Postby Jumper K » 23 Oct 2018, 18:25

There are bigger morons on BCB than these 2 tossers

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Bigger moron

Postby kath » 23 Oct 2018, 18:31

$P.Muff$ wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
$P.Muff$ wrote:You've been a member here for a while, and you aren't blowing anyone's mind or picking up new recruits. You're just being an annoying pest for the sake of it. It sucks. And it's sad. My suggestion would be to ride your bike more and post a lot less.

All true. I am not blowing anyone's mind, and I do seem like a pest, and it does suck, and it is sad. Yet still I'm compelled. I'm not a writer nor do I have any grand plan to convert you to my politics or to my way of thinking. But maybe I'm like a driven artist, a person who must create. Maybe I see you guys as my canvas, my chapel ceiling because you are oddly (to me) the most stubborn, most closed minded, challenging - but still smart, funny and friendly bunch on the internet. How there are all of you - and then me is odd, I think. I can say here that I can take a hint. But my history shows I can't. I'd like to just buzz off from here - I really would - but it's hard. Oh, well, we'll see. Thanks.

I think the flaw in your thinking is allowing yourself to frame the situation as 'Them v. Me'.

And no one is stopping you from being an artist or writer other than yourself, but you can't expect other people to be your canvas unless you're lookin' to be a cult leader.

And it seems as though most folks here genuinely like you as a person - I do. Just go take up bonsai or something and get happy.

i think jimbo has many likable traits. it's just that logic isn't one of them. if he doesn't have that, he can't recognize the lack of it in his sources.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 23 Oct 2018, 18:48

Well, this doesn't start off with a question that can be answered so simply. First off, neither of you are morons. But whereas Pete has had his share of run-ins at certain board members, he keeps it to them, and some of them I see as good-humored ribbing, although I may be a bit naive about the "good-humored" part. Whereas you tarnish all of us as being "less perceptive" for "trusting the media" and their coverage of news stories, while you're The Intrepid Reporter who finds the "real truth" - newsflash: those alternative websites you dig up are as much part of "the media" as anything else. How does it feel to have chumped yourself? You won't be winning the Edward R. Murrow Award any time soon, so it would be a good idea to knock it off, if only for the sake of your sanity.

I don't have a problem with you doing that, as I've finally lost interest in any of it and don't even read it anymore. But I really wish you'd tone it down when a general tragedy makes the news, and people actually die as a result. Sometimes I'll be out on the road with the radio on and hear one of these news stories, and I think, "What insensitive shit does Jimbo have to say about this? How much will he double down when people start calling him out?" Then I get home and log in, and sure enough, whoops, you did it again. Say what you will about any subject, but do it with a little more heart. And if having a heart means you can't write what's on your mind, then just shut up about it. As I told you once, you live in an area where both earthquakes and nuclear fallout are clear and present dangers. Should you or your wife develop cancer as a result of the radiation from Fukushima, I'd like to see how you react from someone posting the same bilge as you. Especially when you get home from taking your wife to a chemotherapy session. My guess is that you wouldn't care for it much. But as nasty as this may sound, after all the things you've said over the years, you have so got it coming.

Other than that, I like your sense of humor and your thoughts on the music you enjoy. That's the Jimbo that people here like, the one that "people would enjoy having a beer with" were they to meet up with you in person. I'm sure that if you were to visit LA, we'd all be glad to treat you to a good time, and we'd have so much fun that conspiracy theories probably wouldn't even enter the conversation. Stick with that Jimbo, because the "I have my sources" Jimbo isn't even funny anymore. The fact that I even spent the time to write it tells me that you're still worth the attempt at communicating. Please prove me right. :D

(please excuse all the edits - I need to go eat.)
Last edited by zoomboogity on 23 Oct 2018, 19:01, edited 4 times in total.

"Quite."

