reap

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: reap

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jun 2019, 06:07

That bit about getting the legal bits done really just hit home with me because a) the turmoil it's caused you and b) the fact I've not done it myself. And I'm 57. :oops:

Regarding the rest - your dignity is an example to us all. I can only echo what the others have said - you're a very special lady and we love you unreservedly Kath xx
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 Jun 2019, 07:42

Very much love to you, Kath xxxx
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 21 Jun 2019, 09:03

Sound advice, Kath, and while sorry to hear of the huge post-loss pain you must be feeling, so glad to hear that Reap left you all in reasonably OK shape - financially at least.

Ultimately 99.99999% of us have no idea when we might get seriously sick/injured or die. Remember that I had a relative who passed away intestate a few years back and - contrary to my wife's "don't-tempt-fate" urgings - went and took care of my will (including burial arrangements) later that same week.

A couple of years later, I was amazed to learn that a married mate with two kids who'd been diagnosed with cancer several months before had died without even bothering to make the will his doctor expressly urged him to write and have notarised. While he's apparently made a will, another friend of mine, a single child who lives in China has made no arrangements re repatriation of his remains or burial. While I and his many friends would be honoured to help out*, God only knows how this is going to be accomplished as we're scattered all over the world.

Like Kath says, as painful as it is, get your affairs sorted out while you are in good physical and mental shape! in doing so, you'll spare your loved ones a great deal of unnecessary agony at a time when they are least able to face - never mind - cope with it.

* Assuming any of us live that long!

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Jun 2019, 12:44

Wise words there - and more love and hope winging it’s way across the pond from me.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Jun 2019, 13:09

Kath,

May the road to New Orleans but littered with rainbows and unicorns. Hopefully, your rooms will quickly expand to a home with room for all your memories and "stuff"...

*Now that you're going to be in New Orleans, the Saints can win another superbowl.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 21 Jun 2019, 14:38

I'm so glad you and Attila are provided for, kath. Wishing you strength xx
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Maryann

Postby Maryann » 21 Jun 2019, 20:01

kath wrote:
love to everyone.

<3

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 22 Jun 2019, 01:25

I wrote a bunch of stuff here and then deleted it because there is nothing I can say that makes any sense.

That we can love people that we have never met; people which whom our relationship is based of the exchange of electrons over thousands of miles and decades of years is some kind of miracle. That doesn’t really make sense either but we all know it to be true. I send you my love, kath. Take care.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Jun 2019, 05:43

Hugh wrote:I
That we can love people that we have never met; people which whom our relationship is based of the exchange of electrons over thousands of miles and decades of years is some kind of miracle. That doesn’t really make sense either but we all know it to be true. I send you my love, kath. Take care.

Indeed Hugh. Beautifully put and it's something I've often thought about. It's certainly not something I ever bother trying to explain to people not on here- it would seem utterly freakish to them, I'm sure. It's wondrous though, that's for certain.
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 16 Jul 2019, 14:48

Oh kath...I saw something on facebook awhile back but didn't want it to be true. I would like to echo what Davey said with Beezle's passing having stayed with me even to this day. I hope things are getting better, with both the emotional and technical side of things. Reap was great, to you and for you, and even in his passing, has shown to be a great person through and through. Lots of love xx
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 09 Aug 2019, 13:34

I’m so sorry to read this Kath, I didn’t know. Reap struck me as a lovely guy, who got stuck into prog sync listens with great passion. The same thing happened to my brother-in-law Bob 10 years ago when he was just 50. As you can imagine, my wife was devastated and his passing is still raw to her now. So, my sincere condolences to you, late though they are. x