Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jul 2018, 06:05

Jimbo wrote:.... but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.

Why must you conjoin the two?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jul 2018, 06:13

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbo wrote:.... but had the writer said something like the Clintons have their own problematic issues but this Trump guy may be an actual traitor, had he given a nod to other "conspiracies" he'd have a lot more diverse people seeing truth.

Ask the writer. He conjoined them first. He could have made his case without the dig and I wouldn't have noticed. Trump is digging his own grave. But if he wants to take a swipe at Hillary haters let him be as factual about why they hate her as he is about why he thinks Trump might be in league with the Russians.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Jul 2018, 07:52

Jimbo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Ask the writer. He conjoined them first. He could have made his case without the dig and I wouldn't have noticed. Trump is digging his own grave. But if he wants to take a swipe at Hillary haters let him be as factual about why they hate her as he is about why he thinks Trump might be in league with the Russians.

Sorry, my wording was clumsy.
I meant why is there a need to conjoin the two, not you personally Jimbo.

Because whatever the Clinton's have done in no way lessens what Trump is doing.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

HarryIrene

Postby HarryIrene » 11 Jul 2018, 09:38

I think a lot of commentators and journalists now feel obliged to conjoin HRC and Trump's skeletons in the closet in order to give the impression that it is serious comment/investigation and not just a witchhunt against Trump. He has played every single attempt to expose and delegitimise him and his presidency as a "fake news" witchunt; so any thoughtpieces now have to go to great lengths to try and show they are looking at these situations objectively. Trump has recalibrated how even serious investigative jourmalism is judged/accepted, and as such it seems to require a few paragraph's shining a light on HRC's quesionable integrity too in order to maintain an illusion of balance and give what they are writing validity and creedence.
Nothing To See Here. Move Right Along

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 11:32

Besides, HRC isn’t bullying the fuck out of NATO. DJT is.
HRC isn’t appointing somebody to the SCOTUS who thinks Sea World has more rights than people mauled by Orcas do.
Donald, settle down. But, Mommy, what about Hillary?
It’s beyond pathetic.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jul 2018, 12:00

And my point was that IF you co-join the two then do it honestly. A comparison of the two no longer needs be on a partisan basis. The campaign is over. Evidence shows they are both SOBs. The earlier essay was more honest and on target and showed that Trump is corrupt and possibly in the pocket of the Russians. I don't think HRC was even mentioned. (If you can't say something nice say nothing.) It was fair enough. The second essay dropped in a HRC hater hate-nugget to just to show his distain for the many - also partisan - Trump supporters who usually drop a HRC hate-nugget of their own.
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Jul 2018, 15:27

Why even talk about freaking Hillary Clinton AT ALL for crying out loud? She's not the damn president.

Quote THIS bit:

But there is no way to read Chait’s story—or to do any judicious review of Donald Trump’s dealings with the Russians over years—and reach any other conclusion but that the Kremlin has damaging and deeply compromising knowledge about the president. Whether they are using such materials, and how, is a matter of legitimate argument. That such things exist, however, and that they seem to be preoccupying the president, should be obvious.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 15:53

Jimbo wrote:And my point was that IF you co-join the two then do it honestly. A comparison of the two no longer needs be on a partisan basis. The campaign is over. Evidence shows they are both SOBs. The earlier essay was more honest and on target and showed that Trump is corrupt and possibly in the pocket of the Russians. I don't think HRC was even mentioned. (If you can't say something nice say nothing.) It was fair enough. The second essay dropped in a HRC hater hate-nugget to just to show his distain for the many - also partisan - Trump supporters who usually drop a HRC hate-nugget of their own.

WHO CARES?

I swear to God this is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The important stuff is what the Count quoted, and it's important not just for what it says, but for where it appears, namely Politico, which might as well be USA Today (in other words, a very mainstream outlet). It's significant, I think, that this stuff is coming out of the shadows of partisan organs like Daily Kos or Wonkette and into some very bright sunlight.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Jul 2018, 16:15

ORORORO wrote:Trump's here in the UK this Friday (the 13th!). He'll get splattered.

Wish he'd visit Salisbury and lick a few park benches. :twisted:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 16:18

He'll arrive late and leave early. you want any more than that you'll need to throw him a parade. he loves parades.
uggy poopy doody.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 11 Jul 2018, 16:41

Six String wrote:
ORORORO wrote:Trump's here in the UK this Friday (the 13th!). He'll get splattered.

Wish he'd visit Salisbury and lick a few park benches. :twisted:

Oh wouldn't that be just WONDERFUL?

Wouldn't that be the most supreme example of JUSTICE the world has ever seen?

