7%
DD
12%

Total votes: 42

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: **WORST TASTE IN MUSIC**

Postby yomptepi » 07 Nov 2018, 00:02

Darkness_Fish wrote:Ooh, ya sneaky bastards. Right, hang on, I'm about to take a selfie with my copy of T'Pau's Bridge of Spies...

You are already winning...
You don't like me...do you?

algroth

Postby algroth » 07 Nov 2018, 04:05

The Modernist wrote:Darkness Fish gets a lot of the flak because he's the most high profile in his posting style, but I would put Joels and Algroth alongside him, although I think the latter two are even more arcane and extreme in their tastes than Fish. I think my tastes are almost opposite to all those guys so I have very little common ground with them musically. But I like the fact they stand up for what they like.

I will say you've voted for at least half of the tracks I've selected in the 70s cup so far. :)

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Nov 2018, 07:14

algroth wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Darkness Fish gets a lot of the flak because he's the most high profile in his posting style, but I would put Joels and Algroth alongside him, although I think the latter two are even more arcane and extreme in their tastes than Fish. I think my tastes are almost opposite to all those guys so I have very little common ground with them musically. But I like the fact they stand up for what they like.

I will say you've voted for at least half of the tracks I've selected in the 70s cup so far. :)

:lol: :D

You're just about to beat me in round six too!

algroth

Postby algroth » 07 Nov 2018, 07:43

The Modernist wrote:
algroth wrote:

:lol: :D

You're just about to beat me in round six too!

Sorry man. :D :|

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 07 Nov 2018, 15:08

believe they all have some redeeming qualities in their musical tastes. Opinions on the music they hate would be another story I have a bigger problem with those pathetic opinions.

Guess I would have to post more to be thought of in a worst taste thread. :lol:

driftin

Postby driftin » 07 Nov 2018, 15:43

I'd be offended for not being on the list if I wasn't so apathetic. It's that apathy which got me excluded in the first place because I reckon if I posted more you'd all see that for over a decade Fishy has influenced half of my taste but on top of that I think I also listen to more random electronic bleeping and noise than him. Not only has his taste influenced mine, it basically provided a large portion of what I consider some of my favourite albums and bands of all-time these days and I owe him a lot for that. I think I've provided some new stuff in return.

FIsh, keep doing what you're doing. It got through.

Algroth and Joel are also pretty close friends of mine and have been for ages. I dislike the proggy stuff they swoon over but the rest of their taste is quite similar and they've also given me lots of insight and influenced a fair amount of my taste. They're much more open to infernal rackets and weirdness than most and that's why they're friends of mine, even if they also like bands that dress up as wizards.

algroth

Postby algroth » 07 Nov 2018, 15:57

driftin wrote:even if they also like bands that dress up as wizards.

Those are the dankest bands, man! :D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Nov 2018, 16:15

the masked man wrote:I’m absolutely disgusted I’m not a candidate given my weakness for unlistenable post-punk and cheesy Euro-metal. Plus I have a couple of Skunk Anansie singles...

I'd vote for you, if it's any consolation.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 07 Nov 2018, 18:13

I'm uncertain whether it's a good or a bad thing not to have received a single vote here. Is that the rest of BCB just doesn't care anymore?

I see that there is the usual victimisation of Rother. I don't think that anyone, with the possible exception of Googa, gets so much vitriol for simply saying what he likes in music.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 07 Nov 2018, 19:40

Purgatory Brite wrote:I'm uncertain whether it's a good or a bad thing not to have received a single vote here. Is that the rest of BCB just doesn't care anymore?

I see that there is the usual victimisation of Rother. I don't think that anyone, with the possible exception of Googa, gets so much vitriol for simply saying what he likes in music.

I think his taste is more secondary to Coan's dislike for him, just like this whole debate about musical taste is secondary to the reason this thread exists; singling out some people Coan actively dislikes and add a few just for good measure to cover his steps. He uses Rother's musical taste the same way he bullied Kal off the board by harping on that he was bald.
I guess this kind of shit doesn't fly over at Cooked & Bombed so this is the only place he can act out on it.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 07 Nov 2018, 20:13

Bullying and bald jokes are very much Cookd & Bombd’s lingua franca.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 07 Nov 2018, 20:21

the bile flowing wrote:Bullying and bald jokes are very much Cookd & Bombd’s lingua franca.

With a nom-de-plume like that I shouldn't be surprised.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Nov 2018, 21:15

never/ever wrote:
Purgatory Brite wrote:I'm uncertain whether it's a good or a bad thing not to have received a single vote here. Is that the rest of BCB just doesn't care anymore?

I think his taste is more secondary to Coan's dislike for him, just like this whole debate about musical taste is secondary to the reason this thread exists; singling out some people Coan actively dislikes and add a few just for good measure to cover his steps. He uses Rother's musical taste the same way he bullied Kal off the board by harping on that he was bald.
I guess this kind of shit doesn't fly over at Cooked & Bombed so this is the only place he can act out on it.

I consider Coan putting me on this list a badge of honor. Do people really take his critiques that seriously?

I'm surprised he's never used Ozymandias as one of his aliases.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 00:16

sloopjohnc wrote:
never/ever wrote:

I consider Coan putting me on this list a badge of honor. Do people really take his critiques that seriously?

Only humourless dimwits.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 Nov 2018, 00:17

I don't think he is victimised. He wouldn't be here if he thought he was being victimised. He just has terrible taste in music, and I think he celebrates every time he posts in Prog corner. Good for him.

There are many here who dislike him a lot more because he is tory.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 00:19

He's an angry old get
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 Nov 2018, 00:21

RELD-LOMAX inc. wrote:He's an angry old get

Hardly a rarity around here...

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Nov 2018, 10:02

never/ever wrote:I think his taste is more secondary to Coan's dislike for him, just like this whole debate about musical taste is secondary to the reason this thread exists; singling out some people Coan actively dislikes and add a few just for good measure to cover his steps. He uses Rother's musical taste the same way he bullied Kal off the board by harping on that he was bald.

At least someone else gets it and isn't scared to mention it.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 08 Nov 2018, 10:38

yomptepi wrote:

I don't think he is victimised. He wouldn't be here if he thought he was being victimised. He just has terrible taste in music, and I think he celebrates every time he posts in Prog corner. Good for him.

There are many here who dislike him a lot more because he is tory.

Again Yomp nails it.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 10:45

Diamond Dog wrote:
never/ever wrote:I think his taste is more secondary to Coan's dislike for him, just like this whole debate about musical taste is secondary to the reason this thread exists; singling out some people Coan actively dislikes and add a few just for good measure to cover his steps. He uses Rother's musical taste the same way he bullied Kal off the board by harping on that he was bald.

At least someone else gets it and isn't scared to mention it.

:lol:

If you're a regular here, having a sense of humour is more important than ever, but at the same time it's less evident in the regulars than it ever was.

Return to “Nextdoorland”