MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2018, 01:50

Six String wrote:I stopped my oxycontin completely three days ago after weaning myself down from 160mg/day to 15 mg/day since March. By Monday I should be over the hump as they say but right now feeling pretty shitty but Rebecca is here with me to keep an eye on me. I won't bother with my symptoms but safe to say it is one of the worse things I've ever felt outside of the neck pain that started this whole mess. The good thing is my neck pain is pretty mild so far so it won't need these drugs anymore. At least for me I'll never let anyone prescribe them to me again. I don't ever want to go through this again.

See you on the other side.

I'm genuinely impressed. Best wishes for this last bit!

And Felix, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Been a rough year, hasn't it?

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Oct 2018, 14:57

I'm happy to report I got some sleep last night, the first since Wednesday night! It was only an hour or two but when I awoke at 3:50 this morning it felt bizarre to realize I had been unconscious for some time. Nausea is gone and I feel I am over the worse part. This morning I made my favorite green tea and listened to Eno's The Ship, I'm Set Free was particularly poignant. I can't believe how much better I feel this morning. I think I can see the finish line.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 07 Oct 2018, 17:12

Godspeed, SS!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2018, 18:23

Six String wrote:I stopped my oxycontin completely three days ago after weaning myself down from 160mg/day to 15 mg/day since March. By Monday I should be over the hump as they say but right now feeling pretty shitty but Rebecca is here with me to keep an eye on me. I won't bother with my symptoms but safe to say it is one of the worse things I've ever felt outside of the neck pain that started this whole mess. The good thing is my neck pain is pretty mild so far so it won't need these drugs anymore. At least for me I'll never let anyone prescribe them to me again. I don't ever want to go through this again.

Good luck, Les. I've been in recovery meetings and the people kicking opioids have a way tougher time than people kicking alcohol.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Oct 2018, 20:16

sloopjohnc wrote:

Good luck, Les. I've been in recovery meetings and the people kicking opioids have a way tougher time than people kicking alcohol.

I've never kicked alcohol but I'm sure you are right. I'm still not through this but the worsed seems to be over. Rebecca has been a great help and partner through this. This will mean I'll have to coordinate a variety of thngs to keep my neck from requiring heavy meds but I'll do just about anything after this. I'm glad I took as long as I did weaning myself off the drug as it probably has reduced my symtoms and made it a little easier for me. I also think it might be easier for someone to kick opiates when they are medically drven as opposed to simply getting high.

I'm feeling well enough today to make my Bolognese sauce ala Marcella Hazan which takes about five hours.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Oct 2018, 20:16

LeBaron wrote:Godspeed, SS!

Thanks Michael!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2018, 23:03

Six String wrote:I'm feeling well enough today to make my Bolognese sauce ala Marcella Hazan which takes about five hours.

:lol:

I guess that's a better test than changing a flat tire. More enjoyable, anyway.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 07 Oct 2018, 23:34

Good job Les, keep up the good work
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 08 Oct 2018, 19:10

Just broke down in tears at a coffee shop. I've had a lot of problems with depression and I thought I was making progress but now I feel at step one again. I see my counsellor again on Friday, but I think I need to use the telephone helpline she's given me tonight.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Oct 2018, 19:32

the masked man wrote:I see my counsellor again on Friday, but I think I need to use the telephone helpline she's given me tonight.

Please do, mm.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 08 Oct 2018, 20:37

I hope you rang the number mm.

Stay safe.
Give a shit or be a shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 21:11

Make the call, MM.

On a different note, we recently started letting our cat out on our apartment deck. We didn't for months, because he crawls up on the roof of the neighboring apartment which juts out and we thought he might fall.

The problem is our complex has tons of cats and she has to look at all the other cats who get free reign of the complex. I feel bad because now she knows what she's missing.

She got out the other week because my son's friend left the front door open and I found her yowling on the ground floor with a mouse in her mouth. She saw me and dropped the mouse and started yowling even more. I think it was a little too much freedom that she knew what to do with.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 08 Oct 2018, 21:36

I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 21:50

the masked man wrote:I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

I'm still wondering what kind of coffee you ordered.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 22:42

I listen to sports talk radio on the way to and from work and they have this commercial for Andro 400, some kind of weight loss/testosterone pill.

One supposed customer says he went from a 48" waist to a 44" waist and he's back to the same weight as his 30s. I'm thinkin', "A 44 waist in your 30s isn't so hot. And going from a 48 to a 44 is skipping a cheeseburger a week at that size."

The other guy says he now walks 12 miles a day using this stuff. Do you know how long it takes to walk 12 miles every day? I hate to tell him, but he can probably lay off the Andro 400 now.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2018, 23:03

the masked man wrote:I feel better now. Today just got on top on me. Sorry if I made you worry.

Don't ever feel apologetic about that MM. People care about you and want you to be safe and happy. Holding it in won't fix things. Best of luck and hope you are truly feeling better.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Oct 2018, 23:12

Six String wrote:

Don't ever feel apologetic about that MM. People care about you and want you to be safe and happy. Holding it in won't fix things. Best of luck and hope you are truly feeling better.

What he said.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2018, 23:15

Jeemo wrote:Good job Les, keep up the good work

Thanks Jim. It might be the hardest thing I've ever done.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Oct 2018, 23:40

I’m so happy for you Les! This is amazing.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Oct 2018, 00:07

Six String wrote:

Absolutely.
You don't like me...do you?

Return to “Nextdoorland”