Your bucket list of bands to see live?

Do talk back
Geezee

Re: Your bucket list of bands to see live?

Postby Geezee » 03 Dec 2018, 09:07

Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I've seen most of my favourites apart from ELP, I saw them all solo but not as a group.

Bands I should've seen but missed were Magazine, Be Bop Deluxe, Lou Reed, The Skids

That I haven't yet seen but would like to Daft Punk and Scott Walker ( not going to happen)

I saw Lou Reed four times and can't honestly say any of those performances were unmissable. And the Velvets are probably my fave band of all time.

I saw him a year or so before he passed and he was pretty good - although by some distance the best performance was a more recent tune (Ecstasy).
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

pig bodine

Postby pig bodine » 03 Dec 2018, 20:08

Other than the Sex Pistols, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, I saw everyone I ever wanted to see that were active in the late 70’s to the early 90’s and played in the US.Nowadays there isn’t anyone I’d cross the street to piss on if they were on fire.

Dayodead

Postby Dayodead » 03 Dec 2018, 20:50

Living in Los Angeles my entire life, I have been fortunate to have ample opportunity to see most of the bands I would have wanted to see live (Imagine Bob and other denizens have similar experiences)...Can't think of anybody currently playing together, that I have missed, with the exception of newer bands (Haven't see many shows the past couple of years)...Maybe acts like Beach House, Flying Lotus, Warpaint, Cigarettes after Sex, Some of the Rachel Aggs projects (Shopping, Trash Kit, Sacred Paws)...Nobody I'm desperate to see, though..

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Dec 2018, 23:22

Actually there was one show announced that made me think "if I was the type of person to fly overseas for a concert, I might for that." It was the news of Colin Moulding & Terry Chambers doing shows together for the first time since 1982. I'm not sure how it would be but, the thought of it was pretty special.

The last time that happened was This Is Not This Heat on a festival bill with a tasty ATP lineup including Roky, Flamin Groovies with Roy Loney and others.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Robert

Postby Robert » 08 Dec 2018, 18:24

Just realised I would have loved to see the House Martins or Beautiful South

Scally Mcgrew
apparent poobah

Postby Scally Mcgrew » 08 Dec 2018, 23:24

Steely Dan - we had tickets to see them in 1974, but the concert was cancelled due to illness.

Marvin Gaye - as above, but in 1977.

Love and Money - one of my favourite bands.

The one 'concert' I would have loved to see is The Beatles rooftop session.
Know what really makes me mad? They clean me with a Brillo pad...

`

Postby ` » 09 Dec 2018, 09:09

Scally Mcgrew wrote:Steely Dan - we had tickets to see them in 1974, but the concert was cancelled due to illness.

Marvin Gaye - as above, but in 1977.

Love and Money - one of my favourite bands.

The one 'concert' I would have loved to see is The Beatles rooftop session.

Also had TX to see the Dan on the part-cancelled 74 tour. They didn't play live again for about 20 years.

Finally got to see them at Blues Fest at the 02 in Oct 2016. While pretty good, would rather have seen them
during teh Pretzel Logic era.

If you still have a hankering to see them, they're touring the UK with Steve Winwood in Feb 19

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 10 Dec 2018, 07:18

Band I wish I had not seen!
Faust in 2017
bloody awful, and its my favourite band
such a shame
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Dec 2018, 15:34

Darkness_Fish wrote:I couldn't even be bothered seeing Bauhaus when they did that a few years back. Never heard any of their new material, either.

If you do, duck.

https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/rockstjar ... n-konsert/

(via google translate)

The world-famous goth rock star Peter Murphy, 61, was thrown out by organizers from his concert at Nalen in Stockholm on Wednesday night. The rejection was preceded by throwing bottles from scene that injured a concert visitor in the face. When Murphy threw out, he ended up fighting with the guards.

Peter Murphy, with a past as frontman of the legendary rock band Bauhaus, appeared for 700 people on a sold-out Nalen.

According to a visitor DN talked with, Murphy was annoyed at the time when the audience talked and bought beer. He soon left to throw water bottles against audiences and scent technicians. One of them met a concert visitor on the chin so that blood clotting occurred. Another bottle met the mixer table, which resulted in the microphone ceasing to work. This made Peter Murphy even more angry.

"He was furious and stormed by the scene right after the song" Passion of lovers, "says DN's intelligence officer. He even complained about the lighting system in the room.

