Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 07 Sep 2018, 07:34

My point is that things are NOT getting any less tense with Russia. In many ways they are getting worse. The idea that the bad old guard wants to screw Russia while TRUMP is the Prince of Peace with Russia gets progressively more absurd. I’d say Russia’s respect for the TRUMP admin is pretty much non-existent at this point.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 07:42

Sneelock wrote:My point is that things are NOT getting any less tense with Russia. In many ways they are getting worse. The idea that the bad old guard wants to screw Russia while TRUMP is the Prince of Peace with Russia gets progressively more absurd. I’d say Russia’s respect for the TRUMP admin is pretty much non-existent at this point.

I agree. Shit is ramping up in Syria and the showdown is at hand. Trump's odd war/peace relationship with Russia aside, the best solution is for the US to back off and let Russia and Syria handle the terrorists and let Syria be Syria.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Sep 2018, 10:57

Anyhoo.....

Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 07 Sep 2018, 12:59

:lol:
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 08 Sep 2018, 11:22

Welp, according to Caitlin it seems like Trump - like Obama and like Bush before him ( and on and on down the line) - lied about our foreign policy and now it looks like the US is in Syria to stay. According to the WAPO

“We’ve started using new language,” (the State Department's) Jeffrey said, referring to previous warnings against the use of chemical weapons. Now, he said, the United States will not tolerate “an attack. Period.”

“Any offensive is to us objectionable as a reckless escalation” he said. “You add to that, if you use chemical weapons, or create refu­gee flows or attack innocent civilians,” and “the consequences of that are that we will shift our positions and use all of our tools to make it clear that we’ll have to find ways to achieve our goals that are less reliant on the goodwill of the Russians.”

(Caitlin)
So we’ve got Trump administration officials saying that the extremist factions which were armed and supported by the US and its allies during the Obama administration are completely off limits, and that the military occupation of Syria will continue until Syria’s Middle Eastern allies leave the country and the Syrian government begins acting as America commands.

But leave it to Caitlin to be much more than a Cassandra with only bad news. Read the article and see that she has a way for us to get out of this morass. Do read her work. It is inspirational.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/trum ... a363947536
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Sep 2018, 19:55

:roll: Caitlin.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2018, 03:44

Jim Carrey on Bill Maher where he makes justifiable fun of Trump but what got my goat in the clip was (at 12:10) when Maher defers to Obama campaign manager David Axelrod and Axelrod shits on new Democratic primary winners who campaigned on "Medicare for all, ending student debt, a different approach to the war on terror, ending mass incarceration". I use quotes because note how mealy-mouthed Axelrod can't even say these words back and then poo-poos them as local issues. I had to give my computer the finger.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Sep 2018, 05:24

No...he doesn’t dismiss them as local issues. He dismisses the notion that Stacey Abrams, Ayanna Pressley, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Kerri Evelyn Harris (Maher doesn’t even get her name right) are the party’s true north...and he is right.

He counters with Conor Lamb (and could have added Doug Jones) as an example of a Democrat winning a general election in a red-leaning district/state.

The words “those candidates reflected their districts well” may piss you off. But it is the truth.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2018, 09:00

SYRIA 180: US Regime Change Plan is Back (It Never Left)

September 7, 2018

21st Century Wire says…

In a new report released on Thursday, President Trump ‘does a 180’ on his previous policy against pursuing regime change in Syria – now agreeing to “a new strategy for an indefinitely extended military, diplomatic and economic effort there, according to senior State Department officials.”

https://21stcenturywire.com/2018/09/07/ ... ever-left/

Many think 9/11 was the result of "blowback" especially for stationing US troops in Saudi Arabia. Of course I think the US did it to themselves but for the sake of the CIA's "plausible deniability" blowback is a pretty good excuse. Assuming the terror attacks we've endured since 9/11 were because of blowback, how is it we've never learned it isn't a good idea to do what we do? Maybe it's always bullshit we're fed by the media and politicians and the US has been and still is the rogue nation we're always warned about. Projection. It's like we're living in a false flag reality and constantly blaming the other guys for what we are doing ourselves.
Question authority.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Sep 2018, 10:23

Jimbo wrote:

Jim Carrey on Bill Maher where he makes justifiable fun of Trump but what got my goat in the clip was (at 12:10) when Maher defers to Obama campaign manager David Axelrod and Axelrod shits on new Democratic primary winners who campaigned on "Medicare for all, ending student debt, a different approach to the war on terror, ending mass incarceration". I use quotes because note how mealy-mouthed Axelrod can't even say these words back and then poo-poos them as local issues. I had to give my computer the finger.

Why does anyone give a shit what some fucking actor has to say about politics. I just don't get. Here in the UK it feels like the only ones with opinions that count are comedians. Utter cunts like Frankie Boyle, handing out pearls of their stupidity as it it were diamonds. Why does anyone care what they think?
You don't like me...do you?

