MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Feb 2019, 00:41

:o



:lol:


:oops:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40552
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: NEXTDOORLAND THREAD - temporary home

Postby harvey k-tel » 23 Feb 2019, 15:18

The Remaining BCBers wrote:
harvey k-tel wrote:I'm going for a walk.


How was it?


Still walking...
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over
Posts: 5307
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 07:42
Location: Screwball Cultural Center

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby zoomboogity » 24 Feb 2019, 13:32

Button up your overcoat
when you take a pee.
just let go of yourself
and get it on your knee!
Image

"Quite."

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40552
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 24 Feb 2019, 14:20

One for Min:

An old Yorkshireman is lying in his bed dying. With a very weak voice he asks:
Is my wife here?
Yes, I am here.
Are my children here?
Yes, your children are all here.
Are my grandchildren here?
Yes grandad, we are all here.
- Then why is the light in the kitchen still on?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 15:20

:lol:

That's my Dad!

Though there would be the odd "fucking" dotted in there too
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 17:38

Coincidentally we just Skyped my Dad and stepmum and my stepmum was telling us of my Dad’s stern words the previous weekend when my (50 year old) stepbrother apparently committed the crime of leaving all the doors upstairs open. My Dad didn’t regret these words. ‘ HOW THE FUCKING HELL DOES HE THINK CENTRAL HEATING WORKS’ he added.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2019, 23:32

Well fucking hell. I think I’ve mastered the art of baking tofu. Tastes fucking lush!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String
Posts: 20428
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 25 Feb 2019, 00:15

Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68445
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Feb 2019, 09:21

We have a daily conference call where we announce ourselves as "Pete Wallingford" etc etc.... We now have an acting manager called Gemma... who announces herself similarly. I haven't yet stopped smirking every morning when I hear "Gemma Wantage" etc... it reminds me instantly of this :

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1817

GemmaBBC :)
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt.
Only four, Mr President, and you don't have my vote.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Feb 2019, 14:55

Six String wrote:Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?


I actively dislike silken tofu. I can’t bear the texture or taste. It was the one downside to my Japanese holiday - I disliked almost everything I ordered.
I’ve been rolling tofu cubes in cornflour and then deep frying them in canola oil for the texture I want - chewy and crispy. It seems like a wasteful process as the oil never gets used again. At the weekend I followed a recipe where all the water is pressed out for hours, then I cubed it and put it in a bowl, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 of soy sauce, then 1 of cornflour, and put on a baking sheet in a 400 oven for half an hour, tossing once. Fantastic.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Posts: 16858
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 11:11
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Neige » 25 Feb 2019, 19:04

I started intermediate fasting - or on/off diet, as I call it - with Lady N 10 days ago (one day with / one day without) and already lost about 10 lb.

But I had 230 lb so there's still work to do.

;)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Six String
Posts: 20428
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 25 Feb 2019, 19:14

The Remaining BCBers wrote:
Six String wrote:Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?


I actively dislike silken tofu. I can’t bear the texture or taste. It was the one downside to my Japanese holiday - I disliked almost everything I ordered.
I’ve been rolling tofu cubes in cornflour and then deep frying them in canola oil for the texture I want - chewy and crispy. It seems like a wasteful process as the oil never gets used again. At the weekend I followed a recipe where all the water is pressed out for hours, then I cubed it and put it in a bowl, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 of soy sauce, then 1 of cornflour, and put on a baking sheet in a 400 oven for half an hour, tossing once. Fantastic.


Sounds delicious. The woman I moved to California with in the 80s used to do something similar but I think she used wheat flour instead of corn flour. She would add them to stirfried veges and make a sauce from the juices created along eith corn starch to thicken it up. I can understand the feelings about the silky texture of fresh tofu. I've always wanted to make chocolate pudding with it but haven't yet.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Feb 2019, 15:29

Six String wrote:
The Remaining BCBers wrote:
Six String wrote:Have you had really fresh tofu? Less than 24 hrs old. It's very silky but not really great for baking. So what did you do to make it happen?


I actively dislike silken tofu. I can’t bear the texture or taste. It was the one downside to my Japanese holiday - I disliked almost everything I ordered.
I’ve been rolling tofu cubes in cornflour and then deep frying them in canola oil for the texture I want - chewy and crispy. It seems like a wasteful process as the oil never gets used again. At the weekend I followed a recipe where all the water is pressed out for hours, then I cubed it and put it in a bowl, added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 of soy sauce, then 1 of cornflour, and put on a baking sheet in a 400 oven for half an hour, tossing once. Fantastic.


Sounds delicious. The woman I moved to California with in the 80s used to do something similar but I think she used wheat flour instead of corn flour. She would add them to stirfried veges and make a sauce from the juices created along eith corn starch to thicken it up. I can understand the feelings about the silky texture of fresh tofu. I've always wanted to make chocolate pudding with it but haven't yet.


I’ve had tofu desserts and I like them. I just don’t like that texture in any other setting.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Blanche Hunt
Posts: 10755
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Blanche Hunt » 26 Feb 2019, 18:08

I dozed off in my garden chair on the balcony in the sun this afternoon - it was 20*c - and I look like :oops:
Other hot news: I dried a load of clothes outdoors for the first time in winter 2019 and the central heating's been off all day (except early first thing for my shower) and my Rosa rugosa has come into bud.

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3834
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Fonz » 26 Feb 2019, 22:07

Just lucked-out in 5 Guys. Paid for the smallest portion of fries; actually got a massive portion. More than I can eat.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Feb 2019, 04:40

We got complimentary tickets to a local music award show tonight so we went and buggar me, there was Suzanne Vega and everything!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 9458
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Polishgirl » 01 Mar 2019, 20:53

There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Hugh
Posts: 15811
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 02 Mar 2019, 10:15

Polishgirl wrote:There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.


Particularly disturbing for Richard Ayoade, I imagine.

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 9458
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Mar 2019, 10:36

Hugh wrote:
Polishgirl wrote:There's something disturbing about the fact that my mother and I both have a crush on Richard Ayoade.


Particularly disturbing for Richard Ayoade, I imagine.


:oops:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30593
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2019, 17:07

I’m in the supermarket in my pyjamas. I’m finally a Mericun.

Baron is fully dressed which sort of makes it look worse.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?