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 23 Oct 2018, 18:49

BCB, why so argumentative? Can we not just agree they’re both morons and move on?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Oct 2018, 18:52

zoomboogity wrote:Other than that, I like your sense of humor and your thoughts on the music you enjoy. That's the Jimbo that people here like, the one that "people would enjoy having a beer with" were they to meet up with you in person. I'm sure that if you were to visit LA, we'd all be glad to treat you to a good time, and we'd have so much fun that conspiracy theories probably wouldn't even enter the conversation. Stick with that Jimbo, because the "I have my sources" Jimbo isn't even funny anymore. The fact that I even spent the time to write it tells me that you're still worth the attempt at communicating. Please prove me right. :D

(wiggle my finger and talk in scratchy voice) Jimbo isn't here anymore, Mrs. Torrence.
Last edited by Sneelock on 23 Oct 2018, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 23 Oct 2018, 18:59

"Conspiracy? Perhaps. Baloney? Perhaps not."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Oct 2018, 09:13

So much to chew on here and I appreciate all the brain power some of you have put to setting me straight. Extra credit to Goat Boy whose advice to turn off the internet was sage but I'm afraid not sensible. I tried. I even went as far as actually shutting down my machine and doing some housework but then I realized my boss may have contacted me via email and so on went the machine. And then I had a peek at what more of you said. Then I saw a new Jimmy Dore video and then a Politicon debate with Cenk Uger and Tucker Carlson and my mind was back in its reel.

There actually is an alternative way to look at current events and politics. To dismiss it all as "conspiracy theorizing" is close-minded IMO. Via these alternative sites I learn there is often more to these stories than a headline. It's like when I read history and see how such and such a despot had actual reasons for doing some bad shit and suddenly a light goes on in a tunnel that had been dark. The point is I learn more about these events by visiting these sites. I don't immediately dismiss what BBC, etc., says. The sites I visit often cite what they had said and then expand or debunk. Think of it as media criticism - and we all know cases where they got stories wrong - sometimes with disastrous consequences. Besides, so many mainstream sites load so frustratingly slowly with their ads and graphics I often pass.

I got my start as a kid reading Consumer Reports and got a kick out of them ripping the shit out of American cars. In a way that was political criticism considering all the bluster of how great "Made With Pride In The USA" cars were but the blusterers were lying and CR - a magazine for consumers, us, the little guys - was telling the hard truth. American cars did suck. I guess I might have gotten into a similar pickle as here if I had told a new Cadillac owner face to face, "Hey Mister, according to CR yours was the lowest rated 1972 car in the luxury sedan category." He'd find out soon enough but then why hadn't he simply read a review before buying?

The point is that I don't hope I and my WWIII predicting sites are right but if you think the world is on a path to glory or even on a muddy track from which we'll somehow but surely extricate ourselves I have info that will disabuse you of your optimism. Unless there is some radical change in consciousness, that we consider all intelligent opinions open and aware of the cold hard facts, then IMO, you are fooling yourself. You are buying an American car.

And come on. Do we or do we not like to argue here? I love it and I come to the arguments with citations, my alternative sites. Rolling eyes and insults are cop-outs. And Davey will attest that I have from time to time backed down under the force of his pragmatic wisdom. But he, too, cops-out, dismissing out of hand what Dore or Caitlin has to say. I wouldn't post it if it wasn't compelling no matter the pedigree of the venue.

But my doings here are a bit much, right? Sometimes I am insensitive toward victims of disasters. That's wrong. Sorry. I will be more considerate going forward but I won't stop - unless you kick my ass off. I love this place and all of you guys so let's carry on arguing and challenging one another.

That's my side of the story.

The bigger moron,

Jimbo
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 25 Oct 2018, 01:10

Jimbo wrote:And Davey will attest that I have from time to time backed down under the force of his pragmatic wisdom. But he, too, cops-out, dismissing out of hand what Dore or Caitlin has to say.

So we already know that Dore was a comedian. What can you tell us about Caitlin Johnstone previous to 2016?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 25 Oct 2018, 02:18

My "issue," if it can be characterized as such, is that certain topics just get sucked down into a rabbit hole of debating the relative merits of what Jimbo posts instead of being a discussion of the thing itself. I'm all for everyone voicing an opinion, but Jimbo's posts seem to eclipse their own topic and there's just too much heavy lifting in debunking all the junk he seems to need to bring to the table.

