HAIM

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

HAIM

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Aug 2019, 17:24

Paul Thomas Anderson directs music videos! Here is his collaboration with HAIM on their latest summertime anthem, "Summer Girl". The song itself is new hip, faux hip, with a bit of echoed sax to give it panache. I like that his videos are so active, there is an awful lot of walking.

Even better, and with a catchy chorus, here is HAIM's big hit, "Want You Back". No relation to the Jackson 5 masterpiece, but it is worth noting that the girls are also walking a fair bit in this one. Did anyone say "strident"?

The sister trio of HAIM — Alana, Danielle, and Este — explore sounds and eras in their confessional showstoppers. Two albums in, and it's all sweet melodies, catchy rock and pop hooks, as if it's all gonna work out fine. At least for now, we have got HAIM... here on the cover of their latest single, "Summer Girl". Do they even make physical CD singles any more?

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: HAIM

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Aug 2019, 21:29

Ghastly.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Aug 2019, 04:15

There IS a lot of walking! All three of those videos, it's like... are they on the same walk? Maybe they changed clothes at the mall since the last video?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 Aug 2019, 05:52

bobzilla77 wrote:There IS a lot of walking! All three of those videos, it's like... are they on the same walk? Maybe they changed clothes at the mall since the last video?

Yeah, that must be it - the mall !
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 16 Aug 2019, 01:46

Never had any use for him since he and Corey Feldman split.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Lord Rother wrote: I’m with Googs.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Aug 2019, 07:15

That was quite pleasant and an engaging vid.

Return to “Yakety Yak”