Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 00:13

Everything you need to know about the TRUMP supporter’s mindset is in his resignation letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics ... index.html
HE didn’t do anything wrong — it’s all those Godless unfair forces marshalled against him. I expect to see this guy with a paying gig lying for TRUMP on CNN before the end of the year.
uggy poopy doody.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2018, 01:05

sneelock wrote:Everything you need to know about the TRUMP supporter’s mindset is in his resignation letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics ... index.html
HE didn’t do anything wrong — it’s all those Godless unfair forces marshalled against him. I expect to see this guy with a paying gig lying for TRUMP on CNN before the end of the year.

Yeah, it's been transformative if scorched earth is your goal. I would say unbelievable but I'd be lying.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 06 Jul 2018, 03:23

bobzilla77 wrote:
He doesn't have to do anything to demonstrate that he actually cares. He just has to say it. That's how desperate people are.

It makes me wonder why the Democrats don't even TALK about that stuff anymore. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that those people are fucked, and should move or go back to college to get another skill. But come on - if you were them, wouldn't you want to at least HEAR THE WORDS that a politician was going to swoop in and protect you?

Yes. Not a difficult conclusion to reach on your own but maybe you've bolstered your view watching a Jimmy Dore vid or two. If the Democrats say nothing and Trump says something people will tend to like the something rather than the nothing.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 03:46

Something: They’re rapists. I never said Muslim ban. You ever see this guy? Enemy of the people. Infesting our country. Etc etc etc..
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 03:49

I have the best words!
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 Jul 2018, 04:13

bobzilla77 wrote:^^ I think it's because he told certain communities, like coal miners and people who work in manufacturing, that he cared about them.

He doesn't have to do anything to demonstrate that he actually cares. He just has to say it. That's how desperate people are.

It makes me wonder why the Democrats don't even TALK about that stuff anymore. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that those people are fucked, and should move or go back to college to get another skill. But come on - if you were them, wouldn't you want to at least HEAR THE WORDS that a politician was going to swoop in and protect you?

Well...he isn’t doing anything for the coal miners economically. But he might be doing a lot of things they like otherwise.

They might like seeing him knocking kneeling black athletes down a peg. Perhaps they like him detaining Mexicans and South American people at the border and locking them up. Maybe they are happy to see him reverse as many Obama policies as possible.

Ultimately I think the folks in Trump’s base just like the fact that he stands for them as the “real” America, and isn’t afraid to treat everyone else as if they are second class citizens.

They are probably willing to accept that their jobs aren’t coming back. In their heart of heart they knew that much already. But they wanted someone to put them first - and Trump is more than willing to pretend to care about them almost as much as he cares about himself and his stacks of money and his millions of grudges.

It’s a mistake to think that any of this was ever about policy. It has always been about identity.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Jul 2018, 16:32

OH FFS!!!

President Donald Trump used to taunt North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as “Little Rocket Man” for his frequent missile tests.

Now, as relations between the two thaw, Trump is sending Kim a gift: An Elton John CD with the song “Rocket Man” on it, signed by the president himself.

South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper reports that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is in Pyongyang for a meeting with Kim, is bringing a letter from Trump and the CD.

Citing a diplomatic source in Washington, the newspaper said Kim mentioned the derogative nickname to Trump during their meeting in Singapore last month. Trump asked if he knew the song, and Kim replied that he didn’t.

Now, he’ll be able to hear the tune, and maybe return the favor with a mix tape.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 27ccf081bd
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 17:15

you hear that speech in Montana? if not - don't do it. don't go near it. I can't believe that smoking Angel Dust could harm your brain as much as trying to make sense that this astonishing windbag is the President of the United States. "Hopefully the brain is attached to the mouth" yeah, hopefully.
uggy poopy doody.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 06 Jul 2018, 17:20

Give a shit or be a shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Jul 2018, 17:27

sneelock wrote:you hear that speech in Montana? if not - don't do it. don't go near it. I can't believe that smoking Angel Dust could harm your brain as much as trying to make sense that this astonishing windbag is the President of the United States. "Hopefully the brain is attached to the mouth" yeah, hopefully.

