Champion's League 18/19

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Re: Champion's League 18/19

Postby KeithPratt » 08 May 2019, 07:37

That was incredible. They scored early on and you could sense Barcelona were rattled by it, but at 1-0 at half-time I thought "Messi will score and that will be it".

Henderson was superhuman I thought - such energy. And that moment when Wijnaldum took out about 4 players with a turn summed up the night. Klopp is what football is all about, turning previously humdrum players into something inflected with gold. What a night for TAA too - 14 assists this season. Stunning.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 May 2019, 07:56

Toby wrote: What a night for TAA too - 14 assists this season. Stunning.

Makes his exclusion from the first leg even more perplexing, doesn't it?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 08 May 2019, 09:39

trans-chigley express wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:We had a debate at work about the merit of the Liverpool forwards compared to Barca's yesterday..... I could only say that there isn't one of Mane, Salah & Firmino you would have over Suarez, let alone Messi (based purely on where they are as players now). Last night kind of confirmed that.

I’m surprised there’s any debate at all. I can’t believe anyone would choose any of Liverpool’s front three over Suárez, he’s on a level above those three.

:D
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

`

Postby ` » 08 May 2019, 10:34

I'd forgotten all about Daniel Sturridge being a Liverpool player before they pulled him out of the car park and gave him a brief canter at the end.

Suarez is a truly despicable human being though, isn't he.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 May 2019, 11:50

Geezee wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:We had a debate at work about the merit of the Liverpool forwards compared to Barca's yesterday..... I could only say that there isn't one of Mane, Salah & Firmino you would have over Suarez, let alone Messi (based purely on where they are as players now). Last night kind of confirmed that.

I’m surprised there’s any debate at all. I can’t believe anyone would choose any of Liverpool’s front three over Suárez, he’s on a level above those three.

As DF said, none of them are in Origi’s class :D

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 May 2019, 11:51

Powehi wrote:I'd forgotten all about Daniel Sturridge being a Liverpool player before they pulled him out of the car park and gave him a brief canter at the end.

He’s played a few times this season but he’s really off the pace these days. A good player in his prime.

`

Postby ` » 08 May 2019, 13:56

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 08 May 2019, 15:30

Powehi wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/08/theresa-may-i-can-make-a-liverpool-style-comeback-in-europe

FFS...

European "opposition"...

I hate these people.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 May 2019, 22:13

Unreal :)
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 May 2019, 23:00

oooooooof
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 May 2019, 23:19

Football eh!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 May 2019, 10:28

The winner in the final will be the one 3-0 behind at half time :D

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 May 2019, 11:33

Geezee wrote:

Interesting. Salah & Firmino didn't play, did they?
Cocaine

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 May 2019, 12:13

People really don't give you enough credit for your observational skills. First rate they are.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2019, 13:00

Diamond Dog wrote:
Rorschach wrote:The last few days they went to Paris while I was working so I got to see Liverpool v Chelsea, Barça v Man U and Man City v Spurs.
Bloody hell. I don’t remember football being this good when I used to watch it regularly.

That is really interesting Tym. I don't watch nearly as much as I once did either but this season I have seen some truly magnificent matches. The first half of the second Man City v Liverpool league match this season was the best 45 minutes I've ever seen in English football. And there have many more that were absolutely superb too.

Maybe the game has taken a turn for the better and, if it has, I think a lot of it is directly traceable to Guardiola and his insistence on playing open, attacking football to try to win every match.

And so it continues, Pete.
I can't believe all the amazing football that keeps happening. And it's not just about good football; some thrilling stuff has been quite scrappy with last ditch defending and goals out of nowhere, and reams and reams of 'narrative'.
I may be imagining it but I can't remember any season that's had so many fantastic comeback wins.

Mind you, I'm not that excited about the final. Nobody wants a CL final with two teams from the same country, do they?
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 May 2019, 13:03

Geezee wrote:People really don't give you enough credit for your observational skills. First rate they are.

And you really ought to know about not receiving credit.

Still not a Man Utd fan, I guess?
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 May 2019, 13:11

Rorschach wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Mind you, I'm not that excited about the final. Nobody wants a CL final with two teams from the same country, do they?

I would have preferred Ajax in the final for two reasons: firstly because I think Liverpool would have a better chance of winning and secondly, because it just feels more like European Cup final. Facing Spurs makes it seem more like a domestic cup final.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2019, 13:22

trans-chigley express wrote:I would have preferred Ajax in the final for two reasons: firstly because I think Liverpool would have a better chance of winning and secondly, because it just feels more like European Cup final. Facing Spurs makes it seem more like a domestic cup final.

And if English people aren't that excited about an all-English final, imagine how the rest of the world feels. I bet the TV people and other sponsors are right pissed off.
Bugger off.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 09 May 2019, 13:40

Diamond Dog wrote:
Geezee wrote:People really don't give you enough credit for your observational skills. First rate they are.

And you really ought to know about not receiving credit.

Still not a Man Utd fan, I guess?

god no.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 May 2019, 14:07

Rorschach wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:I would have preferred Ajax in the final for two reasons: firstly because I think Liverpool would have a better chance of winning and secondly, because it just feels more like European Cup final. Facing Spurs makes it seem more like a domestic cup final.

And if English people aren't that excited about an all-English final, imagine how the rest of the world feels. I bet the TV people and other sponsors are right pissed off.

It wouldn’t surprise me. I’m sure they were relishing the thought of a Liverpool-Ajax final

Return to “Sporting Life”