Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Aug 2019, 20:49

For a site that is apparently about to cause the downfall of the site from which it came, Red Lupin seems to have an awful lot of its main posters over here today. And the past week.

What I've learnt (before the Smart One asks) is that it's bizarre behaviour to come back here at all, if the alternative is so magnificent, let alone if only to tell everyone on here how wonderful it is over there.

Most bizarre.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Aug 2019, 12:09

I learned there is no word I know for what we euphemistically call the butt, the bum, derriere, ass. Or maybe there is but somehow the Japanese call it "hip" in Japanese-English when we call the side of the butt our hips. I mean a foot, shin, knee and thigh are a foot, shin, knee and thigh but what is the proper word for our bum. Is it buttocks? No one says buttocks. Buttocks. Buttocks. Kind of like bollocks. Buttocks...
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 21 Aug 2019, 16:08

As of 1841 yesterday evening, I learned that one arsehole looks and sounds much like any other.

Robert

Postby Robert » 21 Aug 2019, 20:40

Diamond Dog wrote:For a site that is apparently about to cause the downfall of the site from which it came, Red Lupin seems to have an awful lot of its main posters over here today. And the past week.

What I've learnt (before the Smart One asks) is that it's bizarre behaviour to come back here at all, if the alternative is so magnificent, let alone if only to tell everyone on here how wonderful it is over there.

Most bizarre.

I am certainly not a main poster. But, is it intrinsically wrong to be on both boards then?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Aug 2019, 21:07

Robert wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:For a site that is apparently about to cause the downfall of the site from which it came, Red Lupin seems to have an awful lot of its main posters over here today. And the past week.

Most bizarre.

I am certainly not a main poster. But, is it intrinsically wrong to be on both boards then?

Nope and nothing there suggests I'm saying it is.

However - if people have basically run this place down as being not worth bothering with, why do they insist on keep coming back here to tell everyone that again. And again. And again.

At least have the courage of your convictions -if you have called this place worthless- and stay away.

Seems reasonable, doesn't it?
Cocaine

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 21 Aug 2019, 21:43

DD's Ball Bag wrote:You used bizarre twice, Pete. Not a good read for the neutrals.

Christ, you really don’t have a life outside of message boards, do you?

Keeper of the English language. Up North version.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Aug 2019, 21:54

soundchaser wrote:
DD's Ball Bag wrote:You used bizarre twice, Pete. Not a good read for the neutrals.

Christ, you really don’t have a life outside of message boards, do you?

Keeper of the English language. Up North version.

Ex Pat version.
Cocaine

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 21 Aug 2019, 22:20

Oh, I know who he is, now. Someone who needs a big fat juicy beef burger rubbed in his face.

Robert

Postby Robert » 22 Aug 2019, 09:29

Diamond Dog wrote:
Robert wrote:

Most bizarre.

However - if people have basically run this place down as being not worth bothering with, why do they insist on keep coming back here to tell everyone that again. And again. And again.

At least have the courage of your convictions -if you have called this place worthless- and stay away.

Well, yes. But for instance Moddy posts here and there and I saw him post criticism about BCB. But what you see as spite I see as more as a lingering attachment to the old BCB and regret for what it turned out to be eventually.

`

Postby ` » 22 Aug 2019, 11:14

Boards like everything else in life rise and eventually decline in popularity/usage.

BCB already has, and from the predictably unpleasant way Skope was acting the other day, the same thing is already starting to happen to Coan's "new" board now the novelty has worn off.

Don't think anyone here can object to BCBers who signed up for Preludin exercising their right to post on both boards. At least not if their contributions are constructive.

What pisses a lot of BCB loyalists off is the way the likes of Coan, Gash and Skope repeatedly keep coming back here to stir up shit when it was largely their contempt for other BCBers that helped accelerate this board's demise to begin with.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 22 Aug 2019, 11:58

Mick Jones of The Clash is a cousin of Grant Shapps, Michael Green and Sebastian Fox
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Aug 2019, 16:06

Still Baron wrote:I took a trip through nutbar FB last night and learned that Texit is the latest hope of the right wing lunatic fringe here in Texas.

Here’s more about one of the leading lights in this movement. It’s not racist, he’s just worried about the plight of “Traditional Americans.” What nonsensical garbage.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... f3abcbd798
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Aug 2019, 16:57

Still Baron wrote:
Still Baron wrote:I took a trip through nutbar FB last night and learned that Texit is the latest hope of the right wing lunatic fringe here in Texas.

Here’s more about one of the leading lights in this movement. It’s not racist, he’s just worried about the plight of “Traditional Americans.” What nonsensical garbage.

Do these people somehow not know that there have ALWAYS been lots of Hispanics in El Paso? Have they never heard the Marty Robbins song?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Aug 2019, 17:02

Charlie O. wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

Do these people somehow not know that there have ALWAYS been lots of Hispanics in El Paso? Have they never heard the Marty Robbins song?

It’s fucking farcical but they appear very serious.

Presumably, they are traditional Mexicans and not traditional Americans. One wonders if this sixth generation native Texan living in liberal Babylon counts? Or what about my fifth generation native cousin who is a Buddhist in Babylon. Traditional Americans? Maybe we should go back to Bohemia!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Aug 2019, 19:09

Iris is the Greek word for ‘rainbow’!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Aug 2019, 11:48

Robert wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Robert wrote:

Well, yes. But for instance Moddy posts here and there and I saw him post criticism about BCB. But what you see as spite I see as more as a lingering attachment to the old BCB and regret for what it turned out to be eventually.

I really like G. He's a great guy.

The lingering regret bit I get too.

What I don't get is why he, and others, seem to come over here as a recruitment exercise - at the exact same time as telling everyone that Red Lupin has pinched all the talent it wants from BBC.

If so - what other reason is there to come over here besides a little bit of good old fashioned spite?

As I said at the very start - I'm kind of glad John started the other board. And I think it's perfectly okay to post on both boards if the contribution is constructive. It's only when the posting on BCB is consistently petty and unnecessarily provocative when I have concerns.

But - you know, it's not my board, nor my internet. Each to their own etc.
Cocaine

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Aug 2019, 21:28

Resistance to change can be painfully difficult.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 23 Aug 2019, 22:19

Hugh wrote:That there is an expression: “The rabbit died”.

Just switched channels on the TV; QI is on and it has all been explained.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Aug 2019, 15:12

World’s smallest cat is cute as fuck.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Aug 2019, 00:42

Squirrels brains get larger in Autumn to cope with all the information they need about remembering where they have buried their nuts.

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”