Depp in Rolling Stone

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Depp in Rolling Stone

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Jun 2018, 14:44

I knew something was wrong when I saw this ad on a bus stop a few years back:

GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 26 Jun 2018, 22:30

Let's face it, recent off-screen history has shown him to be a fucking arsehole (right up there with McQueen, the kind of the tosspots). The problem is the legions of desperate apologists (even on this thread) allow him to get away with it (probably even encourage it) by forgiving him and worrying about his "problems" etc, and all the while he continues to be an arsehole. Quelle surprise.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 26 Jun 2018, 22:47

I went and saw Alice Cooper live a few years ago. At one point I noticed there was a real seventies looking guy with a wide-brimmed hat on the left side of the stage playing guitar, as Alice ran through covers of the Doors, the Who and some of his other pals in the "Hollywood Vampires" drinking club.

Eventually the skinny guy with the hat was introduced as Johnny Depp.

I applauded, mostly because I was grateful it wasn't Dave Navarro.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jun 2018, 04:02

bobzilla77 wrote:I went and saw Alice Cooper live a few years ago. At one point I noticed there was a real seventies looking guy with a wide-brimmed hat on the left side of the stage playing guitar, as Alice ran through covers of the Doors, the Who and some of his other pals in the "Hollywood Vampires" drinking club.

Eventually the skinny guy with the hat was introduced as Johnny Depp.

I applauded, mostly because I was grateful it wasn't Dave Navarro.

:lol:

That's a low bar of tolerance.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 27 Jun 2018, 18:55

Remember the band P. with Johnny Depp, Gibby from the Butthole Surfers, and the guy that owned the Viper Room?

Time for a reassessment?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

caramba

Postby caramba » 28 Jun 2018, 10:59

Nikki Gradual wrote:Let's face it, recent off-screen history has shown him to be a fucking arsehole (right up there with McQueen, the kind of the tosspots). The problem is the legions of desperate apologists (even on this thread) allow him to get away with it (probably even encourage it) by forgiving him and worrying about his "problems" etc, and all the while he continues to be an arsehole. Quelle surprise.

In fairness to Depp, hasn't he frequently made low-key visits to kids wards in places like Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 28 Jun 2018, 11:54

caramba wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:Let's face it, recent off-screen history has shown him to be a fucking arsehole (right up there with McQueen, the kind of the tosspots). The problem is the legions of desperate apologists (even on this thread) allow him to get away with it (probably even encourage it) by forgiving him and worrying about his "problems" etc, and all the while he continues to be an arsehole. Quelle surprise.

In fairness to Depp, hasn't he frequently made low-key visits to kids wards in places like Great Ormond Street Hospital.

You see I don't get that. Nobody's going round now saying that Jimmy Savile may have been a bit dubious in his proclivities, but he did raise £40 million for charity and do all those marathons, so you know, maybe he wasn't really so bad. An extreme example I know, but cuntdom is cuntdom and a few good deeds shouldn't buy you a get of jail free card. Mind you, most of this is tempered by the fact that apart from Amber Heard, Depp hasn't YET been really skewered.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"