BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby yomptepi » 18 Jun 2018, 22:45

I am looking at one tomorrow.
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jun 2018, 22:47

yomptepi wrote:I am looking at one tomorrow.

I was kidding.

About the guitars, anyway.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jun 2018, 21:54

I had to go into my bank for a wire transfer to pay the title on my new place. My banker was English, from Birmingham. I asked him if he was happy about the World Cup results yesterday and he said in England, they'd get the afternoon off to watch it. He asked me, "What's wrong with your country?"

Next match is Saturday or Sunday at 5 am against Panama so he's all set.

He married a Fremont, CA girl and he's been here for the last three years.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 21 Jun 2018, 23:28

I can't even think straight. That fucker and his separating kids from their parents and detaining them in these 'camps' policy (and then blaming it all on the Democrats and our failure to not 'close legal loopholes') should be the last straw. What more will it take for Americans en masse to realize he's the anti Christ? People have been talking about this for days but because I've got other shit going on in my life, I've pushed it to the back of my conscience. Only today has it risen up like a bubbling cauldron of Freudian stew to fuck with my awareness.

I feel like doing bodily harm to someone. Guess who it is?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Jun 2018, 23:33

Matt Wilson wrote:I feel like doing bodily harm to someone. Guess who it is?

John Coan?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 21 Jun 2018, 23:44

Coan has been bitch slapped by me enough. We have a routine - if he's mouthing off, I bring out my hand, which is wearing the pimp glove. If he continues to give me lip, I slowly remove the fingers of the glove, thus warning him of my intention to strike - kinda like a rattlesnake. Usually, that does the trick. But on the rare occasions when a further show of force is needed, I have to actually remove the glove and proceed to bitch slap. This is not something I enjoy doing, but sometimes an example needs to be made.

You see, John, a pimp shouldn't have to take off his glove. I don't like it, but when I do, I have to administer the slap to any ho in the vicinity. Like a samurai who only draws his sword when he needs to, and then only to kill, or a gunslinger who draws his gun only to shoot.

It's a nasty business, you see.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2018, 16:34

Matt Wilson wrote:Coan has been bitch slapped by me enough. We have a routine - if he's mouthing off, I bring out my hand, which is wearing the pimp glove. If he continues to give me lip, I slowly remove the fingers of the glove, thus warning him of my intention to strike - kinda like a rattlesnake. Usually, that does the trick. But on the rare occasions when a further show of force is needed, I have to actually remove the glove and proceed to bitch slap. This is not something I enjoy doing, but sometimes an example needs to be made.

You see, John, a pimp shouldn't have to take off his glove. I don't like it, but when I do, I have to administer the slap to any ho in the vicinity. Like a samurai who only draws his sword when he needs to, and then only to kill, or a gunslinger who draws his gun only to shoot.

It's a nasty business, you see.

Understood.

File under: Nice to know.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 22 Jun 2018, 16:42

My ass-end of nowhere south Texas town made the national news for two completely unrelated reasons this week!
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2018, 16:47

pcqgod wrote:My ass-end of nowhere south Texas town made the national news for two completely unrelated reasons this week!

Hemorrhoids?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 22 Jun 2018, 17:18

Like Yomp I have an elderly parent in the wars. Collapsed on Wednesday on the bog and couldn't walk. Luckily I was there but he's nearing the end I feel. Currently he's in hospital awaiting an operation next week. He's pragmatic about it all but I think he just wants to leave before it descends into full time care, which is what we're nearing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2018, 17:26

Toby wrote:Like Yomp I have an elderly parent in the wars. Collapsed on Wednesday on the bog and couldn't walk. Luckily I was there but he's nearing the end I feel. Currently he's in hospital awaiting an operation next week. He's pragmatic about it all but I think he just wants to leave before it descends into full time care, which is what we're nearing.

I remember visiting my grandmother in the residential facility for the last time. She was near 90 and I asked her how she was feeling. She said, "I'm tired. I just want to go." And I knew she didn't mean home.

From there it was a couple of days. I kinda appreciated that she felt that living had gotten to be too much of a struggle to keep going.

This was a woman who used to cut her backyard weeds with a scythe and I felt like she deserved to go on her own terms. And in large part, she did.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2018, 23:03

My son loves Danny Devito and last night he was watching the movie, Twins, with Schwarzenegger.

All of a sudden he said, "I wish I'd grown up in the '90s."

I asked him why and he said, "It looks like it was a great time to be alive."

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Jun 2018, 16:13

I hope you told him Twins is from the '80s.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Jun 2018, 16:27

Matt Wilson wrote:I hope you told him Twins is from the '80s.

It was ahead of its time.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Jun 2018, 16:29

:lol:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Jun 2018, 16:39

My wife told me that inspired by Japanese World Cup soccer fans who cleaned up around their seats after the match, fans from other countries started to do the same. Nice, right? Turns out that the people hired to clean up the stadium are very unhappy.
Question authority.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Jun 2018, 17:03

So I've recently purchased my new stereo rig - four speakers, subwoofer, receiver, etc. And I don't feel like looking up how to install everything. Even the speaker wire installation looks different than when I used to do this thirty years ago. Then you had to split the two wires and insert each into a separate hole, now it looks as if you twist the wires together and insert it into one hole.

Anyway, I asked on yelp how much it would cost to have someone come out and do it for me. I figured maybe an hour, $100 or so. The only person who responded said it was more like a two - three hour job and it would be $130 an hour.

WTF? I told him I'd pass. There's gotta be an easier way.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 23 Jun 2018, 19:58

sloopjohnc wrote:My son loves Danny Devito and last night he was watching the movie, Twins, with Schwarzenegger.

My Mam is 86 and she was telling me about my niece who was off to see Demi Lovato...almost.

Me: "So R is going to a concert on Friday. Who's she going to see?"
Mam:"I'm not too sure, I know she really likes her, I think it's Danny Devito"

:D

I hope my Mam lives to, but never grows up in, her 90's!
Give a shit or be a shit.

NMB

Postby NMB » 23 Jun 2018, 23:25

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:My son loves Danny Devito and last night he was watching the movie, Twins, with Schwarzenegger.

My Mam is 86 and she was telling me about my niece who was off to see Demi Lovato...almost.

Me: "So R is going to a concert on Friday. Who's she going to see?"
Mam:"I'm not too sure, I know she really likes her, I think it's Danny Devito"

:D

I hope my Mam lives to, but never grows up in, her 90's!

This would be even funnier if I had the faintest idea who Demi Lovato is. Maybe you should introduce me to your Mum.
turn on, tune in, nod off

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Jun 2018, 11:32

Matt Wilson wrote:So I've recently purchased my new stereo rig - four speakers, subwoofer, receiver, etc. And I don't feel like looking up how to install everything. Even the speaker wire installation looks different than when I used to do this thirty years ago. Then you had to split the two wires and insert each into a separate hole, now it looks as if you twist the wires together and insert it into one hole.

Anyway, I asked on yelp how much it would cost to have someone come out and do it for me. I figured maybe an hour, $100 or so. The only person who responded said it was more like a two - three hour job and it would be $130 an hour.

WTF? I told him I'd pass. There's gotta be an easier way.

Instructions?

Return to “Nextdoorland”