- When he left the stage and Nalen's staff announced that the concert broke, the audience bowed loudly.

Jennie Monie, Marketing and Communications Manager at Nalen, describes the situation as unsustainable.

"We immediately told him he would leave Nalen, but then it was a mess. He appeared hotly several times even against some concert visitors who remained in the room and screamed at them. The visitor who was injured by a sealed water bottle is now in contact with. It is a jacket that he was forced to go to a hospital for. It all ended that the artist had to leave the premises together with our order guards.

Did Murphy contend to leave the premises?

"He was upset and he took out the upset on our staff. He was aggressive and attacked our guards and struck them, why he was taken care of. He managed to beat one of the guards with a fist stroke in his face. Murphy ended up there on the sidewalk off the Nalen. Later he was taken in a taxi with his assistant and drove to his hotel, says Monie.

On an image spread in social media, Peter Murphy is in the stomach outside the concert hall surrounded by three order guards.

What did Murphy yell at their fans?

"There were a lot of things, but he was obviously very disappointed with his fans for some reason, screaming, among other things," you are not my audience! ".

What do you think triggered his anger?

- He thought that we were organizers who interrupted the concert, but it was his own staff who did it after the mixer table broke down.

Those in charge at Nalen are now trying to figure out what was happening by talking to both the audience, artist, management and the artist's agency.

"But the essential thing is that the artist behaved very badly," says Jennie Monie, emphasizing that the arrangements at Nalen are surrounded by a variety of security routines. It is for this reason that only the artists on stage have access to water bottles with cork to avoid potential damage.

Have you been to something similar to concerts?

- Never. Our bookkeeper who worked with music for twenty years has, in addition to a concert in Hultsfred, never ever been involved in anything like that. We can not understand how and what lies behind this. But as far as we know now, only one person in the audience has been injured.

What does your guardian say about Peter Murphy's behavior, do you suspect he was affected?

"He came to Nalen only minutes before the concert started, but nobody in our staff had before he began to behave really, really unworthy, some suspicions that something was wrong. But it feels like his behavior must come from something. Something was not right. A prosperous person does not scream at his fans and throws bottles, Jennie Monie points out.

The Bauhaus singer was convicted in 2013 in the United States for the corresponding three-year protection after a traffic accident. In his car, methamphetamine was then found.

Bauhaus was formed in 1978, the theatrical frontman was soon called "The Godfather of Goth" and appeared in the horror movie "The Hunger" (1983) - with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve in the roles - The "Bela Lugosi's Dead" of the band, one of the band's most celebrated songs . After the breakup of Bauhaus, Murphy has released a series of solo discs. The band has also been reunited several times, including 2005 when they performed at the Coachella Big Outdoor Festival in California.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 13 Dec 2018, 15:59

Geezee wrote:If you do, duck.

You're a bit over-familiar there, sweetums ;-)

I think Pete Murphy's always had this side to himt, if he doesn't get the crowd's full attention on stage. Or perhaps it's just in The Netherlands? I've got this bootleg from Bauhaus' early days, The Dutch Concerts, he gets quite snarky early on about the crowd not dancing. It goes from irritated asides from the stage to full on shouting abuse at the crowd. The gig finishes in such a tame, hurried fashion, you get the feeling the rest of the band would have been quite happy to leave him out there on his own.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Dec 2018, 16:23

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Geezee wrote:If you do, duck.

You're a bit over-familiar there, sweetums ;-)

I think Pete Murphy's always had this side to himt, if he doesn't get the crowd's full attention on stage. Or perhaps it's just in The Netherlands? I've got this bootleg from Bauhaus' early days, The Dutch Concerts, he gets quite snarky early on about the crowd not dancing. It goes from irritated asides from the stage to full on shouting abuse at the crowd. The gig finishes in such a tame, hurried fashion, you get the feeling the rest of the band would have been quite happy to leave him out there on his own.

:)

It's Sweden btw!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 13 Dec 2018, 19:14

Geezee wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I couldn't even be bothered seeing Bauhaus when they did that a few years back. Never heard any of their new material, either.

If you do, duck.

https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/rockstjar ... n-konsert/

(via google translate)

The world-famous goth rock star Peter Murphy, 61, was thrown out by organizers from his concert at Nalen in Stockholm on Wednesday night. The rejection was preceded by throwing bottles from scene that injured a concert visitor in the face. When Murphy threw out, he ended up fighting with the guards.

