Do talk back
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
- hounds people off the board
- Posts: 19653
- Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
- Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store
One of the NME's key players for a couple of decades, compiler of the legendary C81 and C86 cassettes, and the author of a couple of decent rock tomes you could well have in your collection...
GoogaMooga wrote:There's this joke about cowbells in the States, "More cowbell, we need more cowbell!".
- clive gash
- wannabee enfant terrible
- Posts: 17041
- Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
- Location: down the rabbit hole
NME leg end. I remember him saying that the first time he heard 1969 he was in a helicopter flying over the Woodstock crowd below.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?
- Power-mad king of the WCC
- Posts: 27553
- Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
- Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'
Yeah, I definitely had that Beatles book as one of my very first music-related books. I think I had the Bowie one too. Didn't necessarily agree with all his opinions, but I liked how concisely he managed to blend critical thought and fact without it ever seeming overly stodgy or arrogant. He was the perfect "moderate" in a pretty intemperate era.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.
Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.
1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!