Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Aug 2019, 16:26

Still Baron wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:It is pretty dumb. But do gaffes matter in the era of Trump and Twitter?

Yes. No one else gets the Trump presumption of incompetence.

The jumped up millennial lefties on Twitter ... bless them, but I also despair. It’s not a good sample size but they’re freaking out on Biden and how they can’t even etc

Maybe, as snee says, he goes out like Jeb, but he’s still got a commanding lead in the polls.

I definitely can't even.

Biden only leads in polls because the people they poll have heard of him.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Aug 2019, 16:31

Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:It is pretty dumb. But do gaffes matter in the era of Trump and Twitter?

Yes. No one else gets the Trump presumption of incompetence.

The jumped up millennial lefties on Twitter ... bless them, but I also despair. It’s not a good sample size but they’re freaking out on Biden and how they can’t even etc

Maybe, as snee says, he goes out like Jeb, but he’s still got a commanding lead in the polls.

I definitely can't even.

Biden only leads in polls because the people they poll have heard of him.

I like Elizabeth Warren best by some distance if someone asks who I like and who I most want to be MY president (I know, no one is asking and no one cares, except maybe my dad). Joe Biden is well down my list. I would vote for George W. Bush if he were the candidate taking on Trump. These people are talking about not voting for Biden in a general election. THAT’S privilege!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Aug 2019, 16:45

I think it is always smart to presume that Twitter Dems are only relevant on Twitter.

I’m a man without an island candidate-wise. I prefer a candidate occupying the space Biden does, but I wish he was almost anyone else.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Aug 2019, 16:50

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I think it is always smart to presume that Twitter Dems are only relevant on Twitter.

It’s fucking horrible in every direction. Even Astros Twitter can be a downer. I wish I could stop looking at it.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Aug 2019, 16:53

Still Baron wrote:These people are talking about not voting for Biden in a general election. THAT’S privilege!

Yeah, that's sheer madness. You'd think this one would be a slam dunk, though, right? It should be! It's that pesky 40% of Trump cultists that make it tough. And the way a primary vote in Iowa is equivalent to ten votes from Baltimore. But we know this stuff. :(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Aug 2019, 17:48

seemingly not. I've heard fuck-all about it today. If Bernie says something half as stupid, I'll bet you a corn dog I'll hear a whole lot more about it.
you know... on Twitter. :p
Last edited by Sneelock on 09 Aug 2019, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Aug 2019, 17:54

Twitter is what it is. It's like looking right into somebody's skull without anything in between. Facebook ain't as bad but I think that's because the Troll control is a lot better right now for whatever reason.

I think Joe is going to bomb out in the caucuses. what happens then? I guess we wait and see if it happens.
you can only blame self righteous lefties up to a point. what if he Jebs out? I think it's gonna happen. I can see how people who think he's our best hope don't want this to happen. Well, what about those of us who think the opposite? the ones who think he's Walter Mondale with a side of potato salad?
maybe you're right, maybe we are. we'll see. I don't think he's connecting in Iowa. maybe he'll do it somewhere else. of COURSE I'd vote for him. I've voted for bigger losers than Joe Biden but can't you see how it looks like he's being shoved down our collective throat?

it sure looks that way on Twitter. ;)
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Aug 2019, 21:25

There’s a lot of scuttlebutt that Niki Haley is on stand by. I know scuttlebutt is not to be trusted but her name seems to pop up like this semi reliably since she stepped down as UN Ambassador.

Maybe there’s nothing to it but, let’s suppose the Dems DID end up nominating another woman. Doesn’t that sound like just the sort of thing they’d do to keep women voters from jumping ship? And if they DID decide to replace Pence with a woman, isn’t Nikki Fuckin’ Haley exactly the sort of woman they’d pick? She looks really good and she’s a REALLY nasty piece of work.
Last edited by Sneelock on 09 Aug 2019, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Aug 2019, 21:33

Sneelock wrote:pop up like this semi

Enough about Tulsi Gabbard already, sneelock!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 09 Aug 2019, 21:39

If she really wants my vote, she’ll show up at the next debate in black yoga pants!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 Aug 2019, 09:28

Conspiracy theorist Bernie Sanders calls out WAPO for fake news!

“Anybody here know how much Amazon paid in taxes last year?” Sanders asked the crowd.

“Nothing!” the crowd answered back.

“See, and I talk about that all of the time, and then I wonder why The Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon, doesn’t write particularly good articles about me. I don’t know why,” Sanders said.

WaPo Executive Editor Marty Baron. “Contrary to the conspiracy theory the senator seems to favor, Jeff Bezos allows our newsroom to operate with full independence, as our reporters and editors can attest.”

Fair.org documented the fact that The Washington Post published no fewer than sixteen smear pieces about Sanders in the span of sixteen hours.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/msm- ... 3cfb4c81b1
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 Aug 2019, 20:20

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Aug 2019, 23:51

there's an online petition out there to get him on as a questioner in an upcoming debate. that seems even more unlikely than it already did before he threw his support behind one of the candidates.

I like Rogan more or less, he's pretty direct and better informed than a lot of people who spend hours in front of microphones. still, like Bill Maher, I don't think the fact that he identifies as a Liberal now amounts to much more than words coming out of mouths. Like Bill, He's allowed conservatives to distance themselves from whack-jobs for years by identifying themselves as "Libertarians". well, telegram for Hepcat, a lot of those self described Libertarians ARE conservative whack jobs as these interviews often bear out.

Still, better Joe than another Big Media Fat Ass with a clipboard full of words they can and can't use. Shit, CNN had Hugh Hewitt at a debate in the last Presidential. He doesn't even PRETEND that he's not biased. I think they could, at the very least have somebody clearly on the left like Amy Goodman. yeah, that'll never happen and Joe Rogan probably wont' either but I think it's interesting that petitions went out for both.

the debate format is really pretty terrible and the ratings will get worse as they go along unless they keep ginning up these "battle" scenarios. they've changed up the format before (like the "you tube" debate). changing out the people who ask questions would certainly make the things somewhat less mind numbingly boring... in theory.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Aug 2019, 03:03

Rogan would be a good candidate. There'd be "shits" and "fucks" in all his speeches. That alone would get my vote!

Don't you think you learn more about the right when Rogan extensively interviews conservatives? The talks may seem chummy but are in actuality "opposition research."

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 Aug 2019, 03:57

Well, looks like we won't have Hickenlooper to Hickenloop around any more.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 04:58

Senator Hickenlooper has a nice ring to it.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Aug 2019, 05:00

Sneelock wrote:Senator Hickenlooper has a nice ring to it.

Even better, Secretary of Urban Housing Hickenlooper.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 05:15

:lol: Captain Horatio Hickenlooper, Lord of the Apes.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Aug 2019, 05:35

Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:Biden only leads in polls because the people they poll have heard of him.

For months there have been news stories about Joe Biden running for President. He hasn’t announced he’s running! When will he announce he’s running? He’s announced he’s running! He’s running!

Hell, even Our Man Hickenlooper would have had a head start with that kind of coverage.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Aug 2019, 12:57