REAP CORNER

Do talk back
frimley_greener

Re: PROG CORNER

Postby frimley_greener » 18 Jun 2018, 09:18

Probably not a favourite at The Bullingdon Club disco.
You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off up the model village.

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Jun 2018, 16:47

frimley_greener wrote:Image

Probably not a favourite at The Bullingdon Club disco.

ooooooooooof!

NP

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Jun 2018, 08:21

2nd coming of the band with little in common with the 70s outfit - this is really rather good. More than that in fact. I loved it.

Beggars Opera - Touching The Edge

C
Robust

Postby C » 19 Jun 2018, 08:50

Lord Rother wrote:2nd coming of the band with little in common with the 70s outfit - this is really rather good. More than that in fact. I loved it.

Sounds interesting - original members?

i will investigate

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Jun 2018, 09:11

C wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:2nd coming of the band with little in common with the 70s outfit - this is really rather good. More than that in fact. I loved it.

Sounds interesting - original members?

i will investigate

Just Ricky Gardiner from the debut, although Virginia Scott is there too.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Jun 2018, 09:46

I’ve followed this Italian band’s progress and in this their 3rd album they seem less heavy and more progressive - down the Anglagard path maybe.

The occasional dissonance slightly puts me on my guard but actually there is much to like here.

Not A Good Sign - Icebound

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 19 Jun 2018, 11:01

Now enjoying this lovely show
A nicely balanced audience recording.

Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

C
Robust

Postby C » 19 Jun 2018, 11:49

The Slider wrote:Now enjoying this lovely show
A nicely balanced audience recording.

Link please Johnny...?

x

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Jun 2018, 21:09

Scottish band from the 60s who are now credited as having played a significant part in the birth of the British prog scene, having admirers and audience members at the time including Bowie, Emerson, Wakeman, Fripp and many more.

You guys may already know all about them but if not it is worth reading up. It’s another one of those “they were nearly huge” stories but luck was against them it seems.

Their recorded output apparently doesn’t do justice to their live work but as their story is completely new to me I can do nothing other than dive straight in. Sounds very good so far, even if the odd Beatles-style novelty song (e.g. Grandad) is entirely progless.

Clouds - Scrapbook.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 22 Jun 2018, 03:30

Medieval-style folk, recorded in 1973. This band later recorded as Stone Angel.

Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 22 Jun 2018, 08:39

NP

dl link in the secret area/from me to you :-)
with VIDEO!
Last edited by ConnyOlivetti on 24 Jun 2018, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 22 Jun 2018, 12:46

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 23 Jun 2018, 12:59

Cross - Wake Up Call

New to me Swedish band’s 9th album released in 2012. Not soul stirring after a couple of plays but decent.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jun 2018, 09:31

Were you there C? ;)

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jun 2018, 10:26

Wow, this is pretty impressive. The drummer..... :o

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jun 2018, 10:38

It doesn’t get much better than this.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jun 2018, 10:55

Sad to see Maartin Alcock has terminal cancer....

Hello everyone. People were saying after my appearances at Cropredy last year that I was unwell. I was not. I’d lost weight because I had discovered the joy of exercise and was working out regularly. I was actually very fit and any illness was far beyond the horizon.

This year was meant to be my travel gap year. I was going to revisit friends and favourite places around the world before slowing down to enjoy the evening of my years. I made it as far as Madeira in January for some heat, a place I’d never considered before, but I loved it. Such a beautiful fragrant isle, truly a paradise.

A week after my return, I developed jaundice, and had to go to hospital. Scans and tests revealed that there were more sinister things happening inside me. Now the race is run and the final chapter has begun, and my liver cancer is terminal. I am in absolutely no pain or discomfort at this time. For the time being, to look at, you wouldn’t think there was much wrong with me. I am fully mobile, with energy, eating and sleeping well, and totally at peace with what the future holds. How long that future lasts is anyone’s guess, but I probably won’t make it to next summer. I shall play my final live performance at the Fairport Cropredy Convention this August, but I shall continue to make music while I draw breath. My main priority now is to finish the autobiography I began in January, and which now has an additional final chapter. I had no idea the deadline was so strict then. I will go with dignity, good humour and good grace. I just have to wait now for transport back to my own planet. I only came for the curry anyway.

So, do not be sad. I achieved everything I ever wanted to do from daydreaming in a council house in north Manchester to travelling the world with my heroes, playing to thousands and thousands of people, and getting paid for it. I have lived a lot, laughed a lot and loved a lot, and I shall leave this planet with eternal love and gratitude for my wife Jan, my three children Madeleine, Jered and Jane, and their mum Gill, and all of you who took any interest in this mad northerner. Thank you all so much. Be happy and shower the people you love with love.

Maart
Still here for now…
Harlech, Cymru, June 2018

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Jun 2018, 11:39

Lord Rother wrote:Image

Were you there C? ;)

Sadly not Bob!

NP

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Jun 2018, 11:41

Lord Rother wrote:
Sad to see Maartin Alcock has terminal cancer....

Hello everyone. People were saying after my appearances at Cropredy last year that I was unwell. I was not. I’d lost weight because I had discovered the joy of exercise and was working out regularly. I was actually very fit and any illness was far beyond the horizon.

This year was meant to be my travel gap year. I was going to revisit friends and favourite places around the world before slowing down to enjoy the evening of my years. I made it as far as Madeira in January for some heat, a place I’d never considered before, but I loved it. Such a beautiful fragrant isle, truly a paradise.

A week after my return, I developed jaundice, and had to go to hospital. Scans and tests revealed that there were more sinister things happening inside me. Now the race is run and the final chapter has begun, and my liver cancer is terminal. I am in absolutely no pain or discomfort at this time. For the time being, to look at, you wouldn’t think there was much wrong with me. I am fully mobile, with energy, eating and sleeping well, and totally at peace with what the future holds. How long that future lasts is anyone’s guess, but I probably won’t make it to next summer. I shall play my final live performance at the Fairport Cropredy Convention this August, but I shall continue to make music while I draw breath. My main priority now is to finish the autobiography I began in January, and which now has an additional final chapter. I had no idea the deadline was so strict then. I will go with dignity, good humour and good grace. I just have to wait now for transport back to my own planet. I only came for the curry anyway.

So, do not be sad. I achieved everything I ever wanted to do from daydreaming in a council house in north Manchester to travelling the world with my heroes, playing to thousands and thousands of people, and getting paid for it. I have lived a lot, laughed a lot and loved a lot, and I shall leave this planet with eternal love and gratitude for my wife Jan, my three children Madeleine, Jered and Jane, and their mum Gill, and all of you who took any interest in this mad northerner. Thank you all so much. Be happy and shower the people you love with love.

Maart
Still here for now…
Harlech, Cymru, June 2018

:(

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Jun 2018, 17:01

Return to “Yakety Yak”