Peter Murphy, with a past as frontman of the legendary rock band Bauhaus, appeared for 700 people on a sold-out Nalen.

According to a visitor DN talked with, Murphy was annoyed at the time when the audience talked and bought beer. He soon left to throw water bottles against audiences and scent technicians. One of them met a concert visitor on the chin so that blood clotting occurred. Another bottle met the mixer table, which resulted in the microphone ceasing to work. This made Peter Murphy even more angry.

"He was furious and stormed by the scene right after the song" Passion of lovers, "says DN's intelligence officer. He even complained about the lighting system in the room.

- When he left the stage and Nalen's staff announced that the concert broke, the audience bowed loudly.

Jennie Monie, Marketing and Communications Manager at Nalen, describes the situation as unsustainable.

"We immediately told him he would leave Nalen, but then it was a mess. He appeared hotly several times even against some concert visitors who remained in the room and screamed at them. The visitor who was injured by a sealed water bottle is now in contact with. It is a jacket that he was forced to go to a hospital for. It all ended that the artist had to leave the premises together with our order guards.

Did Murphy contend to leave the premises?

"He was upset and he took out the upset on our staff. He was aggressive and attacked our guards and struck them, why he was taken care of. He managed to beat one of the guards with a fist stroke in his face. Murphy ended up there on the sidewalk off the Nalen. Later he was taken in a taxi with his assistant and drove to his hotel, says Monie.

On an image spread in social media, Peter Murphy is in the stomach outside the concert hall surrounded by three order guards.

What did Murphy yell at their fans?

"There were a lot of things, but he was obviously very disappointed with his fans for some reason, screaming, among other things," you are not my audience! ".

What do you think triggered his anger?

- He thought that we were organizers who interrupted the concert, but it was his own staff who did it after the mixer table broke down.

Those in charge at Nalen are now trying to figure out what was happening by talking to both the audience, artist, management and the artist's agency.

"But the essential thing is that the artist behaved very badly," says Jennie Monie, emphasizing that the arrangements at Nalen are surrounded by a variety of security routines. It is for this reason that only the artists on stage have access to water bottles with cork to avoid potential damage.

Have you been to something similar to concerts?

- Never. Our bookkeeper who worked with music for twenty years has, in addition to a concert in Hultsfred, never ever been involved in anything like that. We can not understand how and what lies behind this. But as far as we know now, only one person in the audience has been injured.

What does your guardian say about Peter Murphy's behavior, do you suspect he was affected?

"He came to Nalen only minutes before the concert started, but nobody in our staff had before he began to behave really, really unworthy, some suspicions that something was wrong. But it feels like his behavior must come from something. Something was not right. A prosperous person does not scream at his fans and throws bottles, Jennie Monie points out.

The Bauhaus singer was convicted in 2013 in the United States for the corresponding three-year protection after a traffic accident. In his car, methamphetamine was then found.

Bauhaus was formed in 1978, the theatrical frontman was soon called "The Godfather of Goth" and appeared in the horror movie "The Hunger" (1983) - with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve in the roles - The "Bela Lugosi's Dead" of the band, one of the band's most celebrated songs . After the breakup of Bauhaus, Murphy has released a series of solo discs. The band has also been reunited several times, including 2005 when they performed at the Coachella Big Outdoor Festival in California.

He threw a water bottle at the mixing board, shorting his own mike out? What an incredibly dumb thing to do. What's the encore, punching himself in the face? I was thinking of seeing him on the "40 Years of Bauhaus" tour coming soon, but I have to wonder if it's even going to happen now. I was lucky enough to see the full Bauhaus reunion around 2005, so only a minor disappointment if he has to check into the Betty Ford clinic or whatever soon.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 13 Dec 2018, 22:51

Geezee wrote:
It's Sweden btw!

D'oh, I overlooked the Stockholm mention, the link just looked Dutch.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 14 Dec 2018, 06:41

Geezee wrote:On an image spread in social media, Peter Murphy is in the stomach outside the concert hall surrounded by three order guards.

Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 14 Dec 2018, 10:40

ConnyOlivetti wrote:
Geezee wrote:On an image spread in social media, Peter Murphy is in the stomach outside the concert hall surrounded by three order guards.

Lagartija Nicked!

Would've been a great line in the Goth Sweeney.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 14 Dec 2018, 18:25

I just ordered tickets to see King Crimson next September in NYC. So, there’s one off the bucket list.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Return to “Yakety Yak”