Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jun 2018, 20:58

Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Jun 2018, 21:01

The level of visual tone deafness of these people is incredible. Nielsen going to a Mexican restaurant the day of all the news coverage on the kids and parents is a perfect example.

That should have been the night she said, "Let's do Italian."
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jun 2018, 21:06

sloopjohnc wrote: Nielsen going to a Mexican restaurant the day of all the news coverage on the kids and parents is a perfect example.

That should have been the night she said, "Let's do Italian."

Oh, I know who Nielsen is! She's the lady who got heckled by protesters in the Mexican restaurant.

So now that you know I know can I get some cred back?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 21 Jun 2018, 21:28

Jimbo wrote:You know, to be honest, from where I sit and what I have experienced, no matter how the US government handles those people, in the end they'll be all right. Even with Trump in charge. They won't be killed like the Jews in Europe or like in any other infamous mass round up and killing. They will be treated roughly and they deserve to be treated much better but in the end they will survive, unlike how they may have fared in their home countries. The US immigration policy is a horror show but not a death squad.

Which brings us back to Baron’s astute assessment of you:

LeBaron wrote:1. This is all a big game to you
2. You don’t really give a shit about other humans
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 21 Jun 2018, 21:58

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:You know, to be honest, from where I sit and what I have experienced, no matter how the US government handles those people, in the end they'll be all right. Even with Trump in charge. They won't be killed like the Jews in Europe or like in any other infamous mass round up and killing. They will be treated roughly and they deserve to be treated much better but in the end they will survive, unlike how they may have fared in their home countries. The US immigration policy is a horror show but not a death squad.

Which brings us back to Baron’s astute assessment of you:

LeBaron wrote:1. This is all a big game to you
2. You don’t really give a shit about other humans

It’s also not at all clear that these people, particularly the children, will just “be alright.” That’s not a bet I would take.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 Jun 2018, 22:27

Following the Jimbo argument:

1) Yes, this is a cruel policy. But these are illegals, after all.
2) Oh, some of them are asylum seekers? Well, Obama treated them the same way.
3) Oh, he didn't? Well, he was almost as bad.
4) Oh, Obama didn't charge asylum seekers with a crime? Well, it's not like he's shooting them on 5th Avenue. It's just an inconvenience they'll be able to tell their grandchildren about. They'll be OK.

Have you considered seeking employment in the Trump cabinet? You're definitely their kinda people.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Jun 2018, 03:24

toomanyhatz wrote:
Have you considered seeking employment in the Trump cabinet? You're definitely their kinda people.

I said early on that I don't hate Trump. I shake my head and mutter "Holy shit," when I see him bumbling on the news at international conferences - he so not "presidential" - but that is not enough for me to hate him. Plus he's American and deserves the right to be President just like any American. It's an "Only in America!" wonderment that a pussy grabbing schmuck like him won and now I'm dealing sanely with it, i.e., with a sense of humor. Since the campaign I was chastised here (esp. by DD) for not hating him but Trump did say he'd build new airports and as a traveler that sounded good. I also liked how he said he was moved after talking with black leaders like maybe he'd do something good for African Americans. So far he hasn't done anything revolutionary. It is possible his draconian immigration crack down move is for them for it is the poor who are losing job opportunities to illegal immigrants. That he caved and rejiggered the law to allow kids to stay with families is a sign of goodness, i.e., he's not Dr. Evil. (Actually he's Biff from Back To The Future.) How he's actually managed the government is a something to consider but I went to the embassy the other day for a passport and lo and behold, the embassy was still there and I got my passport. Not to mention that my social security check comes every month. And his foreign policy policy is pro-Israel so I can't hate him for that plus he's carrying on the senseless 9/11 false flag middle east wars just like Bush and Obama had, as if Hillary had said congratulations after the loss and slipped him the deep state playbook - wink! And I loved how he said he'd talk with Putin. Collaborating with Putin my eye. The Russiagate charges are bullshit and serve only to remind voters that Hillary is a sore loser, not to mention a hypocrite for selling Russia US uranium and Bill taking big money for speeches. Oh, and for cheating Sanders. At least Trump won fair and square. The good news is - if he doesn't pull a Hitler - he needs to run again in 2020. The bad news is it's against the Democrats.

