88%

Total votes: 8

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: "Fake News"

Postby Jimbo » 06 Jun 2018, 22:49

North Korea 'executes' army chief of staff Ri Yong-gil

10 February 2016

North Korea has executed its army chief of staff Ri Yong-gil, according to unconfirmed South Korean media reports.
Senior officials in North Korea have previously been absent from view for long periods only to reappear.
However, Gen Ri would be the latest of several high-ranking officials to be purged under leader Kim Jong-un.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35543364

North Korea bad!

As of April 2017, state media identified Ri as first deputy chief of the General Staff and director of the General Operations Bureau of the Korean People's Army.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ri_Yong-gil#cite_note-6

Ri Yong Gil (right, saluting) with Kim Jong Un at a February 2018 military parade (Photo: KCNA).
updated February 23, 2018
http://www.nkleadershipwatch.org/leader ... -yong-gil/
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Jun 2018, 23:02

Note the word "unconfirmed."

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Jun 2018, 23:29

toomanyhatz wrote:Note the word "unconfirmed."

Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

Prove? Can't do that with weasel words like "unconfirmed" in the reports. But I want to show how the supposedly factual and fair MSM continually throws shade, sullies, insinuates badness upon regimes and leaders with which and with whom our government doesn't like. By the way, I looked and saw no retraction or correction from the BBC. Could be there somewhere but the damage - and the BBC's job - was done. Kim willy-nilly executes even his top men.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Jun 2018, 23:50

Yes, "unconfirmed" is a weasel word. Right. :roll: Nothing to do with the fact that the report WAS actually unconfirmed. Or that they reported their source and even said, directly, that occasionally people are reported dead and then turn out to be alive. Which is exactly what happened. That looks to me like news reporting done correctly. I imagine "your sources" wouldn't do anything as untoward as admitting that something is unconfirmed or quoting their sources.

Here - have a few more.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 07 Jun 2018, 01:22

Ha! Still funny that Jimbo has “sources.”
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Jun 2018, 02:06

A reminder:

toomanyhatz wrote:There seems to be a real misunderstanding here of what "Fake News" actually is. You don't get to call it fake just because you disagree with the conclusions it draws. Davey is noting - correctly - the difference between standard and opinion journalism. I don't recall him saying that standard journalism is completely free of bias, or that there's no practicality to opinions. As I'm fond of saying, you are allowed your own opinions. You are not allowed your own facts. When facts are altered or invented, that and ONLY that constitutes fake news. Something that leaves out something you think should be included, or draws a different conclusion than you do does not make the cut. You can call it bad journalism, you can call it biased toward whatever pov you think it's biased toward, but unless you can prove mistruths in it, it is wrong to call it "Fake News."
Footy wrote:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 04 Aug 2018, 08:52

While I have not followed happenings in Nicaragua since the Reagan presidency apparently the US is up to its old tricks down there and the media are lying about it, supporting, of course, the US side.

Nicaragua – Letter to the Editor of The Guardian

[This version of the letter was sent to the editor in chief but not published; The Guardian received a shorter version for publication, which has also not been published.]

For the past three months, there has been a political crisis in Nicaragua, with opposing forces not only confronting each other in the streets but fighting a media war. The Guardian should be at the forefront of balanced and well-informed reporting of these events. Instead, despite plentiful evidence of opposition violence, almost all your 17 reports since mid-April blame Daniel Ortega’s government for the majority of deaths that have occurred. One of your most recent articles (“The Nicaraguan students who became reluctant rebels”, July 10) leaves unchallenged an opposition claim that theirs is “a totally peaceful struggle.” Only one article (July 4) gives significant space to the government version of events.

While most of the recent violence is associated with opposition barricades erected across the country, you still refer to a “wave of violence and repression by the government” (June 24). Not once do you refer to the numerous deaths of government supporters or the 21 deaths and hundreds of injuries suffered by the police, including the killing of four policemen observing a “peace” demonstration on July 12. Nor did you report the only attack on a member of the “national dialogue” set up to try resolve the crisis, when student leader Leonel Morales was shot and left for dead on June 12; he is a government supporter.

