RIP Vinnie Paul

Do talk back
C
Robust

RIP Vinnie Paul

Postby C » 23 Jun 2018, 14:08

Vinnie Paul, co-founder and drummer of the metal band Pantera, has died aged 54, the band announced on Facebook

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Fonz

Re: RIP Vinnie Paul

Postby Fonz » 23 Jun 2018, 16:51

RIP

Pantera helped rescue metal in the nineties.
Great drummer. Very influential.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 24 Jun 2018, 09:04

A tattooist friend, who’s a pretty gifted drummer himself, hooked up with Vinnie whilst they were touring here. He invited him back to his place out in Kent and was surprised when Vinnie knocked on the door on a day off. He gave a free lesson, jammed with all those hastily invited over and stayed until the early hours telling stories. He kept in touch with my friend eventually got inked by him. A sweet guy, it must have been so hard to carry on after the tragedy of the death of his brother. Love Pantera, although Anselmo is a dick. RIP Vinnie.

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 03 Jul 2018, 21:54

Such a tragic family story. I really have a soft spot for these knuckleheads.
kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Jul 2018, 22:15

Yeah it's too bad. I rather liked Vinnie, and Darryl. It took me a long time to get into Pantera but I keep Vulgar Display of Power handy in the car, because there are certain days you just NEED to drive really fast to the sound of "Fucking Hostile."

That story Jumper K just told fits right in with what I knew about him and makes me happy. He made a bunch of peoples' day, probably not the only time he did something like that.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Jul 2018, 22:15

I also found it touching to read that he and his brother used to say "Van Halen!" to each other as they were getting ready to go onstage. Their personal shorthand for "let's go kick some ass!"
Last edited by bobzilla77 on 03 Jul 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Return to “Yakety Yak”