Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Do talk back
bobzilla77

Re: Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways

Postby bobzilla77 » 07 Dec 2014, 05:14

Count Machuki wrote:Hey, LAYDEEZ....!

"Imagine if Dave Grohl played his guitar with no pants on, and he just shredded while his naked pink dick just flapped around? That is Sonic Highways."

Dave Grohl's Sonic Highways Systematically Erases Women in Music (@Jezebel)

(ps...talk about your buried lede)

I don't really agree with the criticism, as I didn't when it was made about Lena Dunham's show. Not everything has to be about everything, not every kid gets a trophy. You can't tell every story.

I liked that they had Joan Jett prominently in the LA episode, though not sure what to make of the fact that they totally obscured Cherie Currie's presence in the Runaways and only showed footage with Joan as lead singer. But I think everyone believes LA punkers were all inspired by the same combination of Pistols/Ramones/Stooges, and I appreciated Pat being there to say, the Runaways were the ones that convinced the Germs that they could do this.

Anyway he has Heart and Joan Jett opening for him at RFK Stadium, he's gotta be OK, right?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Dec 2014, 16:07

The gradschool/bloggy writing style put me off from the word go.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 09 Dec 2014, 23:03

It also reduced the entire history of what the show DOES talk about to "Dave Grohl's cock" which I think is, perhaps, over the top, or maybe under the rim.

How does Joan Jett feel about being reduced to just a part of that?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Dec 2014, 15:09

Hole is not mentioned.

:lol:

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 09 May 2018, 16:05

There’s been a lot of delighted squeals around the announcement of a third Bill and Ted movie.

I’m already getting a bad feeling about who may crop up in a, no-doubt self-deprecating, cameo.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 10 May 2018, 08:30

Whenever I watch one of my favorite 1930's screwball comedies, I'm so glad that most of them have been forgotten by modern-day Hollywood (or dismissed as useless - "where are we supposed to blow things up?"). The thought of them being remade by whatever crap actors would get the green-light with some seventh-rate rewrite... well, the only thing left would need to get cameos by you-know-who numbers 1-72. And everyone would be scrambling for Grohl's "ain't he a sport" moment as the guy in Easy Living riding the double-decker bus and getting the fur coat dropped on his head. Except Sturges' family now own his screenplays and won't allow remakes, so that ain't gonna happen. As for the rest? Too much talking, not enough action, not enough explosions, so who needs it. And thank God for it.

(BTW, this thread was mucho laughs. I still crack up at Grohl on the Byrds album cover.)

"Quite."

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 10 May 2018, 09:33

Yes! we need more 'LEAVE WELL ALONE' signs to stick on old reels
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 07 Dec 2018, 13:33

This is a thing.

They have their own webshop and everything.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 07 Dec 2018, 17:40

PENK wrote:This is a thing.

They have their own webshop and everything.

Only a matter of time before pretend-Dave tries to muscle in on ‘The Bootleg Beatles’, US4, or other turds, and get his grinning mug on their promo stuff.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Return to “Yakety Yak”