Your report from Masaya (June 12) failed to mention that the protestors had burnt down public buildings, ransacked shops and destroyed the homes of government officials. Nor did you record the kidnapping of hundreds of long-distance lorries and drivers, who spent a month in effective captivity despite efforts by their ambassadors and international mediators to secure their release (eventually achieved by the government on July 8). Your report of the shooting of a one year-old boy in “the latest round of government repression” (June 25) does not mention video evidence that he was killed by opposition youths.

The author of several articles, Carl David Goette-Luciak, openly associates with opposition figures. On July 5 he blamed the police for the terrible house fire in Managua three weeks earlier, relying largely on assertions from government opponents. Yet videos appearing to show police presence were actually taken on April 21, before barricades were erected to prevent police entering the area.

Several times you cite “human rights activists” who are often long-standing government opponents (such as Vilma Núñez, April 28, who told the BBC on July 10 that Ortega now has an “extermination plan”). You unquestioningly quote Amnesty International (May 31) even though their reports turn a blind eye to violence by protesters. You do not refer to detailed evidence that opposition groups benefit from millions of dollars in US funding aimed at “nurturing” the Nicaraguan uprising (theglobalamericans.org, May 1).

On June 6 you said that “Ortega has lost control of the streets” and on June 11 that Nicaragua is “a country of barricades.” Since then the government has successfully worked with local people to restore order and remove the vast majority of barricades. Armed bands have been arrested in the process, including members of notorious gangs from El Salvador. This goes unreported.

Most of the articles refer to protestors’ demands that Ortega should simply renounce the presidency, but not that international bodies mediating the crisis (the UN, Organisation of American States and the Central American Integration System) have all rejected this as being unconstitutional and likely to produce chaos. You have given sparse coverage to the many marches by government supporters calling for a peaceful, negotiated outcome.

Recently, Simon Jenkins wrote in a different context (July 5) of “the rush to judgment at the bidding of the news agenda” in which “social media and false news are weaponised.” In our view this is precisely what is happening in mainstream reporting of Nicaragua. We call on the Guardian to take a more responsible stand, to challenge the abundant misinformation and in future to provide a much more balanced analysis of the crisis.

Ellen Barfield, Baltimore, MD Chapter Veterans for Peace
Brian Becker, Radio Show Host, Loud & Clear
Carol Berman, Nicaraguan Cultural Alliance
Max Blumenthal, journalist
Al Burke, Editor, Nordic News Network
Lee Camp, head writer/host of Redacted Tonight
Maritza Castillo, Nicaraguan activist
Sofía Clark, political analyst
Mitchel Cohen, former Chair, WBAI radio Local Board
Don DeBar, writer and radio journalist
Warwick Fry, writer and radio journalist
Greg Grandin, journalist
Peter Grimes, sociologist and author
Paul Baker Hernández, singer, song-writer
Chuck Kaufman, Alliance for Global Justice
Dan Kovalik, human rights lawyer
Barbara Larcom, Baltimore Coordinator, Casa Baltimore/Limay
Abby Martin, journalist and presenter, The Empire Files
Arnold Matlin M.D, Rochester (NY) Committee on Latin America
Camilo Mejia, former Amnesty International prisoner of conscience
Nils McCune, IALA Mesoamerica
Nan McCurdy, Methodist missionary
Ben Norton, journalist
John Perry, writer
Stephen Sefton, writer
Patricia Villegas, President, Telesur
S. Brian Willson, Lawyer activist
Kevin Zeese, co-director, Popular Resistance

https://off-guardian.org/2018/08/03/the ... en-letter/
Question authority.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 06 Aug 2018, 19:43

Alex Jones got kicked off Facebook & Youtube today. That's kind of interesting.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Aug 2018, 20:07

Jimbo wrote:While I have not followed happenings in Nicaragua since the Reagan presidency apparently the US is up to its old tricks down there and the media are lying about it, supporting, of course, the US side.

Even if true (I don't pretend to know if the complaint is warranted or not, but I presume it's a complex issue and don't assume the US is on the "correct" side of it at all), why is this in a thread called "Fake News?" Where's the fake part? Is the Guardian required to post a letter (especially one with no factual proof) that disagrees with their coverage?
Footy wrote:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2018, 06:43

bobzilla77 wrote:Alex Jones got kicked off Facebook & Youtube today. That's kind of interesting.

