President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 10 Sep 2018, 00:06

yomptepi wrote:Why does anyone give a shit what some fucking actor has to say about politics. I just don't get.

I don’t get why people don’t get it. Ol’ Blue Eyes sang about JFK’s high hopes. Charlton Heston talked about the importance of civil rights and the gun in his cold, dead fingers. Jimmy Stewart said he was voting for Reagan instead of President Ford. James Woods, Ted Nugent, John Lovitz and many others bitched about Obama in a very personal and detailed way. Martin Sheen & Jackson Brown didn’t like Nuclear power Plants. Anita Bryant didn’t like the Gays. Clint Eastwood didn’t like that empty chair. It doesn’t matter if you get it or not. They are well known people and have an easy time getting people to pay attention to them when they have a bug up their ass. How much certain people complain about them doing this generally depends on the species of bug.

I agree with Jim Carrey that the Canadian Health Care system is usually discussed, on our public affairs shows,in terms of it’s problems. Of course it has problems but I think this is done in contrast with the U.S. system in a way that marginalizes the problems in our system & emphasizes the problems with theirs. Sharing his personal experience and opinion doesn’t rub me the wrong way at all. I think it’s a point in his favor that it is rubbing certain people the wrong way.

He’s been criticizing TRUMP & his policies for a while now. Enough that people are threatening not to support his projects anymore. Everybody i’ve Mentioned in this post made that choice. They knew they rran the risk of offending sections of their audience. It’s their skin. It’s their call to do this just as it is ours not to give a shit.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 00:44

It is a misplaced trust. Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit. I don't give a fuck what they have to say, and I don't care if they have a reputation for speaking their minds. It is an abuse of their position to make any kind of political announcement. They haven't earned the right to influence me. Their profile does not make their thoughts important or worthwhile. They can all fuck off.
You don't like me...do you?

Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 10 Sep 2018, 00:49

:lol:

yep
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Sep 2018, 00:56

yomptepi wrote:Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit.

Nor does it mean their opinion ISN'T worth a shit. They're citizens. If I can say what I want to (and so far I still can), then they can say what they want to. If more people happen to hear them, well, bully for them. If I were in their position I would certainly resent anyone telling me I have an obligation to STFU.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:01

BOXO wrote::lol:

yep

And when you think about it, half the reason we are all having to put up with that orange fuck is because he was on the telly. even though he was the " expert " in a stupid game show, people somehow started to believe that he was really this amazing businessman. Despite the reality being completely different. The stupid half wits who watch this sort of shit thought " Hey, he looks like he could do a better job than Obama" and put him in the White House. And suddenly we expected to have the fucking Rock standing 2024. Or perhaps Bill Murray , who I am assured is very smart, will stand. Get a fucking grip people. They are entertainers. Honestly, I despair. We are all fucked.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:02

Charlie O. wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit.

Nor does it mean their opinion ISN'T worth a shit. They're citizens. If I can say what I want to (and so far I still can), then they can say what they want to. If more people happen to hear them, well, bully for them. If I were in their position I would certainly resent anyone telling me I have an obligation to STFU.

What Mike also does not get is they are normally more articulate and entertaining than most people, which is why they are what they are and why TV wants to put them on their programs, and people like to see a familiar face on TV; if we all got our 10 mins no one would watch, I can't even believe the Bear's family would tune in if he was one boring on about what a cunt Blair was, but if Jim Carey is going to do it, yeah why not? I liked The Truman show.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:02

Charlie O. wrote:

Jesus wept.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:04

yomptepi wrote:

yep

And when you think about it, half the reason we are all having to put up with that orange fuck is because he was on the telly.

Partly; but more because morons can vote too, and if the alternative is not all that engaging then the morons may win.

At least Corbyn engages the non-morons, which is lucky seeing as cunts like you are queueing up to vote for that gurning twat Johnson.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:06

yomptepi wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:

Jesus wept.

Go to bed you retired woolly head. Your are destroying the country for your children just be happy with that.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:07

Copehead wrote:
At least Corbyn engages the non-morons, .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evidence?

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:07

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:Nor does it mean their opinion ISN'T worth a shit. They're citizens. If I can say what I want to (and so far I still can), then they can say what they want to. If more people happen to hear them, well, bully for them. If I were in their position I would certainly resent anyone telling me I have an obligation to STFU.

Jesus wept.

Go to bed you retired woolly head. Your are destroying the country for your children just be happy with that.

You're

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Sep 2018, 01:08

Gentlemen, please! You can't fight here; this is the war room!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 10 Sep 2018, 01:09

yomptepi wrote:

yep

And when you think about it, half the reason we are all having to put up with that orange fuck is because he was on the telly. even though he was the " expert " in a stupid game show, people somehow started to believe that he was really this amazing businessman. Despite the reality being completely different. The stupid half wits who watch this sort of shit thought " Hey, he looks like he could do a better job than Obama" and put him in the White House. And suddenly we expected to have the fucking Rock standing 2024. Or perhaps Bill Murray , who I am assured is very smart, will stand. Get a fucking grip people. They are entertainers. Honestly, I despair. We are all fucked.

I see it way different than you. Donald J. TRUMP , Arnold and even Reagan were coaxed into political careers by the “gee whiz” coverage they got. People who disagree with the politics of people like Paul Robeson, Harry Belafonte, even Colin Kaepernick always have a prime platform to tell them to shut up and get back to work.
Last edited by Sneelock on 10 Sep 2018, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:09

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
At least Corbyn engages the non-morons, .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evidence?

You don't like him and I do. :|

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:10

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Jesus wept.

You're
\

That education was wasted on your.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:10

Sneelock wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

yep

I see it way different than you. Donald J. TRUMP , Arnold and even Reagan were coaxed into political careers by the “gee whiz” coverage they got. People who disagree with the politics of people like Paul Robeson, Harry Belofonte, even Colin Kaepernick always have a platform to tell them to shut up and get back to work.

I don't care. I am not interested in what any entertainer has to say. They can all fuck off. What is wrong with Americans that would vote for fucking film star. It is irrational.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Sep 2018, 01:12

Sneelock wrote:I see it way different than you. Donald J. TRUMP , Arnold and even Reagan were coaxed into political careers by the “gee whiz” coverage they got. People who disagree with the politics of people like Paul Robeson, Harry Belafonte, even Colin Kaepernick always have a prime platform to tell them to shut up and get back to work.

#Sneelock2020
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:13

yomptepi wrote:
Sneelock wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I see it way different than you. Donald J. TRUMP , Arnold and even Reagan were coaxed into political careers by the “gee whiz” coverage they got. People who disagree with the politics of people like Paul Robeson, Harry Belofonte, even Colin Kaepernick always have a platform to tell them to shut up and get back to work.

I don't care. I am not interested in what any entertainer has to say. They can all fuck off. What is wrong with Americans that would vote for fucking film star. It is irrational.

I'd vote for Judi Dench, despite her fuckwit son, surely it is wha the the (former) entertainer says rather than the fact that they used to be an actor which is important.

It is like saying I'd never vote for a an accountant or Hedge fund manager, although I wouldn't.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:16

Copehead wrote:
I'd vote for Judi Dench, despite her fuckwit son, swhich is important.

Hardly surprising given that you voted for Blair 3 times...

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:26

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I'd vote for Judi Dench, despite her fuckwit son, swhich is important.

Hardly surprising given that you voted for Blair 3 times...

I voted for Patrick Hall actually, a bit more left of centre than Blair.