Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 19 Jun 2018, 23:16

so, hot on the heels of International condemnation for all this border/parent crap - we withdraw from the UN human rights council.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics ... index.html
so, am I REALLY going to have to hear about every goddam thing Obama and others did vis-a-vis Israel?
is this REALLY supposed to let this mean lady and her mean boss off the hook for calling this institution a "cesspool"???
can't THIS leadership get smacked for doing jackass shit without me having to atone for myself? jeebus!!!
Last edited by Sneelock on 20 Jun 2018, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Jun 2018, 23:18

it should CHILL people to the bone that we are doing this but it wont' because we'll be too busy bickering with each other about who is allowed to complain about what.
uggy poopy doody.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jun 2018, 23:33

Jimbo wrote:I liked Obama, a lot! His speeches were fantastic. But I also don't hate Trump and his speeches stink but he's good for a goof. I think the visceral hatred of Trump is more harmful than a fuck it attitude, especially when you know many of his policies are not that much different from Obama's. Immigration policy must be the hardest to craft. Obama's wasn't a "let 'em all in" policy like the MAGAs are yelling. His was supposedly the strictest policy ever. Trump campaigned and was elected to get tough on immigration and that is what he is trying to do, to get tough but I'll bet that somehow, like under Obama and presidents before, the California farmers will still have plenty of illegals picking fruit this year. It's all about style over substance.

I gotta say, I kinda agree with ol' Jimbo on aspects of this. But correction Jimbo. California farmers are finding it difficult to get enough workers, so you're wrong there.

From LA Times: “We don’t see — no matter what happens — that the labor problem will be solved,” said Soren Bjorn, president of Driscoll’s of the Americas.

That’s because immigrant farmworkers in California’s agricultural heartlands are getting older and not being replaced. After decades of crackdowns, the net flow across the U.S.-Mexico border reversed in 2005, a trend that accelerated through 2014, according to a Pew Research Center study. And native-born Americans aren’t interested in the job, even at wages that have soared at higher than average rates."

It's easy to do with Trump, but Obama is being deified in contrast, for reasons unknown to me. I don't think Obama's stance on immigration was much better.

Now, I also agree with Sneelock about getting on board with ending the policy of separating parents from children, but there were lots of holes in Obama's policies.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 19 Jun 2018, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Jun 2018, 23:36

sneelock wrote:depends on what you mean by "plenty"
https://www.npr.org/2018/05/03/60799681 ... e-industry
you're a big boy Jimbo. If you see no difference between regressive policies and this "America First" horseshit then that's your business.

I think WAY different. I've seen people on TV cheering this guy saying "they're rapists", calling them animals. I think there's a big difference between bad policies that smell of racist politicizing and policies that STINK of it.

Thanks for the article. It seems like the old days of hiring "wetbacks" are ending. A success, sort of. Too successful, perhaps, but that's the law.

For the rest of your thread, that's America, man! Not saying it's good by any means but that is America. You never overheard or even joined in racist talk? Never told those ethnic jokes? Japanese don't have that kind of culture. Never heard a Korean or Chinese joke. Not saying they're paragons of righteousness but they're at least polite. That kind of "rank out" banter doesn't go down here. America's is a racist - and macho - culture.

Trump will be gone and maybe a more urbane president will fill the office but thanks to the internet the American knuckle-headed id has been unleashed. But if the next leader is any good he'll somehow tamp down the hatred, especially if it's a Bernie or my new guy, the $1000 a month guy. Hopefully the next guy or gal will stop war, imperialism, racism, election fraud, private prisons, news sites which actually give the news, etc.

Good night.
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Jun 2018, 23:41

How can you sleep with all those squirrels running around inside your head? ;p
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Jun 2018, 23:44

sneelock wrote:How can you sleep with all those squirrels running around inside your head? ;p

:lol: Funny you should ask. Been up all night and it's 7:45 am and I ain't even sleepy.
Question authority.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 19 Jun 2018, 23:44

Whataboutism is the biggest fucking handbrake in existence. I don't give a flying fuck what Obama did, what Hillary might've did, what anybody else fucking did. At this point in time the ONLY thing that matters is Trump and his stupid band of heartless spongeheads is DOING it, and it needs to be fucking stopped.

