Record Store Day Black Friday 2019 - November 29

Do talk back
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: Record Store Day 2019 - April 13th

Postby Count Machuki » 02 Mar 2019, 15:14

ConnyOlivetti wrote:Roxy Music remixed- is that the wilson remix of the first album?
no certain info in the link in the list what I can see

Format:
2 x 12" Single
Label:
UMC/Virgin
More Info:
This exclusive double 12" edition grew out of mixes that were undertaken to celebrate the release of the Super Deluxe version Roxy Music' s debut album in spring 2018. Unused at the time, the mixes, overseen from Bryan Ferry' s London HQ, celebrate the essential otherworldliness of Roxy Music' s space age vision, stardate 1972. This strictly limited double 12" features out-takes of Karl Stoecker' s legendary photo-session from the debut and was mastered by Frank Arkwright at Abbey Road in Autumn 2018.

No mention of it it's a Steven Wilson joint or not...
If I could ever find an original copy I think I might prefer that. Maybe I can find a way to try before I buy.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 Mar 2019, 15:28

Ooh, I just noticed they're reissuing that Grodeck Whipperjenny record...good thing I didn't spend $400 on an OG copy!

Sho is Funky Down Here and The Grodeck Whipperjenny are a pair of albums that are the result of an unlikely but highly productive musical relationship between James Brown, a superstar at the creative and commercial peaks of his long career, and David Matthews, a then young arranger-musician whose limited professional experience had little or nothing to do with the funk and soul of his collaborator.

A psychedelic classic, created by his James Brown’s bandleader David Matthews, the first album issued on Brown’s famed People imprint. As progressive as it is funky, this album was issued in tandem with another Matthews project issued under Brown’s name – Sho Is Funky Down Here. One of the deepest albums in the Brown catalog, its story is finally told.

Lacquered directly from the original master tapes at Capitol Studios. This is the first official reissue of both of this rare titles.* Contains an extensive booklet with full annotation, liner notes by Brown historian Alan Leeds and never-before-published photos.

*this is a lie - I have a late 90s Polydor reissue of Sho is Funky Down Here
It's the James Brown psych rock record
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 Mar 2019, 16:27

Rough Guide To Blind, Black & Blue

A remarkable phenomenon in the history of the blues was the vast contribution made by blind musicians, whose legacy left a lasting impact on American music to this day. From ‘The Father Of The Texas Blues’ Blind Lemon Jefferson to slide guitar evangelist Blind Willie Johnson, this Rough Guide highlights the blind blues pioneers who, against all the odds and in the face of incredible adversity, were responsible for a musical revolution.

SIDE A: 1. Blind Blake: He's In The Jailhouse Now 2. Teddy Darby: Lawdy Lawdy Worried Blues 3. Blind Boy Fuller: Truckin' My Blues Away No. 2 (Take 2) 4. Blind Lemon Jefferson: See That My Grave Is Kept Clean 5. Sonny Terry: Harmonica Stomp 6. Blind Joe Reynolds: Third Street Woman Blues 7. Blind Joe Taggart: Religion Is Something Within You SIDE B: 1. Blind Willie McTell: Stomp Down Rider 2. Reverend Gary Davis: The Angels Message To Me 3. Willie Walker: South Carolina Rag (Take 2) 4. Blind Willie Johnson: Nobody's Fault But Mine 5. Blind Roosevelt Graves: Crazy About My Baby 6. Blind 'Gussie Nesbit: Pure Religion

Is this Rough Guide comp offensive or celebratory? There's some amazing music on here, for sure...

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 02 Mar 2019, 18:13

Regarding Roxy Music
Its not wilsons remix

More info here
https://www.disquaireday.fr/produit/rox ... sic-mixed/
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Mar 2019, 20:30

Count Machuki wrote:Ooh, I just noticed they're reissuing that Grodeck Whipperjenny record...good thing I didn't spend $400 on an OG copy!

Sho is Funky Down Here and The Grodeck Whipperjenny are a pair of albums that are the result of an unlikely but highly productive musical relationship between James Brown, a superstar at the creative and commercial peaks of his long career, and David Matthews, a then young arranger-musician whose limited professional experience had little or nothing to do with the funk and soul of his collaborator.

A psychedelic classic, created by his James Brown’s bandleader David Matthews, the first album issued on Brown’s famed People imprint. As progressive as it is funky, this album was issued in tandem with another Matthews project issued under Brown’s name – Sho Is Funky Down Here. One of the deepest albums in the Brown catalog, its story is finally told.

Lacquered directly from the original master tapes at Capitol Studios. This is the first official reissue of both of this rare titles.* Contains an extensive booklet with full annotation, liner notes by Brown historian Alan Leeds and never-before-published photos.

A friend of mine told me about these albums last year. I wasn't aware but now I want them.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Apr 2019, 18:47

SATURDAY!

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Apr 2019, 00:26

Jumper K and I will be joining the queues in Somerset at stupid O'clock. I am hoping to get the Groundhogs s set, the Trout Mask replica, the Roxy and the Blood on the tracks boot. I do not have high hopes of getting anything much. Should be fun trying though...
You don't like me...do you?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2019, 03:24

yomptepi wrote:Jumper K and I will be joining the queues in Somerset at stupid O'clock. I am hoping to get the Groundhogs s set, the Trout Mask replica, the Roxy and the Blood on the tracks boot. I do not have high hopes of getting anything much. Should be fun trying though...

Will drink be taken?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 09 Apr 2019, 07:30

Cocktails at 0630

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Apr 2019, 12:12

Splendid!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Apr 2019, 18:16

There's still a damn line up here at my local. It's quarter past one.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Apr 2019, 19:44

I got the Van Morrison "Alternate Astral Weeks That Sounds Exactly Like Regular Astral Weeks"
The Grodeck Whipperjenny
A Television Personalities comp (90-94)
Multiplication Rock

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Apr 2019, 20:46

Count Machuki wrote:Ooh, I just noticed they're reissuing that Grodeck Whipperjenny record...good thing I didn't spend $400 on an OG copy!

I was able to get both of these without standing in line. Listening to Sho Is Funky Down Here now. I also got the first Bernard Purdie reissue. That was it for me.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 13 Apr 2019, 21:03

I got the Grossdeck thingy. It’s rubbish. Last time I listen to you twonks.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 Apr 2019, 21:39

It's very ecelectic for sure. Sho Is Funky is better imo. Listening to Grodeck Whipperjenny now.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Apr 2019, 03:03

Jumper K wrote:I got the Grossdeck thingy. It’s rubbish. Last time I listen to you twonks.

:lol:

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Apr 2019, 14:41

My small but perfectly formed haul. I got everything I wanted and a Morrissey single. Fantastic. Such a nice day , mixing with some charming record buyers, and marveling at how well behaved they were in the frenzy of the pick. And I spent a fortune... :(

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Apr 2019, 14:42

Count Machuki wrote:
Jumper K wrote:I got the Grossdeck thingy. It’s rubbish. Last time I listen to you twonks.

:lol:

It was somewhat disappointing. Funk without the slightest trace of the funk...

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 15 Apr 2019, 08:14

yomptepi wrote:Image

Nice.
How do the Roxy and the Dylan LP’s sound?
Give a shit or be a shit.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 15 Apr 2019, 09:40

You think I am going to PLAY them?

Return to “Yakety Yak”