozen pizza, etc - had destroyed my stomach to the point where a relentless series of volcanic emissions had erupted from my ass for hours before my blackout. My house guests had probably wept with relief as I'd pooted my way into oblivion, no more to beguile them with Chris Walken impressions, endless songs sung like Bob Dylan (no matter what the song was, my Bob voice remained the same), loudly pontificating on the differences between men and women, Democrats and Republicans, Oasis and Blur... Only to realize that just because I was out, my ass was quite content to continue the party for all involved. The windows were all open, but it didn't help. The woman (we'll call her Trudy), decided she'd had enough, and preceded to walk to the freezer, take out a frozen hot dog, and (do you see where this is going?) place it in my rectum - in the hopes that this would be the proverbial finger-in-the-dyke maneuver to provide at least temporary peace.

Well, let's take stock of the situation for a sec. There I was, shit-faced, lying on the ground half naked with a weenie up my bum. Just another Saturday night at my place I hear some of you saying, only this time it was different. Apparently, my friend (We won't even give him a name. He knows I frequent this place and on the off chance he finds this thread...) had also drunk himself into a stupor and passed out on the couch, thereby denying him a further role in this squalid tale. Only the weenie woman remained. I can picture her strutting 'round my apartment, probably singing something by Kate Bush - which I had expressly forbid her to do in my presence - a smile on her face as she thought of telling her friends (some of whom I know) about this episode when she got home. When a strange, yet terrible thing happened.

The anal meat plug had done its job so well that not a whiff of gas had escaped my backside and the pressure must have been colossal, Brobdingnagian, even. Like a Champagne cork, the Kielbasa flew from my butt at hyper speed right as Trudy was standing above me, gloating over her apparent victory, doubtlessly cackling at your humble narrator's predicament. The projectile hit her right in the forehead, immediately dropping her like a sack of sand. When we awoke the next day, she was still in the same position she had fallen in before, like a Raggedy Ann dropped from a plane. A huge bruise covering the entire top of her face above the eyes all the way into the hairline.

Anyway, her speech is a bit different, and she's lost the ability to pronounce certain words, but otherwise right as rain. My friend isn't speaking to me, but I think that will pass. As an interesting coda to this little campfire story - I still haven't been able to find the wiener.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2019, 22:02

No shit.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Sep 2019, 16:02

My wife needed a new iPhone and somehow bought a new iPhone X for 9,000 yen, that's less than $100. Of course it isn't the latest but almost, right? A legit electronics store. Too good to be true? Maybe 5G will kick in soon and make it obsolete - - make all our old shit obsolete. And give us all brain cancer to boot!
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Sep 2019, 20:44

The NYTimes just did an article on the Eastern Sierra in the areas we are visiting in a few weeks at the beginning of our road trip of the Southwest U.S. Glad we have our hotel reservations secured. I hope these areas don't get inundated with people while we are there.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”