See also: the evil shit my country is doing with migrants.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Jun 2018, 23:50

The Red Heifer wrote:Whataboutism is the biggest fucking handbrake in existence. I don't give a flying fuck what Obama did, what Hillary might've did, what anybody else fucking did. At this point in time the ONLY thing that matters is Trump and his stupid band of heartless spongeheads is DOING it, and it needs to be fucking stopped.

What about what Hitler did? They are comparing Trump's immigration policy to Hitler. Does that ring your bell?

It should.
James Q. Whitman’s Hitler’s American Model, which examines how the Third Reich found sustenance for its race-based initiatives in American law.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... is/540630/
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 00:16

Jimbo, does it bother you when I compare thee to a Summer’s day?
uggy poopy doody.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 00:57

there is a William Gibson tweet making the rounds that I think makes a good point. there is a section of Trump's audience who want to see him inflict cruelty on others. I think that's pretty fair.

Obama had detaining and deportation policies that were troubling - this is fair. Obama had supporters who didn't really express opinions on those policies - THIS is fair. Obama supporters did not GET OFF on separating children from their families. to even suggest anything of the sort is NOT fair. no matter how big a hypocrite I might be -- this is a whole different level of ugly.
Last edited by Sneelock on 20 Jun 2018, 01:02, edited 2 times in total.
uggy poopy doody.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 20 Jun 2018, 01:00

Furthermore, calling Roosevelt - who's been dead for longer than I've been alive, last I checked - to task for policies of 60 years ago takes the "whataboutism" a step further. We're supposed to be getting better, not bragging about getting worse.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Jun 2018, 01:15

sneelock wrote:Jimbo, does it bother you when I compare thee to a Summer’s day?

Compare away!

I spend so much time on the computer reading articles, viewing videos, listening to podcasts, doing audio biooks about the CIA, MKL, JFK, -- all political shit and history. My brain is packed with info - alternative info, (alternative facts) lefty, righty, conspiracy and I'm loving it! Can't sleep tonight so I'm venting - and learning more from you all. So I visit some sites which are sympathetic to Trump and some of the points are good and so I can't thoroughly hate the guy. But almost everything I read about HRC is bad. :lol: But all the info is critical. Sites with just the facts are boring or deemed fake news like Snopes. What I'm doing on a deeper level is reinforcing my belief that 9/11 was our own doing. With every bit of critical non-boilerplate info I take in I think of all the illegal wars, all the racism, all the corruption, all the coverups, all the false flags, all the assassinations, all the mysterious deaths, all the mainstream pablum propaganda, all the unaccountable corrupted politicians. Then I stack all that against all the 9/11 lies and anomalies and conclude surely 9/11, too, was another in a long line of evil shit we've done. Or was that the one miraculous time in our history when we were pure and all was right in the empire except for that "waskal Bin Wadin".

From what I am reading about the CIA I would have to conclude that the way the INS is now reorganized as ICE goes back to the Vietnam War pacification and blackmail program Operation Phoenix, a template for much of our modern policing and control. Separating families is right up the Phoenix alley. Look it up. Dirty business and made with pride in the USA.

And NOW to sleep. :D
Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Jun 2018, 03:10

Jimbo wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:Whataboutism is the biggest fucking handbrake in existence. I don't give a flying fuck what Obama did, what Hillary might've did, what anybody else fucking did. At this point in time the ONLY thing that matters is Trump and his stupid band of heartless spongeheads is DOING it, and it needs to be fucking stopped.

What about what Hitler did? They are comparing Trump's immigration policy to Hitler. Does that ring your bell?

It should.

Jeff Sessions is comparing that policy "to Hitler." In a defensive way. Does that ring your bell?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Jun 2018, 06:57

toomanyhatz wrote: We're supposed to be getting better, not bragging about getting worse.

