in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 15:20

:lol:

That's my Dad!

Though there would be the odd "fucking" dotted in there too
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 17:38

Coincidentally we just Skyped my Dad and stepmum and my stepmum was telling us of my Dad’s stern words the previous weekend when my (50 year old) stepbrother apparently committed the crime of leaving all the doors upstairs open. My Dad didn’t regret these words. ‘ HOW THE FUCKING HELL DOES HE THINK CENTRAL HEATING WORKS’ he added.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 23:32

Well fucking hell. I think I’ve mastered the art of baking tofu. Tastes fucking lush!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Feb 2019, 00:15

Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Feb 2019, 09:21

We have a daily conference call where we announce ourselves as "Pete Wallingford" etc etc.... We now have an acting manager called Gemma... who announces herself similarly. I haven't yet stopped smirking every morning when I hear "Gemma Wantage" etc... it reminds me instantly of this :

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1817

GemmaBBC :)
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Feb 2019, 14:55

Six String wrote:Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?

I actively dislike silken tofu. I can’t bear the texture or taste. It was the one downside to my Japanese holiday - I disliked almost everything I ordered.
I’ve been rolling tofu cubes in cornflour and then deep frying them in canola oil for the texture I want - chewy and crispy. It seems like a wasteful process as the oil never gets used again. At the weekend I followed a recipe where all the water is pressed out for hours, then I cubed it and put it in a bowl, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 of soy sauce, then 1 of cornflour, and put on a baking sheet in a 400 oven for half an hour, tossing once. Fantastic.

Dr Markus wrote:

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 25 Feb 2019, 19:04

I started intermediate fasting - or on/off diet, as I call it - with Lady N 10 days ago (one day with / one day without) and already lost about 10 lb.

But I had 230 lb so there's still work to do.

;)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Feb 2019, 19:14

The Remaining BCBers wrote:
Six String wrote:Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?

I actively dislike silken tofu. I can’t bear the texture or taste. It was the one downside to my Japanese holiday - I disliked almost everything I ordered.
I’ve been rolling tofu cubes in cornflour and then deep frying them in canola oil for the texture I want - chewy and crispy. It seems like a wasteful process as the oil never gets used again. At the weekend I followed a recipe where all the water is pressed out for hours, then I cubed it and put it in a bowl, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 of soy sauce, then 1 of cornflour, and put on a baking sheet in a 400 oven for half an hour, tossing once. Fantastic.

Sounds delicious. The woman I moved to California with in the 80s used to do something similar but I think she used wheat flour instead of corn flour. She would add them to stirfried veges and make a sauce from the juices created along eith corn starch to thicken it up. I can understand the feelings about the silky texture of fresh tofu. I've always wanted to make chocolate pudding with it but haven't yet.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Feb 2019, 15:29

Six String wrote:
The Remaining BCBers wrote:

Sounds delicious. The woman I moved to California with in the 80s used to do something similar but I think she used wheat flour instead of corn flour. She would add them to stirfried veges and make a sauce from the juices created along eith corn starch to thicken it up. I can understand the feelings about the silky texture of fresh tofu. I've always wanted to make chocolate pudding with it but haven't yet.

I’ve had tofu desserts and I like them. I just don’t like that texture in any other setting.

Dr Markus wrote:

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 Feb 2019, 18:08

I dozed off in my garden chair on the balcony in the sun this afternoon - it was 20*c - and I look like :oops:
Other hot news: I dried a load of clothes outdoors for the first time in winter 2019 and the central heating's been off all day (except early first thing for my shower) and my Rosa rugosa has come into bud.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 26 Feb 2019, 22:07

Just lucked-out in 5 Guys. Paid for the smallest portion of fries; actually got a massive portion. More than I can eat.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Feb 2019, 04:40

We got complimentary tickets to a local music award show tonight so we went and buggar me, there was Suzanne Vega and everything!

Dr Markus wrote:

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 01 Mar 2019, 20:53

There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 02 Mar 2019, 10:15

Polishgirl wrote:There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.

Particularly disturbing for Richard Ayoade, I imagine.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Mar 2019, 10:36

Hugh wrote:
Polishgirl wrote:There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.

Particularly disturbing for Richard Ayoade, I imagine.

:oops:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2019, 17:07

I’m in the supermarket in my pyjamas. I’m finally a Mericun.

Baron is fully dressed which sort of makes it look worse.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Mar 2019, 19:06

:o
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2019, 19:38

Six String wrote::o

HEB!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Mar 2019, 20:21

For shame! :shock:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 03 Mar 2019, 01:36

Ella Megalast Burls wrote:I’m in the supermarket in my pyjamas. I’m finally a Mericun.

Baron is fully dressed which sort of makes it look worse.

Sort of?

Return to “Nextdoorland”