In A Corporatist System Of Government, Corporate Censorship Is State Censorship

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/in-a ... 8a8b486577

While I learned a lot from Alex Jones back in the day about 9/11 and other false flag attacks it was not his rebellious, relentless and infectious anti-government stance which turned me off to his brand of entertainment but his antisemitism, which is one reason why I think he is being punished. Just had a thought how if Hitler had done what he'd done minus the final solution he's have gotten a lighter treatment. So might have Alex. That said, warts and all, we'd been tolerating Jones now for a long time with any number of debunkers, i.e., Kyle Kalinski, calling him out on his bullshit. All of a sudden he's wiped off the media page? There are still any number of Joneses on the internent and other dissenters who are less intense than he but have a similar message, that the government is encroaching more and more into our lives. This ban is not good for freedom of speech and the press. and remember how the US said they didn't want to bury Bin Ladin because his grave would be a shrine to his followers? If this ban doesn't stir up the gun toting, Jew hating crazies nothing will.
Last edited by Jimbo on 07 Aug 2018, 06:54, edited 3 times in total.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Aug 2018, 06:52

toomanyhatz wrote: Where's the fake part? Is the Guardian required to post a letter (especially one with no factual proof) that disagrees with their coverage?

First of all lying by omission is still lying and secondly there is factual proof of current US meddling in Nicaragua.

In the Jeremy Corbyn thread someone mentioned how they were unable to comment on the Guardian article like they used to be able to do. That's because the Guardian has sold out or something worse. Too many readers were calling out the paper's bullshit. That's why I go to the Off-Guardian site, made by former Guardian writers and readers who have been disappointed by the Guardian's swing to the corporate, neoconservative side of matters which requires fakery to bolster its narrative.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Aug 2018, 04:33

Jimbo wrote:the Guardian's swing to the corporate, neoconservative side of matters which requires fakery to bolster its narrative.

Speaking of which, go ahead and read this and tell me there is no fuckery afoot at the Guardian. They're shameless and you know why? I think the CIA is paying to keep the lights on at the Guardian and all those other venues which should be out of business because of the internet.

Published on August 11, 2018

Venezuela Assassination Attempt: Maduro Survives but Journalism Doesn’t

Ricardo Vaz from IvestigAction

https://off-guardian.org/2018/08/11/ven ... sm-doesnt/
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Aug 2018, 05:08

5 timely reminders that the media think you are an idiot…

https://off-guardian.org/2018/08/27/5-t ... -an-idiot/
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Aug 2018, 05:28

By “the media”...you mean “Off Guardian?”

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Aug 2018, 06:07

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:By “the media”...you mean “Off Guardian?”

Touche! Now that you've made a joke from the title how about having a crack at the text?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Aug 2018, 06:20

I could take this fucker apart. Not gonna waste the time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Sep 2018, 07:48

STOP. HUMANIZING. WAR CRIMINALS.

By Caitlin Johnstone

It’s not a coincidence that the nation with the most powerful military in the history of civilization and the most billionaires in the history of civilization also happens to have the most sophisticated propaganda system in the history of civilization, and that propaganda system is pointed at them from a very early age to normalize the war machine that is used to protect the empire of the billionaires.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/stop ... ead0fcc784

IMO Alex Jones told more far more truth than all these mainstream SOBs.
Question authority.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 03 Sep 2018, 11:52

Jimbo wrote:
STOP. HUMANIZING. WAR CRIMINALS.

By Caitlin Johnstone

It’s not a coincidence that the nation with the most powerful military in the history of civilization and the most billionaires in the history of civilization also happens to have the most sophisticated propaganda system in the history of civilization, and that propaganda system is pointed at them from a very early age to normalize the war machine that is used to protect the empire of the billionaires.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/stop ... ead0fcc784

IMO Alex Jones told more far more truth than all these mainstream SOBs.

It's nothing that Jello Biafra wasn't saying years ago without the right wing craziness
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Sep 2018, 20:40

Or the personal threats, the racism,the transphobia, the inciting to violence, etc...
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Jan 2019, 12:04

Question authority.

Return to “Conspiracyland”