MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby yomptepi » 09 Oct 2018, 00:09

Six String wrote:I'm happy to report I got some sleep last night, the first since Wednesday night! It was only an hour or two but when I awoke at 3:50 this morning it felt bizarre to realize I had been unconscious for some time. Nausea is gone and I feel I am over the worse part. This morning I made my favorite green tea and listened to Eno's The Ship, I'm Set Free was particularly poignant. I can't believe how much better I feel this morning. I think I can see the finish line.

Brilliant news Les. I hope your recovery continues apace.
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Oct 2018, 18:33

I'm interviewing for communications manager for a regional transit agency that services 175,000 people a day and over 52 million a year.

Having been in the industry before, I'm doing some prep work for this afternoon's interview by looking at their most recent ridership study.

12 routes in Oakland and Berkeley comprise over 50% of daily riders so I hope to have that little factoid in my bag of tricks when talking to them.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Oct 2018, 20:02

Nick?? Dougie?? wrote:
Six String wrote:I stopped my oxycontin completely three days ago after weaning myself down from 160mg/day to 15 mg/day since March. By Monday I should be over the hump as they say but right now feeling pretty shitty but Rebecca is here with me to keep an eye on me. I won't bother with my symptoms but safe to say it is one of the worse things I've ever felt outside of the neck pain that started this whole mess. The good thing is my neck pain is pretty mild so far so it won't need these drugs anymore. At least for me I'll never let anyone prescribe them to me again. I don't ever want to go through this again.

See you on the other side.

I’m so happy for you Les! This is amazing.

There were some brutal days. Three hours of sleep total over four days. Last night I finally got 4-5 hrs which is the most at one time for a week so I've been pretty compromised.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 11 Oct 2018, 00:30

Sounds like you are through the worst of it, Les. I hope you have found other ways to manage the pain effectively and can move on.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Oct 2018, 15:46

Hugh wrote:Sounds like you are through the worst of it, Les. I hope you have found other ways to manage the pain effectively and can move on.

Thanks. Today I'm feeling pretty normal though I've only been up for 45 minutes. This is day eight so I should be done with most symptoms. Rough road and glad I'm at the end of it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 11 Oct 2018, 16:46

Really wishing you all the best, Les, and that the road ahead is much easier for ya. Keep swinging mate!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 11 Oct 2018, 16:50

And you too, MM. Keep swinging mate, take it day by day and remember there is always someone to talk to.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2018, 17:17

Man, got a gout flare up last night. Problem is, I can't think of the trigger of anything I ate or drank to cause it. I'm very careful these days.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Oct 2018, 18:47

sloopjohnc wrote:Man, got a gout flare up last night. Problem is, I can't think of the trigger of anything I ate or drank to cause it. I'm very careful these days.

I've heard BCB can cause gout.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2018, 21:40

Wally Bingbang wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Man, got a gout flare up last night. Problem is, I can't think of the trigger of anything I ate or drank to cause it. I'm very careful these days.

I've heard BCB can cause gout.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Oct 2018, 16:51

Beautiful weather in the Bay Area this weekend. I shot around at a local school's outside courts two days in a row. Haven't done that in awhile.

I used to go down to the park near my house nearly every night to get a couple shots up.

Bought a new ball so now I have less excuse.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Oct 2018, 20:55

I just found $540 in a piece of furniture I photographed!

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Oct 2018, 21:14

Party at John's!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Oct 2018, 22:16

Six String wrote:Party at John's!

It will be spent by the time we get there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Oct 2018, 15:59

We can access YouTube on our TV, and every morning, my son watches YouTube star PewDiePie videos. I asked my son what was the attraction, because I see none.

Then, I thought about it, and my parents thought the same thing about SNL, Cheech and Chong, Richard Pryor, and George Carlin.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Oct 2018, 16:07

Wally Bingbang wrote:I just found $540 in a piece of furniture I photographed!

It's a reefer legalization miracle!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Oct 2018, 16:17

Count Machuki wrote:
Wally Bingbang wrote:I just found $540 in a piece of furniture I photographed!

It's a reefer legalization miracle!

Innovative vote reward scheme too.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Oct 2018, 16:53

Yesterday, my ex texted me and said she needed her car washed and asked me where she should go. I texted back a drive-thru car wash, but she said she gets claustrophobic. Whatever. I then mentioned a place that does hand car washes, but I got a text what she really wanted. She asked me if I could do it.

I texted back that it was a car wash, it wasn't detonating a bomb or transporting plutonium, and she could do it.

I ended up taking it to one of those do it yourself car washes that I take mine too. The only hassle is finding $4.50 in quarters to do the outside and vacuum the inside.

But it's one of the reasons I ask my daughter if mom happens to be seeing anyone. Let the other sucker wash her car.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Oct 2018, 19:08

I was just in the company communal kitchen and an engineering tech mentioned to me, "Thanks for all the work."

I barely did anything for the last trade show, but said, "No problem. Happy to do it."

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 19 Oct 2018, 21:44

sloopjohnc wrote:I was just in the company communal kitchen and an engineering tech mentioned to me, "Thanks for all the work."

I barely did anything for the last trade show, but said, "No problem. Happy to do it."

The vice president at work stopped by my area last week and started going on about how much the company appreciates "all my hard work" and stuff like that, which is very nice and is something that never really happens except when they hand out the christmas bonuses, but I was really taken by surprise and could only parrot back a few things he had already said to me about how difficult some things were to photograph, etc. I kinda wish I'd had my wits about me, but oh well...

Return to “Nextdoorland”