It was a lesson on how to thread non-sequiturs.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Jul 2018, 17:29

sneelock wrote:it's pretty simple really. everybody I know who carries on about how much they hate politics voted for TRUMP. they STILL hate politics - they hate the media, they hate the government, they love TRUMP. They hate "the elites" and hang on every word of a guy who boasts of his gold toilet. that's a lot of hate right there. He is the monster from their ID & they don't find this monster as fearsome as they find politics, media, government. go figure.

what I don't get is how long TRUMP will get away with running the government while continuing to capitalize on people hating it. you'd think the point would have passed already where some chickens would come home to roost but I'm not convinced it ever will. we have a President of the United States who threatens to shut down the government. you are either on the side that thinks this a wonderful thing or you think its CRAZY. never the twain shall meet.

Heard something last night that Trump supporters aren't really pro-conservative, just anti-liberal.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 06 Jul 2018, 18:18

I think it is a waste of time and energy trying to understand them. One thing is clear - logical appeals won’t work.

Just as with a certain member of this board, you just have to accept the fact that they are beyond reach. The rest of us just need to transcend our differences and take them out of the driver’s seat.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Jul 2018, 18:22

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I think it is a waste of time and energy trying to understand them. One thing is clear - logical appeals won’t work.

Just as with a certain member of this board, you just have to accept the fact that they are beyond reach. The rest of us just need to transcend our differences and take them out of the driver’s seat.

Like Kraftwerk off the Autobahn?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Jul 2018, 19:13

Davey the Fat Boy wrote: you just have to accept the fact that they are beyond reach.

I agree with this part.

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:The rest of us just need to transcend our differences and take them out of the driver’s seat.

I think this part is easier said than done. sure, we all transcend, that sounds good. but how likely is it?
Maxine Waters transcends confronting people supporting separating families as being a biblical plan of action. Chuck and Nancy transcend telling Maxine Waters how she should talk about what. The Black Woman's Caucus transcends telling Chuck & Nancy that they've got no business lecturing Maxine Waters. primary challengers transcend winning seats from established seal of approval candidates. the DNC transcends being hostile to democratically elected candidates and withholding funds. that's a lot of transcending but I'm being coy because I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

I think what you mean to say is that people on "the left" need to get with the program and do what they're told so the party can present a unified front. While it’s easy to follow the logic I just don't think that's going to happen. The Dems need to make peace with the base or (like with the Black Woman's Caucus) they risk losing it's support.

the Democratic party needs to get it's act together. we all transcend or nobody does. the party splits and the Trumpies score more wins. it takes two to tango. I don't mind if the old guard wants to lead but they can't do this dance by themselves.

I think the party establishment needs to engage the base and make their peace with it. a little effort would go a long way.
uggy poopy doody.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 07 Jul 2018, 04:32

I’m not sure Snee.

Look - if a little effort really would go very long, I’d be for giving a lot of effort. It is important to unify. I’d love to see the party do as much as possible to ensure that we do.

But I sense that it won’t be that easy.

The Clinton campaign adopted most of the Sanders platform. It didn’t help. Perez took on Ellison as his deputy. Didn’t help. I’m not sure what will. Nor do I think we have the time for a charm offensive.

So I’m hoping that we have a candidate with the skill to stitch it all together. Or absent that, I’m hoping that everyone understands the stakes. Because I’m pretty sure that our nation will not survive 8 years of Trump without becoming something very very alien.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Jul 2018, 08:08

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
The Clinton campaign adopted most of the Sanders platform. It didn’t help. Perez took on Ellison as his deputy. Didn’t help. I’m not sure what will. Nor do I think we have the time for a charm offensive.

And voters spotted that hypocrisy and went with the more genuine-seeming candidate, crazy Uncle Trump.

You ignore what progressive internet pundits like Cenk, Dore, Kalinski and others scream out daily, that for the Dems to win in 2020 they need run on policy not charm. Promote free college (and trade school), Medicare for all, end stupid wars, legalize pot, campaign reform, etc., AND MEAN IT! You may think it is too late but it isn't. Look how quickly Cortez became a media star, and she's just a candidate. Start promoting a radical shift from politics as usual now and you will get attention and then some votes.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 07 Jul 2018, 08:54

Case in point.

Answer with a Jimmy Dore video, please...
Last edited by Davey the Fat Boy on 07 Jul 2018, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Jul 2018, 09:40

"We're gonna beat Trump with hard-nosed civility and compromise."
Question authority.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Jul 2018, 17:02

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jul 2018, 21:53

^^^ Likely too plausible a theory for Jimbo to get invested in. :)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Nextdoorland”