Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Nov 2018, 19:04

I also have problems with "journalists" who have typos in the second graph of their stories. If they can't get spelling right, what else is wrong? It stinks of carelessness on all fronts, by extension.

Chait wrote:The most immediate and unsurprising thing this tells us is that Trump has mislead the public about this topic for a long time. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted on July 26, 2016. “I have nothing to with Russia. I have nothing to do with Russia — for anything,” he told reporters the next day. At a press conference the following January, Trump explained that he abstained from such dealings for the very sensible reason that it would be improper. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to, I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict.”
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 19:30

sloopjohnc wrote:I also have problems with "journalists" who have typos in the second graph of their stories. If they can't get spelling right, what else is wrong? It stinks of carelessness on all fronts, by extension.

Chait wrote:The most immediate and unsurprising thing this tells us is that Trump has mislead the public about this topic for a long time. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted on July 26, 2016. “I have nothing to with Russia. I have nothing to do with Russia — for anything,” he told reporters the next day. At a press conference the following January, Trump explained that he abstained from such dealings for the very sensible reason that it would be improper. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to, I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict.”

I'm not his biggest fan or anything, but he was senior editor at The New Republic and an assistant editor of The American Prospect. I don't think his credentials are suspect; he should proofread his blog better.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Nov 2018, 20:21

Snarfyguy wrote:

If this part is confirmed — and Cohen’s confession adds to its credibility — then it will show direct cooperation during the campaign between Trump’s lawyer and Russians involved in the covert campaign to help elect him. This is yet another possible channel for collusion.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... deals.html

So much equivocating presented as news.

See, Cohen lying seems factual and so it's report-able, as is Trump doing business in Russia. The rest and the whole Russia-gate story (election interference/collusion) is conspiracy theorizing at it's finest! Fact: This whole blame Russia case was made up by the Clinton campaign (see Robbie Mook) to explain how she lost. It's on HER!

From Shattered.

That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 29 Nov 2018, 20:55

Jimbo wrote:So much equivocating presented as news.

It's not news and it's not presented as news; it's analysis.

He wrote "Where this leads remains to be seen, as always," because what everybody wants to know isn't what happened, but what it means, what it portends. I don't think Jonathan Chait claims to have the answers but his musings are by no means fantastic.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Nov 2018, 20:59

So, Cohen is Pleading guilty to lying about imaginary stuff he didn’t do?
I know things are good and weird but that just doesn’t smell right.
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Nov 2018, 00:20

Sneelock wrote:So, Cohen is Pleading guilty to lying about imaginary stuff he didn’t do?
I know things are good and weird but that just doesn’t smell right.

And apparently, they just found some emails between Cohen and Trump Jr. where they had denied conversations.

And Trump was in negotiations with Russia for Putin penthouse and hotels well into his campaign.

The house of toothpicks is beginning to fall apart.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Nov 2018, 00:42

you can say that again. THIS guy supposedly was Donald J's tax attorney for years.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alderman-e ... 018-11-29/
uggy poopy doody.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Nov 2018, 02:43

Snarfyguy wrote:If these guys didn't do anything wrong, why is there so much lying about it?

"Says who?"

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Nov 2018, 03:25

Today's lawfare podcast is pretty good, if you have an hour to spare while you're cookin and cleanin or whatever.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-pod ... oscow-plea
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Nov 2018, 07:06

sloopjohnc wrote:
And Trump was in negotiations with Russia for Putin penthouse and hotels well into his campaign.

And the Russians shot the deal down.

I don't mind going after Trump (or Clinton) but don't scapegoat Russia for our politicians follies.
Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 30 Nov 2018, 07:58

so SERIOUSLY now there's a chance that Donny might be in trouble?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Nov 2018, 08:57

The Bulfine Papers (1917) wrote:so SERIOUSLY now there's a chance that Donny might be in trouble?

No. Don't worry, ol' Donny's cool. He's got impeachment insurance. Mike Pence.
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 30 Nov 2018, 09:54

Jimbo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

And the Russians shot the deal down.

Guess it makes a change from shooting down passenger jets...

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Nov 2018, 12:18

The Bulfine Papers (1917) wrote:so SERIOUSLY now there's a chance that Donny might be in trouble?

I don’t think Mueller thinks he can indict a sitting President, and if the House votes to impeach him, the Senate won’t vote to convict, barring a massive bombshell. So no.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Nov 2018, 15:17

This is a pretty good breakdown of how the Cohen plea affects things and where the investigations stand right now.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-read-mi ... ganization

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 30 Nov 2018, 17:59

The position put forward by many 'republicans' on the Mueller investigation appears to be: we want the investigation to continue, but this can't keep going on for as long as Mueller wants or needs. We need results! Hurry it up! But by all means, take your time. Be thorough.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Nov 2018, 18:13

LeBaron wrote:This is a pretty good breakdown of how the Cohen plea affects things and where the investigations stand right now.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-read-mi ... ganization

Interesting. On MSNBC this morning, they said that, while this wasn't illegal, it could fall under "Contempt of Congress," and "Abuse of the office," and like Nixon, Trump could be listed as an unindicted co-conspirator. That's where they said this thing might be headed. The first notch on the gun.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Nov 2018, 18:40

All federal workers have received a memo warning that they cannot discuss the possibility of Donald Trump being impeached at work, reports the New York Times.

The memo went out Wednesday to about 2 million workers.

The memo said it was “illegal for them to participate in such discussions at work,” the Times reports.

This is the first time such a memo has been sent out, the paper reports, and critics say it’s overreaching.

“Advocating for a candidate to be impeached, and thus potentially disqualified from holding federal office, is clearly directed at the failure of that candidate’s campaign for federal office,” the memo said.

Because Trump is already running for re-election in 2020, the letter contends that arguments about his policies or impeachment prospects are “effectively statements in support or opposition to his campaign,” the paper reports.

The memo also tells workers they cannot use the word “resist.”

“We understand that the ‘resistance’ and ‘#resist’ originally gained prominence shortly after President Trump’s election in 2016 and generally related to efforts to oppose administration policies,”the letter said. “However, ‘resistance,’ ‘#resist’ and similar terms have become inextricably linked with the electoral success (or failure) of the president.”

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 30 Nov 2018, 19:00

The Corps of Engineers might engineer a coup... deep, DEEP state. Never met a geophysicist that could be trusted...
Last edited by $P.Muff$ on 30 Nov 2018, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Nov 2018, 19:06

That’s pretty crazy. Federal employees definitely have curbed 1st Amendment rights at work, but some of that is a pretty big stretch.

Return to “Nextdoorland”