13%
No
88%

Total votes: 8

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: "Fake News"

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2017, 13:57

Reading an article in the online English version of the Asahi Shimbun titled: UPDATE: Japan and Russia hold talks on security, territorial dispute THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. At first I thought, good, at least Japan is holding talks with Russia but then I hit this fake news line: The talks are the first "two-plus-two" meeting since Russia's annexation of Ukraine..

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201703200008.html

You see? Russia Russia Russia! No, Associated Press, Russia did not annex Ukraine. Ukraine, with Obama's and HRC's assistance, overthrew its president and installed a new and much better America-friendly president.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Mar 2017, 14:14

Drone on.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Mar 2017, 15:35

I can relate. I go through the same thing every time someone falsely claims that the world is round. Can't they just admit that we've all been hoodwinked by the globe industry?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 22 Mar 2017, 12:43

Foreign Affairs magazine mofos! This ain't fake.

The point is simply to grasp the legitimacy in Moscow’s perspective—that expansion of the Western blocs is not an organic, democratic process but, rather, one engineered by the United States and its allies, and motivated as much by power as by principle.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... ew-d-tente
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 22 Mar 2017, 23:05

Jimbo wrote:Foreign Affairs magazine mofos! This ain't fake.

The point is simply to grasp the legitimacy in Moscow’s perspective—that expansion of the Western blocs is not an organic, democratic process but, rather, one engineered by the United States and its allies, and motivated as much by power as by principle.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... ew-d-tente

It's not fake. Nor is it news. It's an opinion piece.

Not being a subscriber, I can't read the entire thing. From what I could read, I'm not unsympathetic to the basic thrust. But nothing there precludes the possibility that Russia interfered with our election.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Apr 2017, 02:34

I would hope you'd be skeptical of recent claims that Assad gassed his own citizens because you read it in your favorite (fake) MSM source. I find it uncanny that, again, so soon after an attack how a good reporter can poke holes in the official story.

NYT Retreats on 2013 Syria-Sarin Claims
April 6, 2017

Exclusive: Even as The New York Times leads the charge against the Syrian government for this week’s alleged chemical attack, it is quietly retreating on its earlier certainty about the 2013 Syria-sarin case, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

The New York Times, which has never heard an allegation against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad that it hasn’t immediately believed, has compiled a list of his alleged atrocities with a surprising omission: the Aug. 21, 2013 sarin gas attack outside Damascus….

If this fuller history were understood, much greater skepticism would be warranted by the new allegations about Assad ordering a new sarin attack. While it’s conceivable that Assad’s military is guilty – although why Assad would take this risk at this moment is hard to fathom – it’s also conceivable that Al Qaeda’s jihadists – finding themselves facing impending defeat – chose to stage a sarin attack even if that meant killing some innocent civilians.
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/06/n ... in-claims/
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jun 2017, 07:03

The mainstream media is being shown to be the real fake news more lately than ever - especially when it comes to reporting about Russia. There is the firing of CNN reporters for supposedly wrongly reporting about a business deal between Russian financiers and a Trump colleague, and then there is the Project Vertias video secretly filming a CNN guy admitting how the Russian story is done for ratings and is "mostly bullshit." And now the New York Times is having its ass handed to it for writing a fake news hit piece on political comedian Lee Camp who has a show on RT. Camp's retort which I shall link here is funny as well as cutting citing point by point by point how the New York Times lied "bigly."

Lee Camp: How to Write Propaganda for the NY Times—As Demonstrated in an Article About Me

http://www.alternet.org/media/lee-camp- ... noman-lies
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 29 Jun 2017, 07:11

Project Veritas, eh?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jun 2017, 07:39

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Project Veritas, eh?

Yeah, I know. It is fucked up how right wing, pro Trump sites are getting the truth out these days. Rather than going after Planned Parenthood or ACORN, this time O'Keef went after CNN and actually got a scoop. No matter, shooting the messenger is still a bad idea.

The Lee Camp article is in not-right wing Alternet. Does that make you less wary of the truthfulness?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 29 Jun 2017, 08:20

Now I just feel sad for you.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Jun 2017, 12:44

Apparently Trump has been hanging these framed fake covers of Time magazine in all his golf clubs.

Time have told him to take them down.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2017, 13:24

The Prof wrote:Apparently Trump has been hanging these framed fake covers of Time magazine in all his golf clubs.

Time have told him to take them down.

