Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 10 Sep 2018, 22:29

Congratulations John. What kind of Champagne are you drinking tonight? :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 10 Sep 2018, 22:48

Six String wrote:Congratulations John. What kind of Champagne are you drinking tonight? :D

It was very cheap prosecco Les, mixed with a Scottish rhubarb and ginger liqueur :)

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Sep 2018, 21:16

I got into my car this morning and my CD holder in the console had been rifled through. They took a Pretty Things compilation, a KISS compilation, Lund Bros, Tangents, and Todd Snider's East Nashville Skyline.

They left Paul Kelly and the Messengers.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Sep 2018, 21:47

That sucks. Last time my car was broken into they left every single CD. It was like the criminal version of:

B
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 12 Sep 2018, 11:20

sloopjohnc wrote:They left Paul Kelly and the Messengers.

You can probably tell the cops to disregard any Australian suspects then.

Shame to hear that.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Sep 2018, 20:56

It's my son's 16th birthday on Sunday. He was born in 2002 and I joined BCB in 2004 so I've been trying to amuse BCB with various Derek dumbassisms, witticisms, and all around hoo hahs since I'v been on here.

He's the total opposite of my daughter who likes the whole month of February devoted to the celebration of her birthday.

My son is inviting some friends over to swim in my apartment complex's pool, we're getting some pizza delivered and that's about it. He did want a pinata, but I think that's more so they can beat the shit out of something with a plastic baseball bat and get a reward of candy instead of an assault conviction vs. celebrating the day of his birth.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 14 Sep 2018, 15:21

Thought I'd go along to my local auction as they'd got in lots of 20s Dutch Gouda ( refers to ceramics rather than cheese!) and I'd sold one for a very decent price to someone in Hollywood just a few weeks ago. But all the usual dealers were out in force, my hopes Friday's would be quieter were in vain. I kept getting outbid on the Gouda by some cunt who was hiding round the corner and had the annoying habit of putting in his bid just as the hammer was about to fall on my successful bid. In the end I made the schoolboy error of getting competitive with him and outbidding him on one lot and consequently paying too much. :x

Still I came home to four sales so that made me feel better.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 14 Sep 2018, 18:32

The Modernist wrote:Thought I'd go along to my local auction as they'd got in lots of 20s Dutch Gouda ( refers to ceramics rather than cheese!) and I'd sold one for a very decent price to someone in Hollywood just a few weeks ago. But all the usual dealers were out in force, my hopes Friday's would be quieter were in vain. I kept getting outbid on the Gouda by some cunt who was hiding round the corner and had the annoying habit of putting in his bid just as the hammer was about to fall on my successful bid. In the end I made the schoolboy error of getting competitive with him and outbidding him on one lot and consequently paying too much. :x

Still I came home to four sales so that made me feel better.

The auction world is cutthroat! I've been looking for a long time for a nice urn or jar to keep my old dog's ashes in, and finally won an auction yesterday for a Moorcroft green clematis ginger jar and fruit bowl. I was going to turn around and sell the fruit bowl to make some of my money back, but B saw it and likes it, so I guess we're keeping it.

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 Sep 2018, 22:39

Jon K. posted this on facebook yesterday:

Ok

This is going to be difficult so bear with me.
I went to the hospital today for the follow up appointment on my eyes. As many of you know I have been having procedures on my eyes this last few months Oddly enough I was early but rushed through. The diagnosis was not good. I have what is known as wet AMD in both eyes. This is what is known as macular degeneration. There is no cure for this sadly and it has already progressed from Dry AMD to Wet AMD. If left I will be what is known as legally blind within six months. There is treatment which I have obviously agreed to which consists of injections into the eyball and laser surgery. This however will not halt halt the eventual onset of blindness but the condition will severely compromise my life. After a good cry ( I don’t mind admitting to that) as this has been a massive shock I am trying to man up and try and get my head around this. I am taking a few days maybe longer away from facebook to do this . I will not be answering any messages or replying to posts. I hope you understand.

many of you will know my personal situation right now so going to the hospital and hearing this has been a shock and of course I have to deal with this on my own so I hope you don’t mind me sharing this with you..there really were only a couple of people I could yell and they now know
I thank you all for your kind thoughts and comments and I will be back to my hopefully normal sarky cheeky demeanour shortly. In the meantime I need to regroup
thank you
Jon Kirkman x

Guy can't catch a break.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Sep 2018, 18:16

never/ever wrote:Jon K. posted this on facebook yesterday:

Ok

This is going to be difficult so bear with me.
I went to the hospital today for the follow up appointment on my eyes. As many of you know I have been having procedures on my eyes this last few months Oddly enough I was early but rushed through. The diagnosis was not good. I have what is known as wet AMD in both eyes. This is what is known as macular degeneration. There is no cure for this sadly and it has already progressed from Dry AMD to Wet AMD. If left I will be what is known as legally blind within six months. There is treatment which I have obviously agreed to which consists of injections into the eyball and laser surgery. This however will not halt halt the eventual onset of blindness but the condition will severely compromise my life. After a good cry ( I don’t mind admitting to that) as this has been a massive shock I am trying to man up and try and get my head around this. I am taking a few days maybe longer away from facebook to do this . I will not be answering any messages or replying to posts. I hope you understand.

many of you will know my personal situation right now so going to the hospital and hearing this has been a shock and of course I have to deal with this on my own so I hope you don’t mind me sharing this with you..there really were only a couple of people I could yell and they now know
I thank you all for your kind thoughts and comments and I will be back to my hopefully normal sarky cheeky demeanour shortly. In the meantime I need to regroup
thank you
Jon Kirkman x

Guy can't catch a break.

That's not good to hear.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 16 Sep 2018, 10:03

That poor guy never seems to get a break. That's awful, knowing you're blind in six months, on top of other stuff he's had to deal with.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Sep 2018, 13:59

Poor bugger.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Sep 2018, 16:27

For my son's birthday on Saturday, I got talked into a sleepover. My son and his friends snuck out of the house with some leftover fireworks I had at midnight. Lit them off and the cops caught them. 3 am I get a knock on the door and I see three teenagers with a couple cops. The cops were pretty nice and just wanted to scare 'em a little. But I do not enjoy being woken up at 3 am. And the dummies got caught.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Sep 2018, 16:37

Yesterday, my daughter and I went out to brunch. The hostess was my daughter's best friend all through grade school and high school until they had a big misunderstanding. Rachel was like our second daughter and we actually didn't purchase a certain car because we had to ask ourselves, "Will it fit Rachel too?

She went with us on family vacations and Rachel and my daughter were always together. And then they weren't.

It was nice to see her and reminded me of more innocent times.

At my son's birthday, my son's best friend announced that his dad is moving to Austin, TX, for a job next month (He's in IT) so it was the last time we'll probably see Cameron. He's gone on vacations with Derek and me for the last five years.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Sep 2018, 20:17

Since my dad was in the air force we moved so much, saying goodbye to friends I'd never see again was routine. I went to four schools between 9th and 12th grade alone. Granted I only attended one school a few months when base housing became available but still....I always find it fascinating when people talk of running into grade school friends later in life.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Sep 2018, 21:21

Six String wrote:Since my dad was in the air force we moved so much, saying goodbye to friends I'd never see again was routine. I went to four schools between 9th and 12th grade alone. Granted I only attended one school a few months when base housing became available but still....I always find it fascinating when people talk of running into grade school friends later in life.

It's so different than my experience, Les. I still go to my hometown every weekend and invariably I run into someone whose last name I know or who knows me or my brother. They're not small towns anymore, but they are in some ways. Unfortunately, now the conversation is usually about some parents, friends or acquaintances dying.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Sep 2018, 20:43

Getting some good ol' fashioned kitchen table surgery done on Sunday. I've been walking around with a cyst the size of a blueberry on the top of my head for the better part of 15 years, and my surgeon brother-in-law is going to get rid of it while we're at my in-laws' house on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but also kind of excited! I just hope I don't bleed all over the place.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Sep 2018, 21:16

Wally Bingbang wrote:Getting some good ol' fashioned kitchen table surgery done on Sunday. I've been walking around with a cyst the size of a blueberry on the top of my head for the better part of 15 years, and my surgeon brother-in-law is going to get rid of it while we're at my in-laws' house on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but also kind of excited! I just hope I don't bleed all over the place.

Maybe he can do a whole facial reconstruction while he's at it.

I mean, he's going to have his pocket knife and some rubbing alcohol out anyway.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Sep 2018, 21:51

sloopjohnc wrote:
Wally Bingbang wrote:Getting some good ol' fashioned kitchen table surgery done on Sunday. I've been walking around with a cyst the size of a blueberry on the top of my head for the better part of 15 years, and my surgeon brother-in-law is going to get rid of it while we're at my in-laws' house on Sunday. I'm a bit nervous, but also kind of excited! I just hope I don't bleed all over the place.

Maybe he can do a whole facial reconstruction while he's at it.

I mean, he's going to have his pocket knife and some rubbing alcohol out anyway.

I showed him your picture and asked if he could make me look like you and he said he could stitch a dissected pig foetus to my face but that he used the last one in a student training session yesterday.

Return to “Nextdoorland”