Wild Bill ("A godforsaken cabbage patch")

..and why not?
Samoan

Wild Bill ("A godforsaken cabbage patch")

Postby Samoan » 11 Jun 2019, 12:13

I'm greatly looking forward to Rob Lowe TV tomorrow in ITV1's Wild Bill (for which the former West Wing star is also an executive producer.)
Tune in on Wednesday at 9pm BST. Routine carrying of firearms will not feature.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/09/wild-bill-rob-lowe-tv-police-drama-west-wing-to-east-lincs?CMP=share_btn_link

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Re: Wild Bill ("A godforsaken cabbage patch")

Postby Samoan » 04 Jul 2019, 14:03

I love this programme, quite unlike any cop show made anywhere on the globe.
It's still strange to see Lowe of The Brat Pack and The West Wing in a senior British police officer's uniform and doing the job in bucolic Boston, Lincolnshire. It's somewhat eccentric and wackadoodle, plenty of great characters and dialogue peppered with bon mots delivered in deadpan voices while dealing with the gamut, including murder, of countryside crimes.

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 07 Jul 2019, 22:25

The earlier reviews I read were not very enthusiastic, and it has been shedding viewers, but as I like Rob Lowe I decided to give episode 4 a go. It wasn’t appalling but it certainly wasn’t great either. Rob seemed emotionless and disinterested. There’s so much better stuff on tv I doubt I’ll be watching another episode.
“Erratic associate member”

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jan 2020, 20:04

Greta Thumberg wrote:I love this programme, quite unlike any cop show made anywhere on the globe.
It's still strange to see Lowe of The Brat Pack and The West Wing in a senior British police officer's uniform and doing the job in bucolic Boston, Lincolnshire. It's somewhat eccentric and wackadoodle, plenty of great characters and dialogue peppered with bon mots delivered in deadpan voices while dealing with the gamut, including murder, of countryside crimes.

So good I got the DVD :)

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Jan 2020, 21:52

I thought this was going to be about the doc on William "Wild Bill" Wellman.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Screenadelica”