Yup! Nothing there about any crimes!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Apr 2019, 19:41

Well, hush my mouth. I paid less in taxes this year, too. :oops:

#trump2020
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 17 Apr 2019, 20:58

Count Machuki wrote:Well, hush my mouth. I paid less in taxes this year, too. :oops:

#trump2020

I got my biggest refund ever, but a friend who owns his own home got creamed.

A couple of people I know who prepare income taxes for a living said it was a BRUTAL season.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Apr 2019, 22:42

my friend the TRUMP fan just told me that EL RUSHBO was warning his listeners not to pay any attention to the Mueller report when it comes out. it's all just a bunch of hooey.

this makes me wonder if maybe there will be a juicy morsel or two. they're saying the white house has had it for a while and you KNOW if they have it that Rush & Hannity have it.

this reminds me of back in Feb or March when Carl Bernstein was making the rounds. he said he was talking to people who said that the report's conclusion would be that the TRUMP campaign willingly or unwillingly was an asset to the Russian Government's efforts to influence the election.

well, that's far enough away from "NO COLLUSION - TOTAL VINDICATION" that ostrich instructions might be in order.
the point is moot since I suppose what they release will look pretty much like what Harv posted.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2019, 00:04

El Presidente is tweeting a bunch of "Angry Dems/Crooked Hillary/NO COLLUSION" shit.
maybe we will see something juicy tomorrow.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 03:22

Wow, I sure am het up about tomorrow, and I don't think it's just the cable news that's doing the hetting.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Apr 2019, 04:06

Sneelock wrote:my friend the TRUMP fan just told me that EL RUSHBO was warning his listeners not to pay any attention to the Mueller report when it comes out. it's all just a bunch of hooey.

this makes me wonder if maybe there will be a juicy morsel or two.

I have almost no doubt that it will have things that would sink any Democratic President facing Republican opposition.

I wish I could’ve said more about Barr’s document, but I’ve been totally swamped. Just remember that Barr’s report is a lawyer’s summary (as an advocate) of a legal document that addresses evidence through the lens of a prosecutor who must have a good faith believe in the ability to prove a novel, rare issue in court beyond a reasonable doubt. Add the additional lens that it is written under the presumption that the President may not be indicted.

Do what you can to read it for yourself when it comes out.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 14:46

Did William Barr just ask us to cut Trump some slack?
:x

msnbc wrote:Barr said Trump acted out of "noncorrupt motives" because he was frustrated by the ongoing investigation and media coverage that he felt was hurting his administration.

awwwwwww

Fuck these guys. Roll on new election!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2019, 16:46

Holy Crap, what a jackass.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Apr 2019, 17:14

it looks like there are numerous instances of TRUMP trying to stop the investigation.
the Attorney General of the United States seems to be behaving like TRUMP's Consigliere.
Janet Reno and the Starr report seem like once upon a time in a galaxy far-far away.
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 18:06

Well I've read the first 12 pages in between doing other stuff on a busy day in the office.
That ought to do it, right?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 18 Apr 2019, 18:22

you say "no obstruction"
i say "not from lack of trying"

Mueller wrote:"(James) Comey did not end the investigation of (Michael) Flynn, which ultimately resulted in Flynn's prosecution and conviction for lying to the FBI. (Don) McGahn did not tell the Acting Attorney General that the special counsel must be removed, but was instead prepared to resign over the President's order. (Corey) Lewandowski and Dearborn did not deliver the President 's message to (Jeff) Sessions that he should confine the Russia investigation to future election meddling only. And McGahn refused to recede from his recollections about events surrounding the President's direction to have the special counsel removed, despite the President's multiple demands that he do so. Consistent with that pattern, the evidence we obtained would not support potential obstruction charges against the President's aides and associates beyond those already filed," the report said.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Apr 2019, 21:41

I've been busy all day and haven't read it, but I did just hear a little bit of an NPR talk show where a conservative Republican attorney said there was plenty of stuff there to warrant the House introducing articles of impeachment, should they so wish.

Of course, with this Senate, there wouldn't be much point.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 18 Apr 2019, 22:40

Can anyone explain what has been redacted and why?

And why no-one seems to be making any fuss about it...
Bugger off.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Apr 2019, 23:47

Rorschach wrote:Can anyone explain what has been redacted and why?

And why no-one seems to be making any fuss about it...

Information that is privy to or arising from grand jury proceedings is secret. Also, information about pending investigations, and information that is redacted to protect third parties who aren’t central to the investigation. There is no fuss because I think the redactions are generally viewed as legitimate, because they aren’t legally obligated to release the report at all, and because they didn’t invoke executive privilege to redact internal White House shit. Presumably, the House can obtain a lot of the un-redacted report.

Edit: some details here:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/mueller-rep ... y-material
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 19 Apr 2019, 00:19

I only pray that Caitlin can explain all of this!
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Apr 2019, 00:42

I’ve had about 5 of those already. “If Dems hadn’t run Hillary and bla bla bla”
She’ll say the same shit she’s been saying all along.

I’ll say this, for a “Nothing Burger” this thing is pretty loaded!
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Apr 2019, 00:56

You know though, I do get what Chomsky & all those guys are saying. The Dem Establishment was maybe over relying on the report to be a slam dunk when more effort might have been spent elsewhere.

I still think most of the people talking like that are broken records and haven’t really changed their tune since the Barr report. I think it’s a fair point but it underestimates one important thing - this is a LONG way from “total vindication”. There’s a LOT to chew on here. It won’t win over anybody who’s already dug in their heels (right or left) but TRUMP is blowing the few fuses he has left. If he keeps going all” King George” then a lot of people are bound to notice that the President is a whack job. You’d think they’d have noticed by now but you never know.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Nextdoorland”