It's just rhetorical clutter, and I'm tired of it.

This has nothing to do with Jimbo as a person, or persona, here on BCB, whom I otherwise have plenty of good will toward (unless it's that Sandy Hook "truther" shit, which really makes me see red).

My two cents.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Oct 2018, 20:38

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And Davey will attest that I have from time to time backed down under the force of his pragmatic wisdom. But he, too, cops-out, dismissing out of hand what Dore or Caitlin has to say.

So we already know that Dore was a comedian. What can you tell us about Caitlin Johnstone previous to 2016?

I've read and watched enough of that stuff to feel entitled to my opinion that "dismissing out of hand" is precisely what Jimmy Dore & Caitlin Johnstone do. you either agree with their entire world view or you're a dupe and a chump. so, I'm a dupe and a chump. how productive is this, really? I don't know that it's meant to be. It seems to me that they are mainly engaged in preaching to the already converted. they aren't reaching out to us so can you really blame us for not being receptive to them?

I think JD is funny but, more that that, I get where he's coming from. we've always had these guys on the left — the people that tell you if you vote for the people in power then you are part of the problem. well, I think there's a "put up or shut up" shelf date on this sort of stuff. we go to the polls in two fuckin' weeks. what you got, man? gripes. gripes is what you got. you gripe - I'll vote.

As for CJ, I think she makes Robert Parry look like Edward R. Murrow. my opinion again -- she's as bad as somebody like Glenn Beck -- any info that doesn't further her agenda may as well not exist. I find that sloppy and hard to take seriously.

I think this is an "everybody sucks" strategy and that it's for the birds.
Last edited by Sneelock on 25 Oct 2018, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Oct 2018, 20:49

Jimbo wrote:I stack my version of truth telling against his inanity.

Fixed for you.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Oct 2018, 20:55

Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:When I feel compelled to say, “listen to Goat Boy” - you know the universe is off its axis.

:lol:

Words to live by.

First thing I thought of.

Everyone's so down on Jimbo, yet the poll is closer than you'd think.

Thoughts?

Some people have it in for DD, either humorously to wind him up (not that that will bother him) or because they don't like him. I've never understood the antipathy myself, he's one of our best posters.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 25 Oct 2018, 20:57

First Googs, now that.

Bloody hell G.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Oct 2018, 21:02

the bile flowing wrote:First Googs, now that.

Bloody hell G.

Embrace the dog Nev.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Oct 2018, 21:19

The Modernist wrote:

Bloody hell G.

Embrace the dog Nev.

Wear a flea collar.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

`

Postby ` » 26 Oct 2018, 08:17

Matt Wilson wrote:Honestly, I never read Jimbo's stuff. I don't know why you guys would entertain things like that. And your comment about mental illness and conspiracy theory nuts is true, as I knew a guy like that for years. He lived out of his car in fact. Later on he was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

So why is Pete one vote behind? :lol: He must have some REAL haters here.

Given that so many BCBers have multiple aliases and use them to vote against people they don't like your faith in the accuracy of polls like this is touching in the extreme.

Personally, think polls like this are unpleasant and unnecessarily divisive. This is especially true when the vote has been initiated by one of the two people
it singles out.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 26 Oct 2018, 14:16

That's simply not true, caramba (and who the fuck are you, anyway? Sounds like an alias to me). Every BCBer I know is steadfast and true - and would never use an alias to vote against a brother BCBer.

FOR SHAME!!!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Oct 2018, 14:54

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Bloody hell G.

Embrace the dog Nev.

Wear a flea collar.

Or a sleeveless tee.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Oct 2018, 15:40

Bloody hell G.

I knew he'd lost the plot when he backed Corbyn.

This merely reaffirms it.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 16:30

Diamond Dog wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Embrace the dog Nev.

Wear a flea collar.

Or a sleeveless tee.

:lol:

I just laughed out loud at my work cubicle reading this.

Someone asked me what was so funny and I replied, "Just some moron. . ."
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Return to “Nextdoorland”