Oh oh oh

ohhhh
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 17:23

“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 11 Jul 2018, 17:51

Ha Ha Hillary. Ha Ha Pantsuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I was doing my thing at work while Tucker Carlson was on last night (or the night before)
Tucker had a guest host so maybe the mechanics of the thing were a little easier to spot.
Like Tucker the guest host had on someone she disagreed with. like Tucker she presented herself as a fair and understanding person before engaging them. and then she did what FOX News has been doing reliably since the "Hannity & Colmes" days -- she presented a conflicting point of view for the sole purpose of marginalizing it. like Carson she looked smugly into the camera at the end of the "debate" as if to say. "obviously they were no match for ME!!!!"

there are 2 TV's in the break room. for about a week now a guy has the FOX on the main TV - he watches basketball on the other TV then when someone goes to change the channel (it's always on VERY LOUD) on the main TV- he comes out. tells them he's watching it. lingers until they leave and then leaves it blasting while he returns to his basketball game. No other programming is allowed. He'll back down if somebody goes Alpha Male on him but usually people don't really want to engage with him.

it was on this morning - the remote wouldn't work to change the channel and it was LOUD. it went something like this: oh, those foolish people in the Democrat Party, oh how out of touch they are with the AMERICAN PEOPLE by not admitting what a baseball coaching, fun loving, average American this Kavanaugh guy is. oh, how they hurt themselves by suggesting anyone will be affected negatively by any judgements he might make. polite chuckles mixed with derisive laughter. UGH. god bless the "mute" button.

what an advantage the Trump Admin. has in having the Nation's most popular News Channel be 100% behind anything he does. shit, there were people on there explaining why Melania's "I don't care do U?" jacket was a wonderful thing and why would anybody insult the American People by saying otherwise.

sheesh.
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jul 2018, 18:07

sneelock wrote:Ha Ha Hillary. Ha Ha Pantsuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I was doing my thing at work while Tucker Carlson was on last night (or the night before)
Tucker had a guest host so maybe the mechanics of the thing were a little easier to spot.
Like Tucker the guest host had on someone she disagreed with. like Tucker she presented herself as a fair and understanding person before engaging them. and then she did what FOX News has been doing reliably since the "Hannity & Colmes" days -- she presented a conflicting point of view for the sole purpose of marginalizing it. like Carson she looked smugly into the camera at the end of the "debate" as if to say. "obviously they were no match for ME!!!!"

there are 2 TV's in the break room. for about a week now a guy has the FOX on the main TV - he watches basketball on the other TV then when someone goes to change the channel (it's always on VERY LOUD) on the main TV- he comes out. tells them he's watching it. lingers until they leave and then leaves it blasting while he returns to his basketball game. No other programming is allowed. He'll back down if somebody goes Alpha Male on him but usually people don't really want to engage with him.

it was on this morning - the remote wouldn't work to change the channel and it was LOUD. it went something like this: oh, those foolish people in the Democrat Party, oh how out of touch they are with the AMERICAN PEOPLE by not admitting what a baseball coaching, fun loving, average American this Kavanaugh guy is. oh, how they hurt themselves by suggesting anyone will be affected negatively by any judgements he might make. polite chuckles mixed with derisive laughter. UGH. god bless the "mute" button.

what an advantage the Trump Admin. has in having the Nation's most popular News Channel be 100% behind anything he does. shit, there were people on there explaining why Melania's "I don't care do U?" jacket was a wonderful thing and why would anybody insult the American People by saying otherwise.

sheesh.

You'd think with all this validation they get from Fox they'd be happier and not have to harass women wearing Puerto Rico jerseys or check moms' IDs along with their pool cards.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:07

sneelock wrote:He'll arrive late and leave early.

And insult the Queen.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 11 Jul 2018, 18:24

I don't know if anybody else cares about the Nevada ranchers that got pardoned. I found it kind of fascinating that the US President would give a thumbs up to this kind of behavior - it seems like no matter who's in charge, the President should stand up for the idea that the Fed does in fact have power. Like, do you really want to give a thumbs up to insurrectionists? What good does it do? They''re just gonna get mad about something else and gonna rise up against you one day.

This piece has a lot of food for thought. Trump is gambling that by getting the people who live on the land out there to battle each other, he can give away all the protected land to industry and they'll support him while he does it.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-real-stor ... e1a8f735f/
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:31

He sees them as emblematic of his base (rural white Christians). Their social, political and cultural supremacy is one of his only political convictions.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 11 Jul 2018, 18:36

Yep, and he's stil making campaign promises to them. One day they may wake up and discover not feds coming to collect taxes, but oil men coming up to kick them off the land, and their militias will have to decide if they fight against people like that or just do what they say.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jul 2018, 18:40

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:He sees them as emblematic of his base (rural white Christians). Their social, political and cultural supremacy is one of his only political convictions.

Yep. But like Bobzilla writes, it is a potentially dangerous precedent.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 11 Jul 2018, 18:55

Maybe. But precedent hardly seems to mean anything anymore. In modern America, the same act is good when it benefits my tribe and bad when it benefits yours.

I think his “base” understands this implicitly. It’s a feature, not a bug.

Return to “Nextdoorland”