PS The guy is an amateur but if you notice he is getting better at the job. Maybe once he's found a firmer footing and gained more confidence and knows more of the ins and outs he will make good some of his promised moves like improving the health care and draining the swamp. Maybe.
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 22 Jun 2018, 06:02

Jimbo wrote:Oh, I know who Nielsen is! She's the lady who got heckled by protesters in the Mexican restaurant.

If that's how you know who she is then I suspect you haven't been paying attention to some of the very issues you allude to, but comically misapprehend.

Does anyone think this place could sustain a discussion about politics that didn't have this "everybody vs. Jimbo" fulcrum that this one seems to rest on? Not because I want to give him a break, but I I feel like this scattered logic that's always getting taken to task is kind of a distraction.

I don't want to think about having to "prove" to Jimbo that he (that you, Jimbo :) ) took a contradictory stance on something 12 pages ago. It's wearing me out.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 22 Jun 2018, 06:10

Jimbo wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

I said early on that I don't hate Trump. I shake my head and mutter "Holy shit," when I see him bumbling on the news at international conferences - he so not "presidential" - but that is not enough for me to hate him. Plus he's American and deserves the right to be President just like any American. It's an "Only in America!" wonderment that a pussy grabbing schmuck like him won and now I'm dealing sanely with it, i.e., with a sense of humor. Since the campaign I was chastised here (esp. by DD) for not hating him but Trump did say he'd build new airports and as a traveler that sounded good. I also liked how he said he was moved after talking with black leaders like maybe he'd do something good for African Americans. So far he hasn't done anything revolutionary. It is possible his draconian immigration crack down move is for them for it is the poor who are losing job opportunities to illegal immigrants. That he caved and rejiggered the law to allow kids to stay with families is a sign of goodness, i.e., he's not Dr. Evil. (Actually he's Biff from Back To The Future.) How he's actually managed the government is a something to consider but I went to the embassy the other day for a passport and lo and behold, the embassy was still there and I got my passport. Not to mention that my social security check comes every month. And his foreign policy policy is pro-Israel so I can't hate him for that plus he's carrying on the senseless 9/11 false flag middle east wars just like Bush and Obama had, as if Hillary had said congratulations after the loss and slipped him the deep state playbook - wink! And I loved how he said he'd talk with Putin. Collaborating with Putin my eye. The Russiagate charges are bullshit and serve only to remind voters that Hillary is a sore loser, not to mention a hypocrite for selling Russia US uranium and Bill taking big money for speeches. Oh, and for cheating Sanders. At least Trump won fair and square. The good news is - if he doesn't pull a Hitler - he needs to run again in 2020. The bad news is it's against the Democrats.

PS The guy is an amateur but if you notice he is getting better at the job. Maybe once he's found a firmer footing and gained more confidence and knows more of the ins and outs he will make good some of his promised moves like improving the health care and draining the swamp. Maybe.

Andy Kaufman is still alive and posting in Nextdoorland. It’s the only explanation.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Jun 2018, 07:03

Snarfyguy wrote:
I don't want to think about having to "prove" to Jimbo that he (that you, Jimbo :) ) took a contradictory stance on something 12 pages ago. It's wearing me out.

I'd rather be movable in my opinions than dogmatic. I'm no expert, to say the very least, but I do know politics and governing are complicated. There are many intelligent and engaging speakers and writers to whom I pay attention, many with opposing views and if it's a sensible argument I pay heed and maybe add it to my measly and jumbled arsenal of ideas. I didn't know the names of the architects of Trump's immigration plan. Sue me. I do know, however, thanks to a Lee Camp video that trillions are missing from our coffers. Which do you think is more important to know, the names of a couple of Republican patsies set up to take the flak for a shitty Republican policy or that the hugest heist in the history of the world is going on with our taxes?

Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 22 Jun 2018, 07:22

Snarfyguy wrote:Does anyone think this place could sustain a discussion about politics that didn't have this "everybody vs. Jimbo" fulcrum that this one seems to rest on? Not because I want to give him a break, but I I feel like this scattered logic that's always getting taken to task is kind of a distraction.

So don't do it!

People continue to engage with him and it's a waste of time because he's a loonie. It's like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where they're trying to play cards or Monopoly and DeVito keeps piping up 'HOTEL! HOTEL!' and it screws up the game.

There are all kinds of interesting discussions we could be having, but unfortunately most regular contributors to these threads put all their energies into 'putting Jimbo right'. It's tiresome to read, let alone get involved in!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Jun 2018, 07:47

ORORORO wrote: It's tiresome to read, let alone get involved in!

Then stick to your silly nonsense threads. It's probably because I immerse myself in politics, conspiracy and the like that I have no patience for silliness anymore. Maybe it is making me loonie but I find it exciting and fun and it has, at least, the illusion of importance. (I do often picture myself in that scene in Six Feet Under when the guy is shoved into an ambulance muttering "9/11. 9/11.")
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jun 2018, 13:01

Fingers crossed that Anthony Kennedy doesn’t announce his retirement in the next week!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jun 2018, 13:01

And if he does, surely Mitch McConnell will agreee that, with the midterms coming up in this fraught political season, it would be unduly hasty and downright imprudent to hold confirmation hearings until newly elected Senators take their seats!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jun 2018, 13:11

Jimbo wrote:
ORORORO wrote: It's tiresome to read, let alone get involved in!

Then stick to your silly nonsense threads. It's probably because I immerse myself in politics, conspiracy and the like that I have no patience for silliness anymore.

Then why do you continue to adopt silly media gurus who spout silly and irrelevant nonsense about politics?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jun 2018, 13:12

Oops I did it again
:x :(

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 22 Jun 2018, 15:09

ORORORO wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Does anyone think this place could sustain a discussion about politics that didn't have this "everybody vs. Jimbo" fulcrum that this one seems to rest on? Not because I want to give him a break, but I I feel like this scattered logic that's always getting taken to task is kind of a distraction.

So don't do it!

People continue to engage with him and it's a waste of time because he's a loonie. It's like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where they're trying to play cards or Monopoly and DeVito keeps piping up 'HOTEL! HOTEL!' and it screws up the game.

There are all kinds of interesting discussions we could be having, but unfortunately most regular contributors to these threads put all their energies into 'putting Jimbo right'. It's tiresome to read, let alone get involved in!

I’m down with that. It is clearly a waste of time.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 22 Jun 2018, 16:25

ORORORO wrote:

So don't do it!

It's a total waste of time. Of course it is. But then Jimbo is symbolic of something much greater. He's the Trump supporter regurgitating some fake news rubbish. He's the left wing div who wouldn't vote for Clinton because she wasn't left wing enough. He's the conspiracy nut who believes the moon landings were faked. He's all these things and more and in a world where people feel powerless and helpless and where we are drowning in utter nonsense arguing with him is our way of trying to fight this nonsense in the only way we can. It's futile and ultimately pointless but it's all we have and that's why We persist.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 22 Jun 2018, 16:37

It's just a distraction - like a teacher spending all their class time silencing some clown at the back who keeps putting his hand up and shouting "SO WHAT ABOUT DA MEATBALL?". When the bell goes the other kids all file out having learned fuck-all.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 22 Jun 2018, 16:40

It is a distraction but there's this desire that people have to Fight Bullshit, you know?

Return to “Nextdoorland”