That's the rub. You wouldn't see it on Leave It To Beaver but It isn't getting worse. it's always been some kind of bad. (See Oliver Stone's Untold History.) Under Trump its a little worse. And pardon this next bout of whataboutism, but neither have the media, the banks and the opposition party been worse either, especially considering what they are up against. And the American people. Oy. Just read how private companies are making tens or hundreds of millions off this seemingly new trend of holding immigrant children. House kids in an abandoned KMart? Yessir, President Trump! And there is another rub. A maniac like Trump gets into office and asks how much money do I have at my disposal and he is told not to worry. Money is unlimited. Last week I went to the US Embassy in Tokyo to renew my passport. I hadn't been there in ten years since I got my last passport. The security was - - there were two cops manning the crossing corner of the thoroughfare opposite the embassy. I'm a hundred yards away and had to show ID and state my business. Another pair of cops on the other side and then I had to empty my pockets and go thru a machine to get inside. Know how much this shit costs I'm thinking - at embassies and consulates all around the world. But money is no problem somehow. The passport did cost $100. Maybe to help defray the cost. But still … Hatz, I know you think things are supposed to be better - and in many ways they are with our toys and legal weed but the US government is - - - Trump was right - - - a swamp. A swamp filled not with water but money!

When I was traveling through Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and India back in the early 70s there was this bribe system called baksheesh. It was one Arabic word you had to know. You could pay off a cop or customs official as easily as tipping a bell boy. I kind of liked it at the time especially when the Pakistani border official found a golf ball of hashish in my hippie sack and wondered what to do … what to do. Luckily I had some Indian rupees bought at half the rate of actual rupees from a guy with an attache case full of money. (These were slightly crumpled rupees. Crisp rupees cost more.) I imagined back home how I'd pay off the state trooper next time I got pulled over for speeding. But then I remembered, Damn! there is no bribery in America. :lol: (Nor was there bargaining. Unlike in the mysterious east, in the US the price was the price. America has rules by God!)

You have swayed me somewhat and I now think this family separation tactic is horrid and so I hope pressure from us will sway Trump to come up with a more lenient policy. I still think cynically that ICE was harsh under Obama, too, but like someone above said that is not relevant. What's happening now is important. Trump deserves to hear an actual complaint rather than a fake one like Russia!!!
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jun 2018, 07:05

Jimbo, wake up. You’re talking in your sleep.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 20 Jun 2018, 07:07

sneelock wrote:Jimbo, wake up. You’re talking in your sleep.

Mmmm. Grumble grumble. Biden 2020. Mmmm.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 08:52

sneelock wrote:Jimbo, does it bother you when I compare thee to a Summer’s day?

Jimbo art more lovely and more temperate...
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 Jun 2018, 10:59

Perfectly put.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 20 Jun 2018, 14:55

Jimbo wrote:It isn't getting worse....

Under Trump its a little worse.

:roll:

Jimbo wrote: Trump deserves to hear an actual complaint rather than a fake one like Russia!!!

You already admitted it was real.

I'm honestly not sure what you're bringing to the discussion apart from unhinged, incoherent rambling. Your amusement at the president's antics and your apparent ability to believe almost anything do make you the perfect Trump supporter though!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Jun 2018, 16:15

sneelock wrote:there is a William Gibson tweet making the rounds that I think makes a good point. there is a section of Trump's audience who want to see him inflict cruelty on others. I think that's pretty fair.

Obama had detaining and deportation policies that were troubling - this is fair. Obama had supporters who didn't really express opinions on those policies - THIS is fair. Obama supporters did not GET OFF on separating children from their families. to even suggest anything of the sort is NOT fair. no matter how big a hypocrite I might be -- this is a whole different level of ugly.

Agreed. But it isn’t just their zeal that separates this administration and it’s supporters from the Obama administration.

Whatever legitimate criticisms you can level at Obama...he was an advocate of immigration reform and a path to citizenship. He was the guy who signed DACA into law. That doesn’t give him a good track record on immigration...or perhaps even a defensible one. But it’s just fundamentally dishonest to view Trump’s policies as “a little worse.”

Jimbo thinks Trump is “good for a goof” and that a “fuck it” attitude is better than outrage. Basically...he’s okay with children being warehoused in detention centers, and we should be too. Lighten up folks. The real victims here are Putin, “Bin Waden,” Bernie Sanders and the whole truther community.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Return to “Nextdoorland”