I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Dec 2017, 15:20

GOOGLE HIRING 10,000 REVIEWERS TO CENSOR YOUTUBE CONTENT

Google is escalating its campaign of internet censorship. On December 4, the internet giant announced it will expand its workforce of human censors to over 10,000. The censors’ primary focus will be videos and other content on YouTube, its video-sharing platform, but will work across Google to censor content and train its automated systems, which remove videos at a rate four times faster than its human employees.
https://popularresistance.org/google-hi ... e-content/
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Dec 2017, 17:17

I think TRUMP's TIME covers are a splendid metaphor for "the TRUMP era"
he doesn't fucking CARE if they are legit or not. he's on the cover of TIME - see? what are you, blind? LOL.
uggy poopy doody.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Dec 2017, 20:24

Without a shred of proof or evidence, the popular resistance website wrote:While railing against “extremist content,” “child exploitation” and “hoaxes” in the interest of “public safety,” the ultimate goal of this campaign is the suppression of left-wing, anti-war sentiment.

I like this part too:

The company has also begun using automated demonetization to financially censor video producers who upload content it deems “inappropriate” for monetization, including “controversial or sensitive subjects, war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown.” In August, the videos of “Ron Paul’s Liberty Report” were demonetized after a “manual review” by YouTube found it “unsuitable for advertisers.” Julian Assange referred to the action as “economic censorship,” noting that the “unsuitable” videos featured the former congressman’s criticism of president Donald Trump’s decision to send more American troops to Afghanistan, as well as criticizing the US Senate Intelligence Committee for branding Wikileaks a hostile foreign intelligence service.

So what else do they feature? Did Google or Youtube actually say they were censoring based on the politics espoused? Seems to me plenty of Left-wing propaganda ISN'T censored. Why not? Maybe because it DOESN'T include Jihadist recruiting?

I'd need a bit more information than they offer before making the assumptions they want us to make.

Funny how they claim to be railing for truth in journalism yet go out of their way to avoid any factual justification for their claims.

But, typical of what Jimbo believes. All you have to do is accuse someone of suppressing what you have to say and that automatically makes it true!
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 May 2018, 21:44

With the UK ranking at 40 and the US at 45 in the 2018 World Press Freedom Index if I were you Mr. BBC watcher and Ms New York Times reader I'd be more skeptical of what our governments via our media tell us. https://rsf.org/en/ranking_table
Question authority.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 May 2018, 00:05

This message contains too few characters,
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 May 2018, 00:12

Jimbo wrote:With the UK ranking at 40 and the US at 45 in the 2018 World Press Freedom Index if I were you Mr. BBC watcher and Ms New York Times reader I'd be more skeptical of what our governments via our media tell us. https://rsf.org/en/ranking_table

...rather than of Russia, which is at number 148. :lol:

Wow, you're sure talented at defeating your own argument!
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 May 2018, 00:12

As hard as I TRY to get all my news from the Swedish press...
Footy wrote:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 10 May 2018, 17:51

okay, a show of hands. Who reading this thread (out of the hopefully 3 or 4 of you)... who among you has recently sat down with a newspaper or news broadcast and believed everything that was said? this week? this month? this YEAR???

anybody? I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer for you. no you haven't. since many of you are younger than me I'd even go so far as to guess that you never really have. and why should you?

this morning I wanted to hear about what went on in Syria - I had heard a headline and wanted some details. I beat everybody to the lunch room at work. I changed from News Channel to News Channel. they were all talking about the Torture Lady being appointed to run the CIA. this is important but I've been hearing plenty about that. so I kept changing channels and finally found the Today Show on NBC. they basically repeated the headline and then started talking about the tragedy of being Mrs. Harvey Weinstein. they talked a lot more about Mrs. Weinstein than they talked about Israel bombing the holy fuck out of Syria.

it's been this way a long time. When Reagan was arming hooligans in Central America the best you could hope for was a play by play. Few dared call them hooigans but some called them heroes - quite a lot of them in fact.

Nobody thinks the news is telling the whole story. it's a process. you gather stuff up in your brain and then you turn on the bullshit detector and keep an eye on the world.

we are probably appointing someone well versed in torture and rendition to run the CIA for an openly pro-torture President. we backed out of a treaty with Iran and then, a day later they are on the brink of war with Israel. these are, more or less, facts. it's takes a lot of parsing but you can still basically get the facts of what's going on.

sure, the news media has a LOT of problems but there are still people following the story and getting that story out for our edification against sometimes staggering odds.

I like the news and I hate the news. it's takes a lot of work but it's worth a lot of work. nobody spoon feeds you unless you're using your hands for something else and you don't mind them doing it.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Conspiracyland”