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 09 Sep 2018, 10:54

Infotainment or some stupid shit. Maybe it's more digestible. I dunno. I don't get it either.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2018, 11:01

yomptepi wrote: Why does anyone give a shit what some fucking actor has to say about politics. I just don't get. Here in the UK it feels like the only ones with opinions that count are comedians. Utter cunts like Frankie Boyle, handing out pearls of their stupidity as it it were diamonds. Why does anyone care what they think?

I like hearing the opinions of smart people in general and Carrey happens to be very smart, and he's funny, plus he's been actively drawing and publishing political cartoons in the anti-Trump campaign and that makes him a pundit, whose opinions it seems you respect. As for hearing actors' and comedians' opinions, if they're smart, why not have a listen? I read your opinions and you're just a builder, but you're smart. (And you're mostly wrong. ;) )
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 09 Sep 2018, 15:58

Basically, Jimbo’s interested in anyone other than trained journalists.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 10 Sep 2018, 00:06

yomptepi wrote:Why does anyone give a shit what some fucking actor has to say about politics. I just don't get.

I don’t get why people don’t get it. Ol’ Blue Eyes sang about JFK’s high hopes. Charlton Heston talked about the importance of civil rights and the gun in his cold, dead fingers. Jimmy Stewart said he was voting for Reagan as his party’s candidate instead of President Ford. James Woods, Ted Nugent, John Lovitz and many others bitched about Obama in a very personal and detailed way. Martin Sheen & Jackson Brown didn’t like Nuclear power Plants. Anita Bryant didn’t like the Gays. Clint Eastwood didn’t like that empty chair. It doesn’t matter if you get it or not. They are well known people and have an easy time getting people to pay attention to them when they have a bug up their ass. How much certain people complain about them doing this generally depends on the species of bug.

I agree with Jim Carrey that the Canadian Health Care system is usually discussed, on our public affairs shows,in terms of it’s problems. Of course it has problems but I think this is done in contrast with the U.S. system in a way that marginalizes the problems in our system & emphasizes the problems with theirs. Sharing his personal experience and opinion doesn’t rub me the wrong way at all. I think it’s a point in his favor that it is rubbing certain people the wrong way.

He’s been criticizing TRUMP & his policies for a while now. Enough that people are threatening not to support his projects anymore. Everybody i’ve Mentioned in this post made that choice. They knew they rran the risk of offending sections of their audience. It’s their skin. It’s their call to do this just as it is ours not to give a shit.
Last edited by Sneelock on 23 Feb 2019, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
uggy poopy doody.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 00:44

It is a misplaced trust. Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit. I don't give a fuck what they have to say, and I don't care if they have a reputation for speaking their minds. It is an abuse of their position to make any kind of political announcement. They haven't earned the right to influence me. Their profile does not make their thoughts important or worthwhile. They can all fuck off.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 10 Sep 2018, 00:49

:lol:

yep

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Sep 2018, 00:56

yomptepi wrote:Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit.

Nor does it mean their opinion ISN'T worth a shit. They're citizens. If I can say what I want to (and so far I still can), then they can say what they want to. If more people happen to hear them, well, bully for them. If I were in their position I would certainly resent anyone telling me I have an obligation to STFU.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:01

BOXO wrote::lol:

yep

And when you think about it, half the reason we are all having to put up with that orange fuck is because he was on the telly. even though he was the " expert " in a stupid game show, people somehow started to believe that he was really this amazing businessman. Despite the reality being completely different. The stupid half wits who watch this sort of shit thought " Hey, he looks like he could do a better job than Obama" and put him in the White House. And suddenly we expected to have the fucking Rock standing 2024. Or perhaps Bill Murray , who I am assured is very smart, will stand. Get a fucking grip people. They are entertainers. Honestly, I despair. We are all fucked.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:02

Charlie O. wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Just because someone has been in a film , or has been on the television does not mean they have an opinion worth a shit.

Nor does it mean their opinion ISN'T worth a shit. They're citizens. If I can say what I want to (and so far I still can), then they can say what they want to. If more people happen to hear them, well, bully for them. If I were in their position I would certainly resent anyone telling me I have an obligation to STFU.

What Mike also does not get is they are normally more articulate and entertaining than most people, which is why they are what they are and why TV wants to put them on their programs, and people like to see a familiar face on TV; if we all got our 10 mins no one would watch, I can't even believe the Bear's family would tune in if he was one boring on about what a cunt Blair was, but if Jim Carey is going to do it, yeah why not? I liked The Truman show.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Sep 2018, 01:02

Charlie O. wrote:

Jesus wept.

Return to “Nextdoorland”